1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

MY FABULOUS FIAT LINEA

Discussion in 'Linea 1.4 Fire' started by J Ravi, Jun 2, 2010.

1. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    Thanks, sungoa, for the compliment. Regarding your query, I shall observe during my next highway drive and post the exact rpm.
  2. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    Another Bangalore-Chennai-Bangalore Trip

My Linea drove to and fro Chennai on 9/10 August 2011. Spirited driving. 5 people on board. ACC @ 20 deg C through out the trip. Encountered with heavy rain after Krishnagiri during the return journey.
    DSC04235.JPG DSC04232.JPG
  3. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    My Linea Visits Temples, Churches, Falls And Beaches

My Linea visited some temples, churches, water falls, memorials and beaches during 18-22 August 2011.

I drove in my Linea on this route accompanied by my wife: Bangalore>Chennai>Pondy>Velankanni>Sikkal>Pillayarpatti>Madurai>SriVilliputtur>Kuttralam>Kanniyakumari>Suchindram>Bangalore

The following places were visited:

1. Manakkula Vinayakar temple, Pondicherry

2. Velankanni churches, Velankanni

3. Sikkal Singaravelan temple, Sikkal

4. Karpaga Vinayakar temple, Pillayarpatti

5. Meenakshi Amman temple, Madurai

6. Andal [Nachchiyar] temple, Sri Villiputtur

7. Main Falls & Five Falls, Kuttralam

8. Vivekananda Rock Memorial, Kanniyakumari

9. Thiruvalluvar statue, Kanniyakumari

10. Kanniyakumari Amman temple, Kanniyakumari

11. Gandhi Bhavan, Kanniyakumari

12. The Wandering Monk photographic exhibition, Kanniyakumari

13. Thanumalayan [Shiva-Vishnu-Brahma] temple, Suchindram

There was a heavy downpour in Chennai on 18 August 2011 night. I successfully drove my Linea in knee-deep water at the junction of Anna Salai and General Patters Road, which was a thrilling experience both for me and my Linea. I saw some stranded auto-rickshaws and motorcycles in knee-deep water. But, after that thrill, my Linea started displaying this message:
    DSC04383.JPG DSC04382.JPG
    But, I continued with my trip notwithstanding the repeated warnings as I found my Linea perfectly alright. My Linea will be going to Concorde Motors tomorrow for check up.

Here are some photographs clicked in Velankanni:
    DSC04263.JPG DSC04270.jpg
    DSC04271.JPG DSC04274.JPG
    DSC04275.JPG DSC04276.JPG
    More photographs to follow.
  4. Pran

Pran Superiore

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    That was a very nice south Indian pilgrimage.
    I hope the warning will be off by tomorrow, it might be some water entering the electronics which should be dry by sunrise.
  5. Raj21

Raj21 Novizio

Secunderabad
    Hi Ravi,
    You do some great trips ! I remember reading warnings by some linea'ers that water high enough can conk out some sensors. Please let us know how it goes with the ASS. Keep on traveling !
  6. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    Thanks, Pran. My Linea completed her pilgrimage with the repeated warnings for four days!
    Thanks, Raj21. On that dreadful night at Chennai, when it rained cats and dogs, I found some Octavia, Santro, Indigo and Indica wading through knee-deep waters along with me. It was a Catch 22 situation. There was a huge traffic jam on the one-way General Patters Road. There was no question of going back. I had to move forward in the first gear with half-clutch and high-rpm to prevent my Linea getting stalled in the middle of water pool. I am keeping my fingers crossed!
  7. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    ravi sir sorry to be offtopic. As per my observation you travel a lot & enjoy your Lineas Ride. Hats off to you sir & nice photos.

One more question as you travel a lot why didnt you buy Diesel Linea or you are a Petrol cars fan.
  8. Tron

Tron Superiore

Mumbai
    @Ravi sir, im speechless!! So many great trips you have done till today! I must say you are spending real good time with your Linea. I whish i could spend such time with my Linea rather than just keeping her stuck in mumbai's bumper to bumper traffic! Keep roming sir, happy motoring!
  9. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    Just a few minutes back, I returned from Concorde Motors, Mysore Road, after getting the fault rectified FOC. The SA informed me that my Linea was connected to FIAT Examiner and analysed. It seemed that water entered the Lambda sensor coupler near the catalytic converter, and hence, showing the warning 'Check Engine'. He further stated that warning sign would continue to show until the moisture was cleaned. So, the coupler was removed, cleaned and refitted. Now, the warning sign has gone!:) I was not charged for this work, thanks to Concorde Motors.
    Thanks, kedarbendre. I opted for 1.4 FIRE petrol version as 1.3 MJD was costlier by Rs 1.5 lakhs, which was beyond my budget. Having said that, my annual usage has tremendously increased after I bought my Linea!:D
    Thanks a lot, Tron, for the compliments.
  10. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    From Velankanni, we went to Sikkal. Sikkal Singaravelan temple opened just in time in the evening at 4:30 pm. After darshan, we proceeded to Pillayarpatti. NH 67 was good. Thanjavur bypass was excellent 4-lane road. However, NH 226 from Thanjavur to Pudukottai had many bad stretches with full of pot holes and craters.

From Pillayarpatti, we reached Madurai and halted at Neww [no typo, official spelling!] College House Hotel at 10:00 pm. We had our night dinner at Sabari, a nearby eatery, located diagonally opposite to our lodge. The food was excellent at very affordable price. But, it was crowded always. We breakfasted and lunched there only until we left Madurai after darshan at Meenakshi Amman temple.

From Madurai, we came to SriVilliputtur, worshiped at Andal [Naachiar] temple and continued our journey to Kuttralam on butter-smooth NH 208. We checked into Saaral Resorts [very bad decision-not recommended] by 7 pm. We walked to the Main Falls and bathed. All my driving fatigue vanished immediately. It was a total bliss while bathing in Kuttralam falls! We returned after having our dinner at an Udupi eatery and called it a day. Next day early morning, we drove to Five Falls, bathed, breakfasted at Narayanan mess located near the entrance of Kuttraleeswarar temple, checked out and proceeded to Kanniyakumari.

We checked in to Vivekanandapuram of Vivekananda Kendra at 12:30 pm in a non-AC double room costing Rs 262.50 [inclusive of all taxes]. The room [sans TV, telephone, newspaper, room service] was clean and adequate for us. We lunched at in-house eatery called Gowri Shankar. The meal comprising 4 chappatis, side dishes, unlimited rice, rasam, papad and butter milk cost just Rs 37 each. After a siesta, we drove and parked my Linea at TTDC car parking and completed the ferry trip to Vivekananda Rock Memorial, Thiruvalluvar statue, Kanniyakumari Amman temple, Gandhi Bhavan, stroll in the beach, Wandering Monk photographic exhibition, returned to our place of stay, dined and had a well-earned sleep. Next day early morning, we walked to the sun rise point in Vivekanandapuram, but could not watch the sun rise thanks to clouds. While walking back, we saw peacocks roaming around. After breakfast, we drove to Suchindram temple, then continued our home-bound journey. We reached home, sweet home by 8:00 pm.

Here are some photographs clicked in Kanniyakumari.
    DSC04293.JPG DSC04366.JPG DSC04365.JPG DSC04364.JPG DSC04363.JPG DSC04353.JPG DSC04335.JPG DSC04325.JPG DSC04322.JPG DSC04320.JPG DSC04316.JPG DSC04315.JPG DSC04304.JPG DSC04295.JPG DSC04372.JPG
    More in the queue.