1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

MY FABULOUS FIAT LINEA

Discussion in 'Linea 1.4 Fire' started by J Ravi, Jun 2, 2010.

1. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    Chennai To Bangalore Via Pondy, Trichy, Kundrakudi, Pillayarpatti & Dindigul

Yesterday [4 August 2012] my Linea reached my Bangalore home at 1:48 am from Chennai via Pondy/Trichy/Kundrakudi/Pillayarpatti/Dindigul [973 km] in less than 22 hours. Here are the details:

3 August 2012 [Friday]

4:05 am: Self and my wife left my Chennai Royapettah home in my Linea to Pondy via NH 45/66.

6:15 am: Visited Manakula Vinayakar temple, Pondy. Later, my Linea had tankful of petrol at Ashram BP pump. Petrol costs mere rupee-symbol.gif 67.86 per litre.

7:00 am: Visited our relatives at Navarkulam, Pondy. Breakfasted and chatted with them.

9:45 am: Left for Trichy.

12:45 pm: Arrived at Sangeetha's for lunch costing a mouth-watering rupee-symbol.gif 70 per full meal including delicious payasam. My Linea had tankful of petrol at TVS BP pump.

3:00 pm: Left for Kundrakudi/Pillayarpatti via Pudukottai on NH 210 which was full of diversions due to road-widening works.

4:45 pm: Visited Kundrakudi Shanmukhanathar temple.

5:30 pm: Visited Pillayarpatti Karpaga Vinayakar temple.

6:10 pm: Left for Bangalore via Nattham/Dindigul on SH 35/NH 7. SH 35 was a good 2-lane road.

7:15 pm: Arrived at Hotel Sri Gowri Krishna, Dindigul for sumptuous dinner washed down by stimulating filter coffee.

8:10 pm: Left for Bangalore. My Linea had another tankful of petrol at BP COCO outlet after Thoppur ghats. The road surface on the Thoppur ghats has gone from bad to worse.

4 August 2012 [Saturday]

1:48 am: Arrived home, sweet home. There was a delay of about 45 minutes due to traffic jam after Krishnagiri due to road-widening works. I think, delay due to traffic jams will be the order of the day [and night too!] until 6-laning works in those sections are completed.

8:00 am: Got up, freshened up and went for a walk. What did I find? One, my Linea's rear left tyre was flat.:( Two, my BSNL BB was not functional.:(

10:30 am: Inflated the punctured wheel with the tyre inflator and visited the friendly neighbourhood tyre repairer and got it repaired. He removed the culprit screw that caused the puncture and repaired the puncture using the plug supplied by me. I was charged rupee-symbol.gif 50 only for the labour.

3:00 pm: BSNL staff visited, checked the wifi modem, all settings and declared that everything was fine at my side and they would check at the exchange on Monday.

Now, it's time for some mandatory photographs.

Moon-setting witnessed before entering Pondy

DSC07753.jpg
    DSC07754.jpg
    DSC07756.jpg
    2012-08-04 01.51.22.jpg
    2012-08-04 01.51.45.jpg
    Image0093.jpg
    Image0094.jpg

This guy caused the puncture

2012-08-04 12.27.00.jpg
    Last edited: Aug 5, 2012
    6 people like this.
  2. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    This is too big to enter the tyres.
    Do you have plans to change the tyres in near future, Ravi Ji?
    1 person likes this.
  3. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    I am waiting for 50 k km mark [still 2500 km to cover]!:)
    1 person likes this.
  4. Ravi ji ,
    What is this "plug" ? Is it something like a readymade stuff to fix puncture ?

Ajit
    1 person likes this.
  5. ramjn

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Yes. It is used to seal the puncture on tubeless tyres. This rubber plug is inserted through the punctured area and this will completely seal the gaps.
    1 person likes this.
  6. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    Yes, Ajit. Here are the photographs that are self-explanatory. I bought the kit from ebay.in in July 2011 costing Rs 218.50 including shipping and discount. The kit includes rubber cement which is to be applied at the puncture as well as on the plug.

11833d1311581986-tubeless-tyre-puncture-repair-dsc04220.jpg
    11834d1311581989-tubeless-tyre-puncture-repair-dsc04226.jpg
    1 person likes this.
  7. Thanks Ravi ji .. I am seing this product for the first time .. It may because I am yet to see a puncture on my car .. Wish it remain same :) ..

But looks like it is a great product . Thanks for the pics Ji ..

Ajit
    1 person likes this.
  8. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    I under-estimated the rats at my Chennai home, which made a meal out of my Linea's fuel overflow filler tube during my recent stay there.:(

When my Linea had tankful of petrol at Ashram BP pump at Pondy, even before the auto-shut off was activated, petrol started leaking from the under-body. I knew, something wrong with the overflow filler tube. Ditto at TVS BP pump at Trichy. Immediately, I drove to VST near Trichy railway junction at 1:45 pm. There was nobody at the reception. The staff members started coming after 2:15 pm, but the SA for FIAT, one Paramaguru, was nowhere in sight. When I enquired, the standard reply was Paramaguru had gone for lunch and would be back in few minutes. I waited for that person upto 3 pm in vain. Then, I decided to get it done at Concorde Motors, Mysore Road, Bangalore and continued my journey to Kundrakudi/Pillayarpatti, and then, to Bangalore. At BP COCO outlet near Thoppur ghats, my Linea had 3/4[SUP]th [/SUP]tankful of petrol only to prevent wastage.

Today, I took my Linea to Concorde Motors, Mysore Road. When I told the problem to Somu, he immediately replied that filler tube required replacement. My Linea was hoisted and he showed me the damages done. My next worry was availability of spare filler tube. But, my fear was unfounded: it was available. The entire unit costing rupee-symbol.gif 8,168 was replaced within 1 hour. Later, I tested it by having tankful of petrol at HP COCO outlet near my home. Now, it is fine. But, I really pray those rats to show mercy on my Linea during my next visit to Chennai.

DSC07770.jpg

Somu suggested to go in for GC enhancement kit for my Linea costing rupee-symbol.gif 14 k as it was readily available. I told him that I shall decide about it later.
    Last edited: Aug 7, 2012
  9. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Oh bad, and sad experience at VST.

Yes get GC enhancement done, when suspension needs to get changed.
    1 person likes this.
  10. ramjn

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Bad experience at VST even at Trichy? I am praying that VST shouldn't get the exclusive Fiat dealership and service for Chennai.

Try using the "Sundu Pugaiyilai" (don't know what it is called in English) available at Indian medicinal shops.
    1 person likes this.