1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

MY FABULOUS FIAT LINEA

Discussion in 'Linea 1.4 Fire' started by J Ravi, Jun 2, 2010.

1. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    We reached our Bangalore home safely at 5:15 pm today. We left Hotel Lakeview, Ooty at 10:15 am. I took the same Masinagudi route for the downhill journey too. The first stop was at HP outlet near Gundlupet at 12:30 pm where my Linea had petrol for Rs 1000. We had coffee at the attached CCD. The next stop was at Maddur Adiga's for hot tomato soup at 3:30 pm. My Linea did not participate in the photo session as there was no sign of it until 10:15 am although it was scheduled at 10 am.

2012-09-16 18.06.09.jpg
    2012-09-16 18.06.33.jpg
    2012-09-16 18.06.57.jpg
    2012-09-16 18.07.07.jpg

Another innovative idea of Tamil Nadu Highways Department. The speed breakers on the MDR [Masinagudi route] are placed only for vehicles going downhill and not for the ones going uphill. And also, at every hair-pin bend, the drivers are advised to go in the second gear!:)

2012-09-16 10.43.50.jpg

Thanks, Deepak.
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2012
    6 people like this.
  2. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    My Linea had her fifth paid servicing done at Concorde Motors, Mysore Road. I went there by 10:35 am and got my Linea back by 6 pm today. Since all the fluids and spark plugs were replaced in the previous servicing itself, engine oil and oil and fuel filters were replaced now. They didn't have stock of air filter. So, the existing air filter was cleaned and refitted. The washing of my Linea was very bad with a gift of minor scratch.:( I expressed my displeasure in the instant feedback. I paid Rs 5615 by credit card.

DSC07980.jpg
    3 people like this.
  3. linealover

linealover Regolare

Madras
    we really missed your linea and your family for the photoshoot.

we thought of leaving ooty around 1030,perhaps we left around 1430.

parking all cars in that space is a uphill task,thus ate the time.

Anyhow your linea got the service job done as per schedule.
    2 people like this.
  4. best of luck for your tour sir,cant wait to hear from you soon...post tons of pics...my in laws went there this may without us,in our future tour plans we have this sector in mind...your experience might make this a reality soon...
    1 person likes this.
  5. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    OMG. How did I miss this update? This is another stunner from you Ravi Ji. Very eagerly waiting for your trip and updates and lots of photos. Spiti is one of my favorite and is in the to do list.

Here's are some boosters for you on Spiti. Shot by a friend, Sriram Guruswamy.

p1.jpg

p2.jpg

p3.jpg

p4.jpg

Hope, I did not hijack your thread Ravi Ji.

Have a safe journey and wonderful time and as usual keep us updated :).
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2012
    3 people like this.
  6. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    In another few hours, we are scheduled to leave for Vadodara en route HP.:)

Not at all, Ramesh.

Thanks a lot, Ramesh. My Linea badly requires all the good wishes as the snowfall has already been reported in the higher reaches of HP!

Thank you very much, Arnab. Will post updates in this thread, and after my return, will start an exclusive thread for travelogue.
    5 people like this.
  7. linealover

linealover Regolare

Madras
    OMG ,nobody noticed your silent update.many a congrats !!!

even i clicked the like button,missed the mega trip hiding between chennai & bangalore

schedule.

j.ravi sir,you didn't gave a hint when we met in ooty.perhaps, army top secret or in other

words "come on its yet another short drive" (i like these figures 1500km in 32 hrs)

sir,Every time you gather momentum on wheels,creates a buzz.

Every journey is unique with FTA baby.

This is something a "poetry on wheels".

sorry ramesh!! i have hijacked your topic.
    1 person likes this.
  8. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    Ravi sir, all the best for your trip and have a safe journey :)
    1 person likes this.
  9. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai
    All the very best sir, looking forward for your status updates. Wishing you happy and safe trip.
    1 person likes this.
  10. kirenh

kirenh Regolare

Mumbai/Pune
    Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Wishing you a very Happy & Safe Journey.

Kiran
    1 person likes this.