1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

MY FABULOUS FIAT LINEA

Discussion in 'Linea 1.4 Fire' started by J Ravi, Jun 2, 2010.

1. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    Here are the contents of the car safety kit:
    DSC05660.jpg
    5 people like this.
  2. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    Bangalore>Mysore>Bangalore

Yesterday, my Linea did Bangalore>Mysore>Bangalore as my grand daughter wanted to see Mysore zoo and Palace.
    Image0064.jpg
    We left our Basaveswara Nagar home by 8:30 am, breakfasted at Kadambam on Bangalore-Mysore SH 17, visited Mysore zoo, lunched at Dasaprakash, Gandhi Square, visited Palace, enjoyed the coffee at Adiga's near Maddur and reached home by 9 pm.
    Image0066.jpg
    Image0067.jpg
    The major irritant on SH 17 was the numerous speed-breakers aka humps, bumps, which grow at a rapid pace. Add the dense traffic, my Linea's FE goes for a toss.:(
    Image0065.jpg
    My Linea had tankful of petrol costing Rs 73.50/litre at the newly opened Shell outlet at Kengeri Satellite Town ORR and got a surprise present of Sonax windshield shampoo concentrate.:)
    Image0069.jpg
    Last edited: Jan 3, 2012
  3. BoseSuman

BoseSuman Superiore

Midnapur (W.B) & Hyderabad (A.P) India.
    Linea 1.3
    Just awesome,looking fabulous Ravi Ji. I am always looking for your post in both forum team fiat & team bhp. Your ladakh trip is awesome, hats off to you.
    Inspired by you I also did short trip from Hyderabad to Midnapore ( home town) & return through NH9 & NH6 -total 3100 km.
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  4. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    Thanks, BoseSuman, for the compliments.
    Oh, that's good lot of a trip! I am also toying with the idea of exploring eastern and NE states in this year in my Linea.
  5. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    Ravi sir,
    Your shining Linea is shining even more with ORVMs. Congrats.
    1 person likes this.
  6. Sambikap

Sambikap Amatore

Good one, Sir! My in-laws place is in Besagrahalli - after Maddur there is a deviation and about 15kms! And, I agree its heavely traffic during the weekend - my MJD FE gets hit too!
    1 person likes this.
  7. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    Thanks a lot for the compliments, sungoa2010.
    Most of the inverted U-type humps are got done by the villagers as they feel insecure due to speeding vehicles and high volume of traffic. The ones constructed by KRDCL - who are in-charge of maintenance of SH 17 - are done scientifically with proper up and down ramps.
  8. BoseSuman

BoseSuman Superiore

Midnapur (W.B) & Hyderabad (A.P) India.
    Linea 1.3
    Inspired by you I also did short trip from Hyderabad to Midnapore ( home town) & return through NH9 & NH6 -total 3100 km.

Corrected:- its NH5 not NH6. I had to follow NH5 after Vijayawada. Its a gem of GQ section ( except 30 km near about Rambha).

For your Eastern trip you can easily travel through NH5 ( butter smooth road), From Baleswar- NH60 till Kharagpur, NH6- from Kharagpur to Kolkata, NH34- from Kolkata to Siliguri. Bangalore to Kolkata- Butter smooth road.
    1 person likes this.
  9. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    Thanks for the information. I shall get in touch with you during my detailed planning of the trip.
  10. vj_v1

vj_v1 Superiore

Hyderabad

Hello Bosesuman,

When did you do Hyderabad <<>> Kolkata. I started driving towards kolkata last month, but people informed me that Vizag to Kolkata roads are really bad.(Especially in Orissa). So i dropped off my punto at Vizag and used other modes of transport since i was in a hurry.

Can you please clarify the status of Orissa roads (although you sounded like they were really good from your previous post). I'd want to do Kolkata again sometime just to beat the dissapointment i had last time.

Ravi Sir, sorry for hijacking your thread.
    1 person likes this.