1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

MY FABULOUS FIAT LINEA

Discussion in 'Linea 1.4 Fire' started by J Ravi, Jun 2, 2010.

1. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Sorry that I forgot to post here. J Ravi sent me a message when he reached Sarahan on 28th Septrmber at around 8pm. He visited IIAS or something over there.

Just writing here to fill some gaps in his travelogue till Ravi sir does not get back to a place with good net connectivity.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 1, 2012
    2 people like this.
  2. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    Thanks for the most awaiting update. I almost guessed about the connectivity problem as it is next to nil chance that Ravi sir will not give any update or reply during his journey without a genuine reason. A biggest lesson for any member of forum or even beyond forum level. Ravi sir is a true champion if he begins he complete it with 100% perfection:D
    Wish all the best for his rest of the journey
    2 people like this.
  3. PaddleShifter

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    UPDATE: J Ravi sir and mam left Kalpa at 10am and have reached Kaza at around 8:30pm tonight. They dropped Tabo (perhaps poor road conditions?).

Lets wait for new updates from J Ravi sir. :)
  4. Sheen

Sheen Timido

Bangalore
    Thanks for the update. :)
    1 person likes this.
  5. rajankamboj

rajankamboj

shimla
    The road for Kaza goes Via Tabo, so in any case he would have seen that 1000 yrs old Tabo monastory.

It seems Ravi sir had skipped night stay at Tabo(in the original plan he was to stay at Tabo) and drove to Kaza for night stay.It might be difficult for Ravi sir to update the travelogue from Kaza because of poor net connectivity at Kaza.

It was so wonderful to meet him to meet him, in person,at Shimla on 26th sept and hope to meet him again on 4th Oct.
    1 person likes this.
  6. PaddleShifter

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    @Rajan- I, too, would try to meet him again when he is in Chandigarh. Last time he missed the Himalyan expressway and instead went through Pinjore and Kalka. Anyways, the return journey on this track is better as those multiple spped breakers don't hurt on downhill journey like they do when we are driving uphill towards Parwanoo.
    1 person likes this.
  7. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    Is there any update from Ravi Sir. Hope things are fine from his side.
  8. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Yes. I think so. When I spoke with him last Sunday, he told that the connectivity is very poor and very difficult to even get a mobile connectivity. He should be able to update when he comes back to Chandigarh in another 1/2 days.
    1 person likes this.
  9. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    After off-roading for more than a week during the Kinnaur-Spiti-Lahaul circuit in Himachal Pradesh, my Linea brought us safely and comfortably to Hotel Fifu, Jaisalmer at 10:40 am today. Day-before-yesterday, I stayed at Hotel Highway Inn attached to BP outlet on NH 21 near Bilaspur, HP, as I could not continue my driving to Chandigarh due to exhaustion and also very bad road conditions as I was driving from Kaza leaving at 4:15 am. Jaisalmer is the last sight-seeing place in our itinerary. From Sunday onwards, it is homeward drive!:)

JaisalmerStay.png
    8 people like this.
  10. Sir, wonderful to hear from you. Hope you had a great time despite of the poor roads :)
    1 person likes this.