1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

MY FABULOUS FIAT LINEA

Discussion in 'Linea 1.4 Fire' started by J Ravi, Jun 2, 2010.

1. Wish they open a store soon in Chennai ..

Ajit
  2. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    It is available in ebay.in for Rs 1899 inclusive of shipping.
    1 person likes this.
  3. Thanks Ravi Sir for the link ...

I always feel that Blore is having much more options than Chennai for genuine car accessories .

Ajit
  4. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai
    This is available at our local tyre shop Ajit. Let me know if you need one.

Sent from my LT15i using Tapatalk
  5. Sure Suresh ..

I was saying in general .. For example if we need to put good leather seats Blore is the best option .. Yeah .. will call you today .. Need a suggestion .

Ajit
  6. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    I tried to repair the punctured tyre myself, but in vain. I closely examined the tyre surface for any nails, but there was none. However, I removed two small bits of metallic pieces which got stuck to the tyre surface superficially. Then I poured water on the tyre surface to check for leaking air. But, there was none. So, today, I drove to the neighbourhood puncturewalla. He pressurised the tyre first to more than 50 psi and used soap water to check for air leakage. Then, he identified the leakage spot as where the alloy rim grips the tyre beads. Tiny air bubbles were seen coming out of the tyre. He deflated the tyre. When the tyre beads went down, a small white sticker was seen pasted on the surface. He removed that culprit sticker, inflated the tyre and checked it again using the soap water. Wow. No leakage of air.:) Got it inflated to 45 psi and put it in the spare wheel well. I paid Rs 30 for labour charges. How that damn sticker had come at that sensitive spot and why there was no air leakage earlier..these were million-dollar questions, for which I really don't know the answer.
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2012
  7. nbvcrao

nbvcrao Amatore

Guntur
    Mr.Ravi,

Thanks for the update of the jack in pics.. Quite informative. I would definitely go in for one. As for the bolt which broke, how did you manage to remove the broken bit.. ..!!

How about exclusive thread on long drives made. Your detailed reviews are of great help to all TFIans planning for long drives.

I get tempted to go in for Linea whenever I read your reviews and view the pics. I control my desire and temptation waiting for 1.6 mjd with a hope that it would be launched.
    1 person likes this.
  8. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    Thanks for the compliments, nbvcrao.
    There was no broken bolt. Which one are you referring to?
    The next mega trip is still in planning stage. I shall post the details after completing it!:)
    I don't think 1.6 MJD figures in FIAT India's business plan.
  9. nbvcrao

nbvcrao Amatore

Guntur
    Mr. Ravi,

Oops.. Mistook the mentioning of Jack going kaput for the "bolt". Sorry for that..
    1 person likes this.
  10. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    Just a few minutes ago, my Linea had her Blue&Me updated from v 5.5 to v 5.6 although I don't find any difference yet.:)
    Image0083.jpg