1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

MY FABULOUS FIAT LINEA

Discussion in 'Linea 1.4 Fire' started by J Ravi, Jun 2, 2010.

1. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    A few minutes back, my Linea had tankful of petrol at IOCL Woodlands Enterprises, opposite Hotel New Woodlands, Dr Radhakrishnan Salai, Chennai costing Rs 72.19/litre. The rats at my Chennai home decided enough is enough and spared my Linea from their menu.:) Perhaps, the daily ritual of pouring household phenyl-mixed water all around my Linea in the night kept the rats away from my Linea. Thanks, PaddleShifter, for this suggestion. When it can discourage dogs, why not rats, I thought.:) My Linea is all set to leave my Chennai home by 10 pm tonight to Bangalore.
    3 people like this.
  2. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Busy week for your Linea Ravi Ji. Your Linea will again had to head to Ooty this weekend.:)
    1 person likes this.
  3. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    Thanks for rats for sparing your Linea. Happy journey:D
    1 person likes this.
  4. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Thanks J Ravi sir for trying the idea of phenyl water. :D

I guess after dogs, cats and rats, now it should be tested on snakes as well. LoL. Ramjn once discussed about snakes.
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 12, 2012
    3 people like this.
  5. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    Chennai to Bangalore

My fabulous FIAT Linea brought us home, sweet home at Bangalore safely and comfortably today at 3:35 am. We had left our Chennai home by 9:50 pm last night. There was a long queue of vehicles at Porur junction even at 10:30 pm.:( There was a lot of traffic all along NH 4. I could drive really fast from Mulabagilu to Bangalore only, where 4-lane stretch is completed. So, driving from Chennai to Bangalore was totally different from that of Bangalore to Chennai! Another point I noticed was, driving from Bangalore to Chennai was quicker with better FE on the same route and the same timings, perhaps due to climbing 3000+ feet altitude of Bangalore, while driving from Chennai. Here are the statistics:

DSC07789.jpg
    DSC07791.jpg
    DSC07792.jpg
    DSC07793.jpg

Compared to the vital statistics of Bangalore to Chennai, all the parameters went for a toss.:(
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2012
    4 people like this.
  6. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    My Linea is getting ready for the South India Meet at Ooty on 15-16 Sep 2012.

As the first part, this afternoon, she had tankful of petrol at HP COCO outlet at Basaveswara Nagar costing Rs 75.93/litre and got the air filled in to the required pressure. Later, I washed her alloys with shampoo-mixed water. Tomorrow, she will get a bath, which will be the second and concluding part before sailing to Ooty.:)
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2012
    7 people like this.
  7. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    My Linea had a quick bath this morning. The trip meters A & B were reset. All fluids levels were checked and found correct. She is ready for tomorrow's drive.:) She has an appointment with Concorde Motors, Mysore Road, on 17 Sep 2012 @ 9:30 am for the fifth paid servicing [3 years/50 k km].
    2 people like this.
  8. nbvcrao

nbvcrao Amatore

Guntur
    Mr. Ravi,

Wishing you another memorable, smooth drive with happy moments to cherish at Ooty..

Look for another interesting write up from you on your drive and experience..

Best wishes for safe, pleasant drive.
    1 person likes this.
  9. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    Thanks nbvcrao. My Linea brought us safely to Hotel Lakeview, Ooty at 2:15 pm amidst rains. We met Hyderabad team at after Mysore.

DSC07819.jpg
    6 people like this.
  10. oncemoredieselpower

oncemoredieselpower Novizio

Bangalore
    1 person likes this.