1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

MY FABULOUS FIAT LINEA

Discussion in 'Linea 1.4 Fire' started by J Ravi, Jun 2, 2010.

1. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    A salute to your Endurance and Passion Ravi Ji. I am simply speechless after seeing your update. I was really worried yesterday for not finding any update from you. Thanks for updating us even after the restless drive for 30 hours.
    1 person likes this.
  2. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    Happy to hear that you had reached safely. According to google map I was expecting something between 21-24 hours and was curious thinking that why Fabulous thread is not appearing in New posts. So now rural Bangali villagers had a chance to have a look at Linea. Have you find any other Lineas on the way to Guwhati?
    Google map also shows a shorter route to Guwhati NH37.

@sham,Cuty red ramj: Correctly said about Ravi Sir. We should also thank and appreciate his wife, without whose support we couldn't have gotten the Led travelogue and the one about the existing trip.

Ravi Sir Please convey our regards and wishes for your wife.Wish a happy and safe journey for rest of the trip.
    1 person likes this.
  3. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    Thanks, linealover. We had clicked many more photographs, other than MID displays, but you will have to wait for my travelogue after my return.:)
    Well said, theblack.
    Thanks, shams, for kind wishes.
    According to my calculations and planning, this drive must have been completed within 24 hours of drive. But, I underestimated West Bengal's roads and did not include margin for a mother of traffic jams on 4-laned NH 31 between Islampur and Siliguri.
    Thanks, Ramesh. Whenever my children called, my wife talked and the standard reply from my side was that I am driving! They were worried too.
    Thanks, sungoa2010. The shortest route is via Shrirampur and Bongaigaon, which was recommended by my MMI navigator too. But, 4-laning of NH 31 was in progress between Shrirampur and Guwahati. So, I took the longer route via Boxirhat.

I found many Puntos and Lineas in Kolkata. Even on NH 31 from Binnaguri to Cooch Bihar, there was a white Linea going ahead of me, but I didn't find them in more numbers.

While taking a detour via rural Bengal, I was driving by the side of Indo-Bangladesh border fencing. In fact, I stopped by and enquired a defence personnel about reaching Siliguri via that village road. That person after seeing my Linea's registration number plate, became friendly and introduced himself that he was from Kerala. He invited us to visit the tea estate on the other side of the border! I thanked him profusely and proceeded towards Siliguri.
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2012
    3 people like this.
  4. Wow Ravi sir, you continue to inspire us all. Wishing you good luck and lots of good roads. Happy Driving :)
    1 person likes this.
  5. ramjn

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Ravi Ji. You actually overestimated Bengal's Road to be good. Isn't it? ;)
    1 person likes this.
  6. wokaow

wokaow

Bangalore
    Hats-off Ravi Sir!
    Super passionate!
    Your Linea is very lucky to have you as the owner!
    All the best for the rest of your trip!
    Enjoy!
    1 person likes this.
  7. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    Trip To East & North-East - Update

Last evening, we enjoyed Brahmaputra sunset river cruise. Then, we drove to Kamakhya temple on Nilachal Hill. We couldn't go inside the temple as it was closed. We drove back to Ginger and called it a day after enjoying an excellent buffet dinner. We will be leaving for Kaziranga National Park by 8 am today. After staying there for a couple of nights, we will be proceeding to Shillong [3 nights]. From Shillong, we will go to Bhutan [5 nights]. From Bhutan, we will return home via Bhubaneshwar [2 nights].
    7 people like this.
  8. ramjn

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Great going Ravi Ji. One question. Will you get the connectivity (internet) in Bhutan too?
    1 person likes this.
  9. Srini

Srini Regolare

Chennai
    Can describe this in one word - Unmatchable!!
    1 person likes this.
  10. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    Great trip Ravi Sir. This trip will take your Linea's odo near to half century. I am more anxious to read your travelogue than a newly released Hollywood thriller.
    How is the climate there? Have you done any General check up for Linea after this long travel. Is there any change in Fluid levels?
    How was the accuracy of the MMI device in this trip?
    Wish a pleasant NE stay, a heaven on earth. :)
    1 person likes this.