1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

MY FABULOUS FIAT LINEA

Discussion in 'Linea 1.4 Fire' started by J Ravi, Jun 2, 2010.

1. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    When I studied history in school I used to think, how people get energy to travel across India in those days where there is no motor vehicles available. . How Sankaracharya had travelled across India.? I think after following your threads I am now getting the answer." Determination". Kerala-to kashmir, Goa to Shillong.What your Linea and you are doing is a national integration. It gives inspiration especially for the young. "Follow your destination with determination". Again I have to say that it is a proud to be part of this forum.I wish there could be a smile to salute. :D
    1 person likes this.
  2. ninads123

ninads123

Nashik
    Ravi Sir,

I missed this live travelogue :( just saw this thread. Will read all posts in free time...

Last time I was glued to TFI while reading your Leh-Ladakh travelogue.
    1 person likes this.
  3. saharsh

saharsh Regolare

Noida
    Awesome! I always eagerly wait for your travologues!! They are lovely!!

Hope your passion continues in the same way!!
    1 person likes this.
  4. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    Trip To East & North-East - The Final Update

We [me, my wife and my Linea] reached our home safely exactly at 2:55 pm today. We left Konark, Odisha yesterday at 11 am. This time, I drove 1568 km in 28 hours, thanks to the excellent 4-lane roads in Odisha, Andhra Pradesh and Karnataka. I parked my Linea along with other trucks in a truck lay-bay area in some unknown place at Andhra Pradesh this morning and had a nice sleep from 4 am to 5 am and continued the journey. We stopped at a defunct Reliance pump after Nellore in Andhra Pradesh [pump closed, but the restaurant was open] for our morning ablution and breakfast. After many days, we enjoyed the delicious breakfast comprising idly, vada, pongal and coffee.:) We ate our late lunch at home.

DSC07673.JPG
    DSC07674.JPG
    DSC07675.JPG
    DSC07676.JPG

So, the journey has ended, but the travelogue has already started!:)

Thanks, sungoa2010 for those nice words.
    Thank you, ninads123.
    Thanks a lot, saharsh, for the compliments.
    Last edited: May 2, 2012
    6 people like this.
  5. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Good to hear that you reached safely Ravi Ji. I will be glued to your Travelogue Thread.

Looks like your Linea is now due for 4th Service - Paid.
    1 person likes this.
  6. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    Thanks, Ramesh. My Linea's 4th paid service was done at 35 k km in October 2011 after the Leh expedition. So, 5th paid service is due at 50 k km or October 2012 whichever is earlier.
    1 person likes this.
  7. BoseSuman

BoseSuman Superiore

Midnapur (W.B) & Hyderabad (A.P) India.
    Linea 1.3
    Very true Ravi Ji. Roads are very very good in NH5 & NH60, basically you can say gliding over road :). And many congrats for safe journey and provide us good travel story.

But we need more pics.., all of we are demanding that from you :D .
    Last edited: May 6, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  8. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    Thanks, BoseSuman, for your wishes.
    More pics are here.
  9. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    I started cleaning my Linea in instalments.:)

Yesterday, I cleaned the interiors, engine bay and topped up engine oil [consumed about 0.5 litres] and windshield cleaning fluid [almost full 2 litres]. All other fluid levels were at their maximum limit. It took about an hour.

Today, I cleaned the 4 wheels and registration number plates: first I washed them with shampoo+water. Afterwards, I scrubbed them with clean cotton cloth immersed in shampoo+water at regular intervals to remove the stubborn brake pad dust and finally, washed them with clean water. The black alloys [especially, the front ones] turned into sparkling silver and the registration number plates are now free from mortal remains of exotic and indigenous insects and bugs.:) This exercise consumed about 45 minutes.

Tomorrow, I plan to clean the exterior.
    2 people like this.
  10. karan desai

karan desai Superiore

Morbi, Gujrat
    is oil consumption common in petrol lineas?? mine also consumed oil after 2000kms.