1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

MY FABULOUS FIAT LINEA

Discussion in 'Linea 1.4 Fire' started by J Ravi, Jun 2, 2010.

1. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    My Linea Gets New Windshield

On 1 October 2012, some few km ahead of Akpa check-post, Himachal Pradesh on NH 22, the traffic was stopped due to blasting and clearance of debris by BRO staff. So, I stopped my Linea and started clicking photographs. As the work seemed to take some more time, I sat inside my Linea. Then, I heard a 'tip' sound. The very next moment I saw at least two cracks on the windshield in front me.:( Then, I realised that a stone chip might have fallen from the mountain top on my Linea's windshield resulting in cracks.

DSC08424.jpg

DSC08429.jpg

After returning to Bangalore, I took my Linea to the nearby Windshield Experts on Chord Road on 16 October 2012 and got a new one windshield for my Linea, bearing FIAT logo, costing Rs 6,250. I paid by credit card and did not claim insurance as the net amount that I would get was less than the no-claim bonus that I am enjoying now.

Image0095.jpg

Image0096.jpg

Image0099.jpg

Image0101.jpg

Image0107.jpg

Image0109.jpg

Image0110.jpg

Image0113.jpg
    4 people like this.
  2. Very sorry to hear about this incident Ravi sir...Any other car there met with this accident??
    1 person likes this.
  3. puntosat

puntosat Superiore

Bangalore

I think above lines must be changed...

it looks like weherever we go in India we find Ravi sir....

I'm simply amazed by your energy and salute ur wife for giving so much support ..incredibly by being with you...
    4 people like this.
  4. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    Thanks, wolverine_arnab. I saw some cabs and trucks having cracked windshields. I think, they don't change their windshields just for cracks.
    Thanks for the compliments, puntosat.:)
  5. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    My Linea Is Worshipped

My Linea was worshipped today on account of Ayudha Puja. My Suzuki Fiero and my son's Royal Enfield Classic 500 gave her company.

DSC08919.jpg
    4 people like this.
  6. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram
    Raviji,how about a long travel covering the 106 divyastala,starting with Sreerangam??,though not at a stretch,atleast in stages??.
    It would be interesting and usefull for others to follow.
    1 person likes this.
  7. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai
    Wow - Wow - Look at the Fiero, Ravi sir please send me your address so that I can come and pick it right away lol I remember driving my brother's Silver Fiero when it was launched and the awesome kick it used to give, sadly TVS messed up with the new Fiero and we don't see it anymore.
    1 person likes this.
  8. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    I had already visited many of 106 Divya Desams including temples in Kanchipuram, Srirangam, Srivilliputtur, Azhagar Kovil, Mathura in UP, Thiruvananthapuram, Thiruvallikkeni, Thiruneermalai, etc. Regarding completing the remaining ones, I don't know, when that would happen! Thanks, Bala.
    Mine is 12 year old Suzuki Fiero, still going strong!:) Thanks, Suresh.
  9. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    Maintenance cost at 99 paise per km only at 56,200 km

My Linea had a new set of 4 Good Year GT3 tyres costing Rs 4,400 each at Chandigarh at 52,000 km during my recent Himachal Pradesh trip. I topped up half-litre of the engine oil at Bilaspur. After returning to Bangalore, I again topped up another half-litre of engine oil emptying the 4-litre can of Selenia K that I had! My Linea has so far consumed about 5 litres of Selenia K for top-ups only apart from replacement during servicing. After updating these expenses, I find that my Linea's maintenance cost works out to mere 99 paise per km only at 56,200 km that she has run so far.

MaintenanceCost@56200km.png
    1 person likes this.
  10. FastLove

FastLove Superiore

Mumbai
    Linea 1.4
    Sir, 5ltr oil top-up is too much. Have you explored the cause of this ? I do observe oil top up required in my car too but must be Max 1ltr in between oil changes.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2012
    1 person likes this.