1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

MY FABULOUS FIAT LINEA

Discussion in 'Linea 1.4 Fire' started by J Ravi, Jun 2, 2010.

1. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    J Ravi sir, please PM me your number. I wont disturb you much as you have driven more than 1000km but would like to talk to you for a few minutes if possible. :)
    1 person likes this.
  2. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    PM sent.:)
  3. PaddleShifter

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Nice talking to you J Ravi sir. :up :dancing :D
    I am eagerly awaiting the moment when I will be able to see the legendary Linea (and it's owner) that has done trips to the most states in India out of all the cars at TFI. :)
    3 people like this.
  4. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    Feeling jealous of you that I am not in Chandigarh:)
    2 people like this.
  5. linealover

linealover Regolare

Madras
    sir,you got an amazing discipline in doing things.

A discipline comes out of love,not a army kind of forceful.i wonder "how can one got to update while on travel?".

on top of that you answered many question before going to bed after a tired drive.

your leh travelogue served as a reference guide to many, say for rohit tunga,.anshuman et al.

neatly documented excel sheet comprising of fuel expense,timings,price,hotels,roads etc.

Kudos to passion!!!

"ADMIRATION GUARANTEED"
    10 people like this.
  6. kvk

kvk Amatore

Bangalore
    Ravi sir. I have no other words hence echoing what linealover is saying.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk 2
    2 people like this.
  7. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    Linealover said it correctly. There is not a single post in any of the thread posted by Ravi sir which is not answered whether it is a appreciation or or a query. So his travelogues are not only reference to road travel but some times a reference in journey of life.
    3 people like this.
  8. PaddleShifter

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Today I met J Ravi sir. It was a great to meet him in person finally.

2012-09-25 15.22.29.jpg
    8 people like this.
  9. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    Mini TFI Meet @ Chandigarh

Today, I had the privilege of meeting of PaddleShifter [aka Dr Yashik Bansal]. He spent more than half day with us and guided my Linea in getting a new set of GT3 tyres.

Yesterday, my Linea's front right tyre got burst somewhere after Karnal on NH 1. Since I was cruising @ 80 kmph on the left most lane of NH 1 with sparse traffic, I brought my Linea to halt without any problem. I replaced it with the spare tyre. I shudder to think of the consequence if it had burst when I was doing triple-digit speed on many occasions. The tyre opened up on the side wall, on the tread portion for more than a feet along the circumference.

Anyway, my Linea's stock tyres covered about 51,900 km so far with few more mm of tread left. But, I decided to replace her tyres with the same GT3 as I am fully satisfied with the performance of GT3. No experimentation when fully satisfied with a product, that is my principle so far. So, I took two quotations from Goodyear dealers in Chandigarh. Tyre Zone [Dot Arjun] quoted Rs 4400 plus free fitment/wheel balancing with wheel alignment chargeable. Bansal Auto Zone quoted Rs 4500+free fitment only all others chargeable. So, I decided in favour of Tyre Zone, Manimarja, Chandigarh.

PaddleShifter was kind enough to drop at Hometel, where we stay, in his Punto90HP and guide us to Tyre Zone. He patiently sat with us while the work was going on. When the work was over, Dot Arjun charged me Rs 17,600 only all inclusive including wheel alignment. He also gave me a JK tyre-branded traveller's bag. That was a good deal, in fact cheaper than that of changemytyre.com. Finally, we went to CCD outlet at Panchkula where we had veggie burger and Lemon Majito and my wife had her favourite cappuccino. The mini TFI meet ended with some photo ops.:) Thanks to TFI for making such wonderful meet possible.:)

DSC08034.jpg
    Last edited: Sep 25, 2012
    16 people like this.
  10. PaddleShifter

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    It's just a normal Punto 75HP J Ravi sir, the FGT one. I bought the 90HP badge and stick to it's boot since I am a 90HP fan. ;)
    6 people like this.