1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

MY FABULOUS FIAT LINEA

Discussion in 'Linea 1.4 Fire' started by J Ravi, Jun 2, 2010.

1. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    I don't think so. It's well within the limits specified in the owner's hand book, i.e., 400 g/1,000 km, or say, 455 cc/1,000 km.

OilConsumption.jpg

OilConsumption2.jpg
    1 person likes this.
  2. FastLove

FastLove Superiore

Mumbai
    Linea 1.4
    Essentially, Any oil consumption is not good. But, yes, European cars including VW has this high oil consumption issue. So, for general statement they have mentioned the safe limits in the manual. With a mention of driving conditions n other factors. But,its not healthy for sure, as I understand from some friends and other members in TFI.

MJD owners have not reported oil consumption or top-up required between service intervals. Also, not all FIRE engine owners report such high oil consumption.

Have you ever reported this to TASS? Bcos, when I showed concern to my TASS, they changed the oil seperator @60000km and asked me to observe. Still,I have had to do top-ups but not alarming levels. Around a ltr in last 10000km.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2
    1 person likes this.
  3. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Mumbai
    My Petrol Linea has run 72,250 kms & I do not remember topping up Engine Oil frequently. I think once or 2-3 times TASC topped it up during monsoon or other service camps or during my frequent TASC visits. On my own, I have not purchased engine oil to top up. Have not checked engine oil level since long, will have to do it. But then why to do it now, next month it will be 75,000 kms service :)
    1 person likes this.
  4. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    Many times, I discussed oil consumption in 1.4 FIRE engine with the SA in Concorde Motors. My SA advised me that consumption of engine oil upto 250 cc/1000 km was perfectly normal. Nothing to worry about.
  5. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    My Linea @ HP

My Linea on my way from Kalpa to Kaza:

DSC08486.jpg
    14 people like this.
  6. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Your Linea has seen India (and some neighbors) well. Tried and tested Linea shining on foothills.

Excellent.
    3 people like this.
  7. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    Bangalore To Chennai Non-Stop Again!

Again, I did a non-stop driving from Bangalore to Chennai home-to-home. And, I took 4 hours and 59 minutes only, which is a record for me. As usual, Bangalore to Mulabagilu is excellent 4-laned NH 4, toll-free, so far. Mulabagilu to Nangalli [KA-AP border] stretch has gone from bad to the worst with full of potholes. The two-laned NH4 in AP is well-maintained. The Mogili ghat section is driver's delight.:) The stretch from Wallajah road junction to Poonamalle consists of potholes, badly-patched sections, undulating tarmac and what-not.:( Today, I drove through Poonamallee town instead of bypass, which could be one reason for saving about 10 minutes. My previous trip details are here.

BangaloreToChennai.png

MID.jpg
    6 people like this.
  8. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    You always rock with instant updates Ravi Ji. You are updating this thread at this time and that too after driving whole night.
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  9. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    Thanks, Ramesh. After reaching home, I didn't feel like sleeping. So, I thought, let me update the forum!:)
    2 people like this.
  10. speedJet

speedJet Superiore

Gurgaon
    That is a really extravagant snap!!! I am confused on what has to be admired - natural beauty or Fiat Linea beauty!!
    1 person likes this.