1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

MY FABULOUS FIAT LINEA

Discussion in 'Linea 1.4 Fire' started by J Ravi, Jun 2, 2010.

1. karan desai

karan desai Superiore

Morbi, Gujrat
    i too enjoy long drives but above 1000 is too much for me even in a linea. were you the only driver?? you really did great.
    1 person likes this.
  2. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Awesome and Passionate drive this is. My longest continuous drive till date is from Chennai to Guruvayoor. Started from Chennai at 4.30PM and reached Guruvayoor at 3.45AM covering a distance of little less than 700 Kms.
    1 person likes this.
  3. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    Yes. I am the only driver!
    1 person likes this.
  4. wokaow

wokaow

Bangalore
    Hello Sir,

Bought a 2012 Fiat Linea MJD Emotion (White) last month. :)

Can you please answer some of my queries on the Fiat Blue&Me Media Player Adaptor which you bought..

1. When iPod is connected through it, can I change/browse songs on the iPod using the HU buttons? Steering buttons?
    2. And, can I browse my iPod and change songs using the iPod keys when connected?
    3. Aux cable of bigger length or retractable type is available in the market?
    4. Price of the Aux cable and the Blue&Me Media Player adapter?

Have no knowledge in this, planning to buy that adapter and aux cable to connect my iPod. Please help.

Thanks. :)
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2012
  5. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    Congratulations and best wishes, wokaow. Explore and enjoy your lovely Linea.

Here are my answers to your queries:

When my son or daughter connects his/her iPod, they browse through their iPod only and select and play the music/song. Through steering control, it should be possible, but I haven't tried so far.
    Yes, you can. My son and daughter connect iPod through Blue&Me adaptor, browse, pick and play the music as per their choice. Without Blue&Me adaptor, iPod's music/songs are played at random, which is the default setting I have made for playing songs from my pen drive stick.
    Sorry, I pass this question as I don't know the answer. My children use the cable that came along with iPod and use it for connecting it through Blue&Me adaptor.
    First upgrade to Blue&Me software version 5.6 and see if your iPod plays without Blue&Me adaptor. When I bought my Linea, it had v5.3. It played from iPod at random. When we updated to v5.4, it did not recognise iPod. Then I bought the Blue&Me adaptor from Partsworld UK costing around Rs 5 k. Details are here.
    2 people like this.
  6. wokaow

wokaow

Bangalore
    Thank you for your reply Sir.

Bought the car last month, so the latest Blue&Me version should be installed, right? How to check the version?

I'll anyway connect my iPod as it is and see if it plays.
    I saw many negative reviews about that adapter.
    How do you rate the adapter? Working fine? No issues faced?

Mine is 2012 Linea Emotion, so can I use an Aux cable to connect my iPod or any
    other alternative you came accross?

Thanks.
    1 person likes this.
  7. nbvcrao

nbvcrao Amatore

Guntur
    Mr. Ravi,

Wishing you a Safe and Happy Journey along with your better half.

Await for your detailed travelogue.

Best Wishes for smooth drive all through..
    1 person likes this.
  8. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    Trip To East & North-East - Update

My Linea brought us safely to Hotel Trimoorti, Roy Street, Kolkata, at 6:30 am today. We left Visakhapatnam yesterday at 2:51 pm accompanied by hailstorm for about half hour. Here are the vital statistics recorded by my MapMyIndia Lx130 navigator:

DSC05947.JPG

And the FE as recorded by my Linea:

DSC05950.JPG

Many new FIAT cars purchased recently had the older version. First, try with v5.6. If it is successfully updated, then your previous version was v5.5. If you get error message, then try v5.5. After updating to v5.5, you can again update it to v5.6. You have to find out the version indirectly by trial and error only.
    With adaptor, we can browse the files in iPod. Without the the adaptor, it plays at random. We have not faced any issue. Since I bought it, I am using it.
    I don't have any idea about the aux cable's compatibility with iPod.
    Thanks a lot, nbvcrao, for the wishes.
    1 person likes this.
  9. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai
    Ravi sir - Have a safe and enjoyable trip, as Ramesh said we thought you'll be planning it later but not this soon.

1082 KM's in one day - you've got some energy. Hats off to you.

Sent from my LT15i using Tapatalk
    1 person likes this.
  10. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Ravi sir you need to be the brand ambassador for FIAT.

With punchlines like ''1000+ km's in 17 hours. FIAT reliability''

Just to allay people's fears that a FIAT might break down even on the trip to the grocery store
    2 people like this.