1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

MY FABULOUS FIAT LINEA

Discussion in 'Linea 1.4 Fire' started by J Ravi, Jun 2, 2010.

1. Arryan

Arryan Regolare

Bhilai
    Linea 1.3
    this is fabulous Ravi Sir. My salute to you and your enthusiasm. I have been reading your post regularly here and in team-bhp, but I missed the beginning of this trip.
    I would take this oppurtunity to personally thank you, Sir. Your thread (also the team-bhp one) and bala's thread in Carwale has changed my opinion about FIAT.
    I would be waiting eagerly for your travelogue and some fine pictures of rural north bengal. I was born and brought up in WB.

Hope you enjoy the rest of your journey and please drive safely. The hilly roads that lead to BHUTAN has some very treacherous hairpin bends.
    3 people like this.
  2. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    Trip To East & North-East - Update

Arrived safely at Wild Grass, Kohora near Kaziranga National Park.
    DSC06109.JPG
    DSC06110.JPG
    DSC06111.JPG
    DSC06112.JPG
    My Linea has already covered 3443 km in this trip so far.
    DSC06113.JPG
    DSC06114.JPG
    DSC06115.JPG
    DSC06116.JPG
    In the afternoon, enjoyed a thrilling jeep safari and sighted many one-horned rhinos, elephants, deers, etc. Here is a sample photograph:
    DSC06174.jpg
    Thanks, Ramesh. In Ginger, I enjoyed complimentary wi-fi. I am sure my Photon will not work in Bhutan. I am also keeping my fingers crossed.
    Thanks, Srini.
    Thanks, sungoa2010. The climate in Guwahati and Kaziranga is pleasant.
    In fact, my Linea had her left shock-absorber and both the caps replaced at Lexus Motors, Kolkata. She started making unbearable noise while going over rough road after entering Kolkata. We were waiting at the customer's lounge from 10 am to 5 pm until I got back my Linea. From there, I started my marathon driving to Guwahati!
    No. The fluid levels were intact.
    My MMI Lx130 with the latest v7.0 maps is 95% accurate. It misguides me during the remaining 5%!
    Thanks a lot, Arryan, for those kind words.
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2012
    6 people like this.
  3. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    It is better that you resolved the shock absorber problem before entering Bhutan. Waiting from 10-5pm after long drive will be tiring.They could have given the vehicle much early.
    1 person likes this.
  4. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore

The City Of Joy turned out to be the City Of Sorrow for my Linea on 14 April 2012 early morning. While entering Kolkata around 4:30 am, my Linea was made to run over a pothole due to congestion and I heard a bang. First, I thought it was just like other usual bang when I drive over potholes and craters. But, that was not to be. My Linea started making loud noise whenever I drove her over rough road. I didn't want to take risk in driving her for the remaining part of the trip. Since it was a Bengali new year day, all the service centres were closed. Lexus Motors informed me that they worked for half day on Sunday too, but there were fully booked. My Linea got her appointment for Monday [16 April 2012]. In the meanwhile, I had gone through the terms and conditions of the extended warranty for suspension, which will be valid upto 35 k km. Since my Linea just clocked 40 k km, I knew that I had to spend from my pocket.

On 16 April 2012, I checked out of Hotel Trimoorti at 8:30 am and directly drove to Lexus Motors with bag and baggage reaching there by 9:45 am. My Linea was immediately attended to. Later, I was told what I had already guessed: the LHS shock-absorber, both the elastic pads and caps were to be replaced. When I enquired about GC upgrade kit, I was told that they were expecting one kit by next month. The SA informed me that they had all the spares in stock and I would be getting my Linea back before 12 noon. I informed the SA about my trip and my intention of driving from there to Guwahati and requested him to return my Linea fully repaired ASAP.

Self and wife were sitting in the crowded customers' lounge. After half hour or so, I was told the bad news: they had two shocks in spare and both were RHS ones! So, a person was sent to get a LHS shock-absorber from their another service station. When the bad news comes, it won't come alone. The main road where Lexus Motors service station was located had come to a standstill because of a traffic jam and nobody got a clue as to when it would be cleared. The SA told me that I would be getting back my Linea only after 3 pm. So, we continued our sitting in the customers' lounge and had many rounds of tea. Our lunch on that day comprised Marie biscuits and Tropicana fruit juice that we had carried with us.

When I contacted the SA at 2:30 pm, he informed me that spares were yet to reach. But, the silver lining on the otherwise dark clouds was, I was assured that I would get my Linea on that day itself come what may.

Finally, the spares arrived by 3:30 pm. They were installed immediately by a group of mechanics. I was asked to accompany the mechanic for a TD. My Linea was back to normal condition. My Linea was washed and handed over to me. I paid the amount by credit card without any extra charges. We left Lexus Motors by 5 pm for Guwahati.

DSC06488.JPG
    Last edited: Apr 20, 2012
  5. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Sad to read this, but happy that it got fixed properly.
    1 person likes this.
  6. Ravi Sir ,
    That was pretty bad news ... But felt happy to know that they gave the LInea back on the same day after repair ..

One thing that I noticed is that youare posting more pics of the mileage and very less beautiful pics that you used to post usually . let me assume that you will post all those pics of nature once you reach safetly back to home after this wonderful trip :) ?

I am wishing you a trouble free journey ahead ..

Ajit
    1 person likes this.
  7. linealover

linealover Regolare

Madras
    nothing to worry sir,

its always part and parcel of life.right now it hurt much,but when you tell the same story say after a year or two, it will add spice and may all your grand children LOL.

your travelogue is similar to that of a cinema,all ups and down.but happy ending climax.

Abandon linea en-route leh(4 degree) is always an apex experience when compared to anything of this sort.

Kudos to your spirit and patience!!!.

Admiration guaranteed for Ravi sir.
    Last edited: Apr 20, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  8. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    Ravi Sir, I think whatever happened is for good and whatever going to happen is also for good. One way if we think you needed a complete rest, so the pothole incident was just a reason for that. Rest of the journey with Linea back to her normal form, will be peaceful. :)

After reading your detailed post, I felt Lexus motors actually helped their maximum. One positive thing is about Tata network. As people afraid bout the servicing of Fiat vehicle, your Linea incident proves that it works. Even Mahesh's Linea had it's 1st service done on the way during Bhutan trip.
    1 person likes this.
  9. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Sad to hear that experience. But, I am damn sure that this is nothing in front of your will and passion Ravi Ji. Just keep going.
    2 people like this.
  10. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore

We are scheduled to leave Kaziranga in another two hours to Shillong. We had enjoyed one elephant safari and 3 jeep safaris in different ranges of Kaziranga National Park in the last two days.
    Thanks, Ravi.
    Your assumption is correct, Cuty Red. I shall write a travelogue in an exclusive thread after my returning home.:)
    Thanks, linealover.
    The SA apologised for the goof-up, but assured repeatedly that I could continue my journey from there and there was no need to stay back and he kept up his word!
    Thanks, Ramesh.