1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

MY FABULOUS FIAT LINEA

Discussion in 'Linea 1.4 Fire' started by J Ravi, Jun 2, 2010.

1. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    I paid GBP 57.44 including shipping as against the listed price of GBP 53.99.
    Coupon code is mentioned in my post. Enter it while checking out. It will show a discount of 10% while making payment.
    PayPal is a popular and secure payment portal for international transactions. Nothing to worry about.:)
  2. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Ravi Sir,
    Thanks for the info.
    Created paypal account ;)
    and also tried to book the chrome OVRM after entering the coupon code showing discount of 4.50 GBP which is equal to the shipping cost as per your post :) .
    some how was unable to proceed further after selection of shipping address,raised an query to the seller will wait for the same.

---------- Post added at 02:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:33 AM ----------

Hello
    Thank you for your message
    I can see from your registration details that you are located in India.Unfortunately I have had to withdraw India from my shipping destinations as a large proportion of items are lost in the hands of the Indian postal system
    Sorry for any inconvenience caused
    Kind regards
    Robert
    Robert Voyse
    Partsworld-UKCompany No: 2346361e: partsworld@autoworld-uk.comt: 01246 450450

Sent: 23 August 2012 05:01
    To: Partsworld-UK
    Subject: Partsworld-UK. Contact us From

After billing address selection,i'm unable to proceed further giving me message "Shipping options could not be loaded "

Please do the needful.

Thanks,

that was the reply from the seller,it is sad to know about excluding india from shipping :(
    Last edited: Aug 23, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  3. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    It's sad that they have removed India from their shipping list. Sometime back, I got the Fiat Key Chain from them. It arrived me promptly.
  4. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    OMG. I bought FIAT key chain, OVRM chrome mirror covers and FIAT red mugs from Partsworld UK. Let us hope that situation would improve in the future.
  5. @J. Ravi sir... an average of 15.7.kmpl, from my standards is amazing. With MID showing an average speed of 67kmph, seems you must be doing 90-100. My T-Jet has been out on highway only ones, and that too one of the good ones, i.e., NH 2 from Delhi to Agra and the overall milage i could manage was 15kmpl that too keeping the speed at 80 kmph and avoiding revving up the engine or break accelerate kind of driving.
    Please do share some driving tips here.
    Also, just out of curiosity, do you use the ECODRIVE? If have seen you mentioning in other threads that you had started with it... if still continuing, would love to see your achievements on that too... which will be a benchmark for newbies like me who are with this beauty for less than 2.5k kms / 3 months.
    1 person likes this.
  6. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    Thanks for the compliments, shikhar10882.
    Yes, absolutely, occasionally crossing 130 kmph in some nice stretches on the 4-lane section.:)
    Try to maintain 100 kmph speed in 5[SUP]th[/SUP] gear. You will get more FE. Eco Drive recommends an optimum speed of 90 - 95 kmph.
    Speed.jpg
    This is the maximum score that I got. I set a target of 80 for myself, which never got fulfilled. Another weird thing was I used to get better scores in crazy Bangalore city traffic than in highway driving! So, I have switched it off.
    ecodriveTR.jpg
    2 people like this.
  7. Thanks for the response @J. Ravi sir!!!

I shall be travelling this weekend again to Agra, and Plan to take the Yamuna Expressway. I shall try to maintain what the EcoDrive and more importantly you have suggested. Will update you with the results on return, i.e, on August 29.

Strangely, my EcoDrive tells me (even after a run of 2300 kms, and about 5 runs of more than 100kms in a stretch) that the system does not have enough data to give me recommendations on speed. Something like:
    EcoDrive Speed.JPG

I remember you mentioning that.. and being a novice at the game, had set myself a target of 75.. but the results were so discouraging, with me never crossing 73 (week's average) that i just monitored it... and did not set myself any further targets. And yes... I face that comical situations many times when sometimes my spirited drive to office gets me a better score than the cruising return from office!!!
    My EcoIndex at present looks like this:
    EcoIndex.JPG

The sudden dip you see is the time when I had to take my car thru 'Kawar' traffic (the people walking from Haridwar to their destination on foot)....
    Those were actually bad times for my car... as that was the time she even got her first scratch on the right rear wheel arch when a Maruti Ecco tried to push itself in a lane driven trtaffic... the impact was hard.. so much that the ecco rebounded and went into the divider while the italian could come out with only a minor scratch on the arch... will post the pic in some other post. I am not sure if I will get that one fixed or not!!!
    1 person likes this.
  8. 1 person likes this.
  9. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    Thanks for the compliments, shikhar10882. That was for a short distance of few km with very controlled sedate driving. Even then, the credit goes to my FIAT Linea.:)
    1 person likes this.
  10. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    My Linea Gets New Pillows

Yesterday, my Linea got a pair of new cotton pillows measuring 16" x 16" for the front seats made to order from the friendly neighbourhood bed-maker costing rupee-symbol.gif 240 for two pillows. On the previous day, I received the pillow covers from a Jaipur seller ordered through ebay.in costing rupee-symbol.gif 240 for the pair. I liked the design so ordered it.:) The new set of pillows are wrapped in cotton hand-printed cover, stuffed with cotton and bigger compared to outgoing silk-covered, cushion-stuffed smaller pillows.

DSC07785.jpg

The older pillows got demoted to the back-bench!

DSC07786.jpg
    2 people like this.