1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

MY FABULOUS FIAT LINEA

Discussion in 'Linea 1.4 Fire' started by J Ravi, Jun 2, 2010.

1. I don't understand the spare part pricing, same element is available for Rs 340 including fixing charges at TASS mysore road.
  2. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    Air filter element for petrol engine is different and costlier than that of diesel engine, IIRC. During the fifth paid servicing on 17 September 2012 at Mysore Road Concorde, it was out of stock. So, they cleaned it and refitted the same. Again, it was out of stock at Hemant Goyal Motors, Patiala during our return journey from HP trip. There also, the same element was cleaned and refitted. So, I decided to change it at any cost [pun intended] before my Linea's Ranjangaon plant visit.
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2012
    2 people like this.
  3. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Mumbai
    Ravi ji,

Went through your excel (List of services & cost). Couple of points noted (detailing helps) :

Once I wondered (and I think sungoa has also asked about Spark Plugs) that why Transmission/ Gear Oil, Brake / Clutch Fluid, Power Steering Fluid etc are changed at 35K kms in your Linea and at 60K kms in my Linea when the schedule is at 60K kms. Just checked the schedule - it's 60,000 kms or 24 months whichever is earlier. Thumbs up to TASC Concorde for doing it on schedule (or did you point it out?)

Similarly as sungoa asked Spark Plugs are changed in your Linea at 35K kms and in my Linea at 60K kms? The schedule is every 30,000 kms. Again Thumbs up to Concorde while my TASC did not change it at 30K kms when it should have changed it.

What I noticed is following are the main parts replaced in your Linea:

- Link Rods at 2384 kms 1st service
    - Brake Pads set at 35K kms
    - Elastic Pads (2 no.s) at 40K kms
    - Front Shock Absorber at 40K kms
    - Bent Alloys (missing above but I think it was in 50% goodwill warranty?)
    - How about Battery? Are you still on Stock battery or changed? Sorry, do not recollect if mentioned earlier.
    - Any other parts I missed ?

Good to see that you persisted with GT3 tyres. My personal opinion is that GT3 are under-rated and are good tyres though they get bashed frequently. Good grip. Noise may be higher but never so high to bother me personally.
    1 person likes this.
  4. Pran

Pran Superiore

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    My colleague was saying that Ford has different labour cost for different cities, they have tier1, tier2, etc city classification and based on that labour cost is higher in bigger cities. Not sure if Fiat too have something similar.
    PS: Saw the reply by Ravi sir, but still wanted to now if anyone is aware of such classification.
  5. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    Thanks, Amit.

I went to Mysore Road Concorde with my list of works to be attended to, but did not show it to the team leader. The team leader explained the works that were to be done and I ticked one by one.:)

15239d1319078797-my-fabulous-fiat-linea-dsc05483.jpg

Here is the detailed report on the fourth paid servicing.

Yes, I got two new alloys under 50% goodwill gesture. I did not include it in the maintenance cost since the alloys might have bent due to driving in off-road conditions.:)
    Still running with OE stock battery.:)
    Nothing.
    Thanks once again, Amit. I did not face any issues with the OE stock ones. Even the tyre burst happened at 52 k km after 3 years just before replacement.
    2 people like this.
  6. VahanPujari

Mumbai
    Then that SA needs to be complemented & encouraged. Very few SA's are so organised & particular.

You should include that in cost of ownership and neverthless it would be a small cost an won't make much difference to your cost of ownership.

::T:up Your Linea is running at what 56-57K kms ? OE Battery in my car also lasted till about 50K kms.

PS : I believe you are travelling and most probably driving your car on the way to Pune. How do you manage to type/ post with Quote posts ?;)
    1 person likes this.
  7. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    I checked into Ginger Wakad, Pune at 11:30 am today and posting from there.:)
    1 person likes this.
  8. VahanPujari

Mumbai
    Excellent. So entire convoy has reached there !!

Enjoy Pune. Enjoy eateries (I've added a few to your suggestions !).

May be you all can explore sinhgadh today.

.....EDIT - and see ya all tomorrow !
    Last edited: Dec 13, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  9. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    if you are visiting sinhagad,becareful on the sinhagad ghat veryvery bad road.
    Entry fee of 50 rupees for 4 wheelers on sinhagad with such kind off roads :X
    Last edited: Dec 13, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  10. VahanPujari

Mumbai
    I went to Sinhgad on bike 19 years back ! And had humble Zunka Bhankhar there !!