1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

MY FABULOUS FIAT LINEA

Discussion in 'Linea 1.4 Fire' started by J Ravi, Jun 2, 2010.

1. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Belated wishes to your Linea Ravi sir.

One question. If you knew you'll be doing all those long trips, why not the Linea 1.3MJD instead? In 35000Kms, you would have saved anywhere between 70000-80000 so initial cost would have been recovered in these 2 years itself.
    PLUS, Linea MJD tankful costs around 1500 IIRC and DTE with a tankful diesel shows around 800-1000Km as compared to 500-600 in the Linea 1.4 FIRE so those on longer journeys can enjoy extra Kms without the need for a refuel.
  2. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    Thanks, YB. My average usage was around 10 k km per year with my previous vehicles MS Omni/Versa. So, I naturally preferred 1.4 FIRE. But, I never anticipated that my usage would jump to 18 k km per year after I bought my Linea!:D Secondly, my budget didn't allow me to go in for 1.3 MJD at that time.
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2011
  3. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    My Linea had undergone therapeutic treatment at Sai Colorium including tinkering, body work, repainting and polishing. Details are here.
  4. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    Fourth Paid Servicing At Concorde Motors, Mysore Road, Bangalore

Yesterday [19 October 2011], my Linea had her fourth paid servicing done at Concorde Motors, Mysore Road, Bangalore at 35,432 km after two years of purchase. The following were replaced: engine oil, oil/air/fuel/wire-mesh filters, transmission oil, power steering oil, brake fluid, 4 spark plugs, coolant, front brake pad set, rear right brake lamp bulb plus servicing, brake overhauling and general check-up. I handed over my Linea to the service advisor at 9:45 am and got her back by 5 pm. I paid Rs 11,010 - amount well-spent considering my Linea took us to Khardung La and back safely.:up
    DSC05483.jpg
    DSC05484.jpg
    DSC05485.jpg

As usual, I gave 10 out of 10 in the instant feed-back form given to me by the service advisor as I was fully satisfied with the work done by Concorde Motors, Mysore Road, Bangalore.:)

Now, my Linea is ready for the next marathon trip!:D

Here are the links to my posts on the previous services of my Linea:

Third Free Servicing

Second Free Servicing

First Free Servicing
    Last edited: Oct 20, 2011
  5. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    My Linea Gets New Chrome Mirror Covers

Today, I received a registered parcel from Partsworld-UK containing a pair of chrome mirror covers for my Linea. I paid Rs 4565.90 [GBP 57.44] from my PayPal account on 13 October 2011. Perhaps, a belated present to my Linea on her second birthday!;) I used a discount coupon code of FF010, thanks to FIATforum.com. I had bought a key chain with FIAT logo and Blue&Me adopter from the same seller earlier. I am fully satisfied with this seller.:up
    DSC05490.jpg
    DSC05492.jpg
    DSC05495.jpg
    DSC05499.jpg
    DSC05500.jpg
    DSC05502.jpg
    DSC05503.jpg
    DSC05504.jpg
    DSC05507.jpg
    DSC05508.jpg
    DSC05510.jpg
    DSC05515.jpg
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2011
    5 people like this.
  6. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Wow, very nice.
  7. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    wow is the only word to describe this beauty. Those chrome mirror looks very elegant...hats off Ravi sir
  8. FastLove

FastLove Superiore

Mumbai
    Linea 1.4
    The chrome mirror covers - awesome!

Too tempting ;)

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk
  9. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    Thanks a lot, Ravi, kedarbendre and FastLove, for the compliments and appreciation.
  10. the chrome mirror looks awesome...

but ravi sir extra caution to be taken when going through narrow roads when you are giving side to an oncoming vehicle... 100% chance of getting it scratched.