1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

MY FABULOUS FIAT LINEA

Discussion in 'Linea 1.4 Fire' started by J Ravi, Jun 2, 2010.

1. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Reading tyre burst stories, makes me nervous. Good to hear you have changed all tyres.
    1 person likes this.
  2. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    Lol...

Anyway this brings me to a very difficult discussion are there any signs i can look for in the tyres that can tell me that its time to change them?
    I mean i'm currently running on new set of tyres (Maxxis) done about 500-700kms . But this tyre explosions are rather difficult to digest.
    Any means of catching flaws before something like this can happen?
  3. nkapoor777

nkapoor777 Regolare

New Delhi
    Tyre burst?? Thankfully you were able to negotiate safely. I had commented on the GT3 thread but I didn't know the tyre issue before I read this - go easy on the new GT3's for at least 500-600 kms. 17600 is a great price for a set of 4 new tyres.
    1 person likes this.
  4. Thankfully nothing untoward happened due to tyre burst.

Yet another inspirational trip by one and only Ravi sir :) Truly amazing sir!

I missed this thread else I would have met you Noida / Delhi.

Now I will look out for the travelogue :)
    1 person likes this.
  5. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    My Linea on Yamuna Expressway.

DSC08017.JPG

DSC08022.jpg

Oh, I didn't know that.

Thanks, Ravi. My front right tyre that had burst had 3 - 4 mm deep tread before I had left Bangalore. I didn't know how it happened.

I am totally clueless about this tyre burst especially when it was in good condition and I was cruising at 80 kmph speed only with frequent breaks.

Thanks, nkapoor777. Even I feel so. A Bangalore brand-store dealer had quoted Rs 4750 each.

Thanks, gonugupta. I came out of Noida at 9:30 am and I took more than 2 hours to reach NH 1. Let us definitely make it some other time.:)
    6 people like this.
  6. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    As usual your Linea undergone the unwanted incident. Oh I remember the suspension work at kolkota and the road roller incident while returning from Ledakh.
    But our wishes are always with you and your Linea so that it will protect your Linea and its occupants:D
    Best of luck for next phase of journey.
    2 people like this.
  7. nbvcrao

nbvcrao Amatore

Guntur
    Dear Mr. Ravi,

Ooops I missed..

Wishing you both a happy and safe journey with memorable moments to share, as usual, for another interesting, informative write up from you.

Your travelogues inspire me to upgrade to Linea immediately, once again.

Await eagerly for your detailed report. Best wishes to you both..
    1 person likes this.
  8. speedJet

speedJet Superiore

Gurgaon
    Another legendary journey by our legendary Ravi sir.

Unfortunately I had not checked this thread and missed meeting you Ravi sir
    1 person likes this.
  9. Thank god you are safe...Take care sir,cant wait to read more updates from you...
    1 person likes this.
  10. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Ravi sir hats off to you. You covered almost each and every state of India in your Petro Linea.

Nice to see the photos and reading your reviews as usual.

Sir you are idol for me scheduled North India trip.
    1 person likes this.