1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

MY FABULOUS FIAT LINEA

Discussion in 'Linea 1.4 Fire' started by J Ravi, Jun 2, 2010.

1. kaps

kaps Superiore

Arakkonam
    This travelogue has now acquired all ingredients of a masala thriller with traffic jams thrown in :) Great spirit Raviji. These are life enriching experiences and will stay with you forever, along with the fond memories of your second lady love in FTA.
    1 person likes this.
  2. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    Trip To East & North-East - Update

My Linea took us safely to Lake View Inn, Shillong at 3:30 pm today. Ghat sections and road-widening works took their toll in FE, average speed and trip timings. The traffic congestion in Shillong could beat Bangalore's hands down!:)

DSC06508.JPG
    DSC06509.JPG
    DSC06510.JPG
    DSC06511.JPG

Thanks, Kapil. These are all mere updates. The full-fledged travelogue would start after my returning home!:)
    1 person likes this.
  3. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    Ravi sir, Thanks for the updates. How is the new shock absorbers. Any difference in ride quality?
    I was surprised to read that shillong can beat Bangalore traffic jam.
    For going to Bhutan how far you have to travel back(from shillong)?
    1 person likes this.
  4. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore

Another hectic day today. We visited IAF Eastern Command HQ Museum, Elephant Falls, Cherrapunjee, Mawsmai Caves, Eco Park and Ward's Lake.
    Better than before. Earlier, I used hear some murmur whenever I drove my Linea on rough patches. Not any more. My Linea has learned to remain silent even on rough patches!:)
    The distance between Shillong and Phuentsholing, which is the gateway to Bhutan, is 480 km. My MMI navigator estimates 10 hours' drive!
  5. Ravi Sir, when you get back from your trip, please come directly to your chennai house, I really want to do a special pooja for your Italian Beauty and get the blessings from you.

Have a fabulous drive...
    1 person likes this.
  6. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Mumbai
    Oops. I was away for a few days and just missed updates on this thread. It's moving at lightening speed.

Just one word....AWSOME!!!

How do you regularly drive over 1000 kms at a stretch without rest?

How do you drive 34 hours at a stretch without sleep (1.15 hours is just a halt) ?

How do you regularly drive in the night mostly (if possible, try to limit it to bare minimum pls)?
    3 people like this.
  7. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)
    Ordered bucket full of popcorns, drum roll of drinks, got my recliner in position.
    Start the Show....

Awesome stuff...one man, one car endless journeys
    1 person likes this.
  8. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    Day is the presence of 'Ravi' and night is the absence of 'Ravi'. So when 'Ravi' himself drive the vehicle it doesn't matter whether it is night or dark.
    With his Linea, even at 'night' Raviji is like a 'Knight' forwarding ahead, piercing all obstructions.:D
    4 people like this.
  9. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore

We had a leisurely day today. Got up late in the morning. Had a hearty breakfast. Visited Don Bosco Centre For Indigenous Cultures [Don Bosco Museum]. Returned to the hotel, lunched and rested. We roamed around Police Bazaar in the evening. We will leave for Phuentsholing, Bhutan tomorrow morning after breakfast.
    Thanks, Rajesh_Karunanithi. My Linea will visit Chennai too after this Bhutan trip!:)
    Thanks, Amit for the compliment.
    I am sort of used to driving long stretches. Credit must go to Linea too.:)
    I will have a power nap after a couple of yawns.
    Thanks, Viny.
    Thanks, sungoa2010.
  10. Great going sir!

Now, this calls for another meet in Chennai with Ravi Sir and his Linea. Chennai team what do you say?
    3 people like this.