1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

MY FABULOUS FIAT LINEA

Discussion in 'Linea 1.4 Fire' started by J Ravi, Jun 2, 2010.

1. Ravi Sir, Please let us know about your schedule in Chennai, it would be an honor for us to have a meet with you again. Chennai team is waiting for your return.
    Last edited: Apr 23, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  2. Anandh ,
    Here people arrange meet "Just like that " and when Ravi Sir is coming I dont think that we need any other reason for a meet .. :)

Ajit
    Last edited: Apr 23, 2012
    3 people like this.
  3. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    Ravi sir, By this time you might have already started for Bhutan. All the best for this episode of your journey.
    Does the petrol that available in Bhutan is same grade that we get in India?
    Since Fiat had started export to Srilanka and Bhutan I hope you will get some company of Linea there also.
    1 person likes this.
  4. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Ravi Ji, are you planning to visit Chennai while returning back? or will it be a separate trip after you reach Bangalore. In either case, we would love to meet you and your Linea. Please let us know your plan and availability and we will call for a meet here in Chennai :D.

Agreed Anandh.

Very true. But, now we have got very valid and genuine reason for calling a meet :).
    3 people like this.
  5. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    Trip To East & North-East - Update

I am posting this message while breakfasting at Hotel Singye, Thimphu, where we reached safely at 7 pm yesterday. We left Phuentsholing, Bhutan at 12:30 pm yesterday after obtaining entry permits for us and vehicle permit for my Linea. Day-before-yesterday, we had left Shillong at 8:30 am, reached Phuentsholing by 9:30 pm and stayed at Hotel Centennial 2008.
    Thanks, cvanandh. I am looking for meeting you guys again at Chennai.:)
    Thanks, Rajesh_Karunanithi. I shall let you know well in advance.
    Thanks, Ajit.
    Thanks, sungoa2010. I refuelled my Linea at Bharat Petroleum, Phuentsholing, Bhutan costing Rs 58.54 per litre [same unleaded petrol]!:)
    I am yet to see a Punto/Linea in Bhutan.
    Thanks, Ramesh. Sure, I shall inform well in advance about my Chennai trip.
    3 people like this.
  6. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    Ravi Sir, Nice to hear that you reached there safely.
    How far is Phuentsholing from boarder.? How is the road from border to Thimphu.?
    Wish a happy stay at our neighbor country.
    1 person likes this.
  7. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    Ravi Sir, Hope the things are fine there. When is the return journey?
    1 person likes this.
  8. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    Trip To East & North-East - Update

Posting this message from OTDC Panthanivas, Puri, Odisha, where we checked in at 9:15 pm today. We left Thimphu at 7:30 am IST yesterday. After visiting Chelela Pass near Paro, I started driving towards home @ 12 noon yesterday. Drove about 1500+km in 38 hours, thanks to West Bengal's notorious roads and traffic jams.
    Phuentsholing, Bhutan is just across the border. While Jaigaon is the town on the Indian side, Phuentsholing is on Bhutan's side. A welcome arch separates them!
    The distance between Phuentsholing and Thimphu is 172 km. Out of this about 100 km are excellent, butter-smooth two lane road. The remaining 72 km comprise deadly single lane roads and stretches where road widening works are in progress. Many times, I had to back my Linea to accommodate a truck coming from the opposite side.
    Yes, absolutely fine. The return journey has already started!:(
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  9. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    Even though the roads were notorious in WB you surprised us by moving ahead of our thoughts and reaching Orissa. After a another 38 hours of drive Puri is ideal place to relax. April-May will be really hot in Bhubaneswar. But the rasgolla at Biklanda, Bhubaneswar will make the mind cool. :).
    1 person likes this.
  10. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    Here are the chronological details of the events [all timings @ IST]:

28 April 2012

7:30 am: Left Thimphu, Bhutan after breakfast

12 noon: Left Chelela Pass, near Paro after spending about 10 minutes

8:30 pm: Had dinner @ some road-side restaurant, Siliguri bypass

12 midnight: Arrival @ BP COCO/Ghar Dhaba outlet, Dalkhola for refuelling and tea

29 April 2012

1:00 am: Left BP COCO/Ghar Dhaba outlet, Dalkhola after power-napping for about an hour

7:00 am: Halted for about an hour @ BP COCO/Ghar Dhaba outlet, Moregram for refuelling, morning ablution & breakfast

1:30 pm: Halted for about an hour @ BP COCO/Ghar Dhaba outlet, Uluberia near Howrah for refuelling, wash and lunch

5:00 pm: Brief halt @ BP, Panikoili, Odisha for refuelling and wash

9:15 pm: Checked in @ OTDC Panthanivas, Puri

Here are the trip details from Bhutan to Bhubaneshwar as recorded by my Linea:

DSC07491.JPG
    DSC07492.JPG
    DSC07493.JPG
    DSC07494.JPG
    Last edited: Apr 30, 2012
    2 people like this.