1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

MY FABULOUS FIAT LINEA

Discussion in 'Linea 1.4 Fire' started by J Ravi, Jun 2, 2010.

1. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    HP Trip Update

My Linea brought us safely and comfortably to HPTDC Hotel Holiday Home, Shimla at 4:30 PM today. We left Hometel Chandigarh at 11:30 AM. We visited the mountain resort Timber Trail by cable car en route.

ShimlaStay.png
    9 people like this.
  2. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Sir, how was the Timber Trail experience? Since I haven't been to many places outside Chandigarh, so made this recommendation. :p

Also, I see that you reached Shimla comfortably under 4 hours. Thats cool.
    1 person likes this.
  3. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    Ravi Sir, Only 93 km behind for correction of your own record(infact TFI record) of the longest trip(Nagpur -Amritsar 1583 kms)!
    A salute for your driving skills and determination:wow
    2 people like this.
  4. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    Thanks a lot, sungoa2010, for good wishes. One should be prepared to face these unforeseen and unpredictable events that's in store for us. That's life!:)
    Thanks, nbvcrao. When the travel ends, travelogue starts!:)
    Thanks a lot, Amar. Perhaps, we are destined to meet later.
    Thank you, wolverine_arnab, for kind wishes.
    Thanks, kedarbendre, for the kind words.
    Thanks, YB. The cable car experience was good. We spent about half hour at the mountain top and returned back. My MMI navigator again misguided me in taking me through Kalka and Parwanoo to Timber Trail instead of 4-lane Kalka bypass. While reaching there, I found the 4-lane road joining!
    Thanks a lot, sungoa2010, once again, for the compliments.
    1 person likes this.
  5. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    Mini TFI Meet @ Shimla

Last evening, fellow-TFI'ian rajankamboj was kind enough to meet me at HPTDC Hotel Holiday Home, Shimla, amidst his hectic schedule. He gave valuable tips for our Kinnaur-Spiti-Lahaul trip. He suggested some shops for our shopping, where we shopped today. The last, but not the least, he presented me with a Himachali cap.:) Thanks a lot, rajankamboj. TFI rocks!:)

DSC08076.jpg

DSC08079.jpg
    18 people like this.
  6. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Manasa Vacha Karmana

Ravi Sir,
    Manasa Vacha Karmana:-You and your Lineaa :)

Making your drives so easily across the states/country.
    1 person likes this.
  7. So Ravi sir did you all start your Kinnaur leg journey?
    1 person likes this.
  8. gauravp

gauravp Amatore

Pune
    Inspiration and inspiration which i get from you!!

One day i also want to see my self at Leh and HP with my Tjet...time to start saving for this :)
    1 person likes this.
  9. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    Ravi sir you look different in HP cap:D I remember the Maruti ad. Wherever you go you will find a maruti service station. Like that wherever we will find a TFI friend.
    How is the coolant and engine oil level after this long trip. Any change in the levels?
    1 person likes this.
  10. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Just had a chat with Ravi Ji.

Everything's fine with his journey. He couldn't update the thread as there is absolutely no connectivity at all. He may be able to update only when he comes back to Chandigarh. The road condition is horrible from Wangtu and maximum speed he could do was around 30 kmph. Now, he is at Kalpa checking out his hotel to head to Kaza which is around 200 kms.
    4 people like this.