1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

MY FABULOUS FIAT LINEA

Discussion in 'Linea 1.4 Fire' started by J Ravi, Jun 2, 2010.

1. BoseSuman

BoseSuman Superiore

Midnapur (W.B) & Hyderabad (A.P) India.
    Linea 1.3
    Hi Vj_V1,

Hyd to Midnapore:- Sep 30- 1st Oct 2011, Midnapore>Hyderabad:- Dec 5 & 6th 2011.

Hyd- Midnapore:- Started Hyd:- Sep 30:- Miyapur Flat:- 4 A.M RFC-5:00A.M ( tea time- 15 minutes) Suryapet:-8:00A.M ( breakfast-30 minutes), Vijaywada:- 10:00 A.M, Rajhamundri 12:30 P.M ( Lunch for 45 minutes and left at 1:30 P.M), Vizag:- 4:00 P.M, due to Jam & tea break we left Vizag at 5:15 P.M. 7:30:- Berhampur. 10:00 P.M:- Bhubaneswar ( nightstay there). due to 30 Km diversion on Rambha almost 1 hr it took to cross. Oct 1:- left Bhubaneswar 8:30 A.M, Left Cuttack at 9:30 A.M after breakfast reached Kharagpur 12:30 P.M and reached home around 1:15 P.M.

Except 30 km stretch of Rambha road from Vijayawada to Kharagpur is butter smooth (My driver drove it constantly 140-150 on his turn, BBSR>KGP he did 160 I was like :eek:, I did 120-130 on my turn and touched max 140 for 5 minutes)
    While returning My cousin came with me, as He never drove his car over 100Kmph we called him very consistent driver. He drove at 130-140 while returning. we started from home 8:00 A.M and reached Vizag 7:30 P.M ( 1 Hrs spent our relative home after jaleswar and started from 10:30 A.M). Next day started at 7:30 A.M from Vizag and reached Miyapur Flat at 6:30 P.M.

Whole journey was very enjoyable and NH9 from HYD<>Vijayawada is now in good condition & lots of stretch open now for one way traffic.
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  2. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    Not sure about Hyd-Vijaywada but Bangalore-Kolkata is part of the Golden Quadrilateral which is almost complete barring some stretches which are not more than 30-40 kms.
    Have a look at these:
    Welcome to NHAI
    Welcome to NHAI
    This is a government site with data updated as on 30th Nov 2011. The information in it is almost accurate, but i would not say its hundred % correct.
    For example it says the incomplete section of the entire GQ is 16 kms but what I found during my recent trip on this route is that it was minimum 35-40 kms only on NH5.
    Rest of the roads were like butter barring some intermittent portions between rajmundry and chennai where road maintenance/flyover construction work was going on. these sections would add up to some 150-200 kms.
    This information is as per 3rd-4th Dec 2011.
    1 person likes this.
  3. vj_v1

vj_v1 Superiore

Hyderabad
    Thanks for the details Bosesuman, I was worried i would not be able to reach Bhuvaneshwar before midnight and hence dropped the plan. (People were telling me roads are crappy in orissa and There is naxal scare after midnight). My mistake that i didn't do enough planning since it was a sudden decision to go by road.

I started from Hyd (L.B nagar) at 6 Am and reached VZG by 4:15AM. As you already mentioned HYD to VJA was Ok but not exceptional (due to all the expansion going on). VJA to VZG was awesome.

I looked for a driver in Vizag since people told me the roads are pretty bad and the drivers were telling about the naxal scare. Although i was not very much worried about the naxal scare, it was difficult for me to drive beyond midnight to reach bhuvaneshwar since i was already driving for 10 hrs in a stretch. Had to reach Kol by next afternoon so took the train. The train journey was so frustrating that i had to take a flight back to VZG. So much for the road trip.

I would have easily driven to Bhuvaneshwar if i knew the road status and that it was possible to reach by 10PM. Stay there overnight and start for Kol next morning.

Shams - Yeah i heard about the quadrilateral you are mentioning, the shortest and the best route to vizag from Bangalore is through Hyderabad. But people were telling me the Orissa part was not in good shape yet.
  4. N Kiran

N Kiran Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    My recent road trip was from Hyderabad > Vijayawada > Annavaram and back. I did Annavaram to Vijayawada (around 280kms) in around 3 hrs. And from Vijayawada to home (also around 280kms) in 5hrs. I am in love with the Vijayawada - Vizag route. Will definitely plan another road trip to Vizag soon.
    1 person likes this.
  5. BoseSuman

BoseSuman Superiore

Midnapur (W.B) & Hyderabad (A.P) India.
    Linea 1.3

Thnaks Vj_V1.
    If you want to reach Kolkata by 24 hrs, you can hire a Driver & both will able to drive within 24-26 hrs. while returning My cousin & myself drove 2-3 hrs each one by one so both of us got rest enough & easily able to drive.
  6. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    Today, my Linea visited Concorde Motors, Mysore Road and got repaired FOC the faulty rear left window winder switch which got disconnected. The SA removed the switch, pulled back the wire, connected it to the switch, refitted the switch in its place and it worked.

