1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

MY FABULOUS FIAT LINEA

Discussion in 'Linea 1.4 Fire' started by J Ravi, Jun 2, 2010.

1. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    I did a Bangalore - Chennai trip day before yesterday and returned back home at Bangalore at 1:50 am today. I enjoyed the driving my Linea especially the return trip last night in heavy, non-stop downpour from Kanchipuram to Bangalore.

My Linea returned 13 kmpl for the entire Bangalore-Chennai-Bangalore trip including inter and intra city driving with 5 people on board and ACC set at 20 deg C.

The windscreen wipers worked almost non-stop for about 4 hours in all the three speeds. I found that the wipers' movement was not smooth but shaky at the minimum and intermediate speeds. But, they worked alright at the maximum speed. In all the three speeds, they wiped the windscreen perfectly clean. I shall take up the matter when my Linea goes for the second free service the next month.
  2. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    So you are back in India.
    I think Petrol Linea has excellent FE.

Though I never had a chance to run wipers continuously for more than 30 mins. In my view if the wipers are cleaning properly, leave it as it is.
  3. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    Thanks, Ravi. Yes, I am back home, sweet home!

Since the wipers wipe the windshield perfectly alright, it is okay for me, as you have rightly said.
  4. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    Yesterday, an inebriated idiot riding a scooter banged my Fiat Linea's left ORVM when I was waiting for signal at the Ring Road - Tumkur Road junction. The ORVM got back-folded with a minor scratch. After reaching home, I observed that the plastic part below the mirror was broken by that moron.

Today, I visited Concorde Motors, Mysore Road and got the plastic part replaced at a cost of mere Rs 20! :)

As regards to the wiper problem, the SA assured me that my Fiat Linea's wipers would be replaced FOC under warranty during the second free service sometime next month.
    [attachment=0:jneefsey]ORVM 004.jpg[/attachment:jneefsey]
    [attachment=1:jneefsey]ORVM 003.jpg[/attachment:jneefsey]
    [attachment=2:jneefsey]ORVM 002.jpg[/attachment:jneefsey]
    [attachment=3:jneefsey]ORVM 001.jpg[/attachment:jneefsey]

ORVM 001.jpg

ORVM 002.jpg

ORVM 003.jpg

ORVM 004.jpg
  5. Ravi

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Wow, thats cheap, just Rs. 20.
  6. kaps

kaps Superiore

Arakkonam
    Really cheap, and I dare say, we love cheap plastics :)
  7. Ravi

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Quite right, sometimes ::D .
  8. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    Today, my fabulous Fiat Linea celebrates her first birthday. I wish her many more happy returns of the day. ::D

She has done 8521 km in the last one year. But, she has got to cover 5000+ km in MH, GJ, RJ, UP & DL next month!
    [attachment=0:35lg0hrv]1year.jpg[/attachment:35lg0hrv]

1year.jpg
    1 person likes this.
  9. Arun1100

Arun1100 Regolare

Bangalore
    Happy Birthday Cara Mia Linea. :clap All the best for the long trip!
  10. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Happy Birthday to the Fox trot Linea. Mag you enjoy with her even more. :clapping