The SA was aware of GC upgrade kit for Linea/Punto being discussed in FB. He said there were a lot of serious enquiries but they are yet to get official instructions from FIAT India regarding the modalities to be followed.
    2 people like this.
  7. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    Bangalore>Chennai>Pondy>Bangalore trip in 2 days

I drove in my Linea for about 1000+ km in two days comprising Bangalore>Chennai>Pondicherry>Tindivanam>Vikravand i>Tindivanam>Bangalore.
    DSC05711.jpg
    Left my Bangalore [Basaveswara Nagar] home on Saturday at 11:25 pm and reached Chennai [Royapettah] home on Sunday at 4:45 am. Took rest, finished my works and stayed there.

We left Chennai home on Sunday at 3:10 am and reached Pondicherry at 5:10 am. Attended a marriage, visited Manakula Vinayakar temple, filled petrol at Ashram BP pump, had lunch at the marriage hall and reached Tindivanam. We left Tindivanam at 3:30 pm yesterday after completing my work there and reached Bangalore home by 10:30 pm with one hour break as BP COCO Ghar Dhaba A2B, Chinnar near Krishnagiri .
    DSC05712.jpg
    DSC05713.jpg
    DSC05714.jpg
    Petrol cost Rs 64.25 at Ashram BP pump at Pondicherry and Rs 69.94 at BP COCO pump at Chinnar.

Road-widening works from 4 lanes to 6 are in progress on Hosur-Krishnagiri-Ranipet section on NH 7/46. There is no shoulder available in these sections as they are barricaded making driving in those sections very scary.
    2 people like this.
  8. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    My Linea Gets Hydraulic Jack

Today, I bought a 2 T trolley type hydraulic jack for my Linea costing Rs 1816.65 from Reliance Autozone near my home, thanks to FIAT India.

Today morning, I noticed that my Linea's rear left tyre had a puncture as it had a pressure of 16 psi during my routine tyre-pressure checking at my home. I then loosened its wheel bolts and tried to jack up my Linea, but in vain. The jack won't budge. I tried rotating it clock-wise and anti-clockwise for more than 15 minutes each. I repeated the exercise after lubricating it. It then dawned on me that my Linea's OE made-in-Brazil screw jack went kaput due to worn out threads.:A I had used it only once during December 2010 at Jodhpur when my Linea had her first puncture. After that, today only, I opened it only to see that it kicked the bucket on the very same day when it worked for the first and last time! Then, I tightened the wheel bolts, applied 36 psi pressure on that wheel using my Linea's portable compressor, drove to Reliance Autozone and bought this new hydraulic jack. This is the first time I am experiencing the OE screw jack going kaput after working only once. Maybe FIAT cars are built like tanks, but not their OE screw jack.
    DSC05737.JPG
    DSC05739.jpg

DSC05741.jpg
    DSC05742.JPG
    DSC05744.jpg
    From the past two years, I wanted to take this, but kept on postponing it. Before buying, I noted the prices quoted in ebay.in [Rs 1899 and above]. When I saw this price, I bought it immediately from Reliance Autozone. Tomorrow, I shall fit the spare wheel using the new jack and repair the puncture.
    1 person likes this.
  9. nbvcrao

nbvcrao Amatore

Guntur
    Mr. Ravi, Await your report on the new floor trolley.
    Hope the "bangalore chennai pondy bangalore" trip added one more to the list of your pleasurable motoring moments. Missing the snaps..
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  10. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    Here it is.
    I had been to Pondy to attend a marriage and Tindivanam on a personal work. So, no time for photographs!

Today, I replaced the punctured wheel of my Linea with the spare alloy wheel using the new hydraulic jack.
    Image0071.jpg
    Effort required to jack up my Linea was one-tenth of that of OE screw jack. Stability of the jacked up Linea was ten times more than that of old screw jack due to bigger base. After turning the pressure valve in clock-wise direction, I could easily hand-operate the hydraulic jack using the rod in up-and-down movement for raising my Linea.:)
    Image0072.jpg
    For lowering it, I had to turn the valve in the opposite direction to release the pressure and my Linea came down suddenly!
    4 people like this.