1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

MY FABULOUS FIAT LINEA

Discussion in 'Linea 1.4 Fire' started by J Ravi, Jun 2, 2010.

1. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    Thanks a lot for the compliments, grey_hound.
  2. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    My Linea Had Third Free Servicing Done Today

* Today, my Linea had her third free servicing done at Concorde Motors, Mysore Road, Bangalore. This time, I have given 10 out of 10 in the initial feedback form given to me as there was no excuse to deduct rating. :)

* I found a total change in the approach of Concorde Motors. They are taking our feedback really serious. As soon I reported there in my Linea, the SA greeted me and showed me the feedback given by me in November 2010 during the second free service. He explained to me the about reasons for the delay caused for washing.

* Concorde Motors/Tata Motors are also following our ownership threads in various automobile fora. The SA referred to my photographs taken during AC upgradation [which were taken with their permission only] published in my Linea ownership threads in various fora and requested me not to take photographs within the service centre as the service team was directed to follow the rules. I assured him that was a special occasion and no more photographs.

* I insisted on 4-litre can of Selania K engine oil instead of loose oil, but it was not available in cans. Only loose engine oil was available. So, I told the SA to go ahead and settled down at the customer lounge browsing through today's newspapers. Later, the SA came and requested me to witness the oil change as I did last time. I was hesitant, but he encouraged me to go to the service bay and watch the engine oil replacement, which I did.

* The mechanic and SA confirmed that the brake pads would last for another 10,000 km and nothing to worry.

* Here are the details of word done and consumables/parts replaced:
    DSC04090.jpg

* The SA and self went for a trial drive and I found my Linea better. Later, my Linea was sent for wash. It was ready by 2:30 pm. I paid the bill, completed the initial feedback form, thanked the service team [Somu and Chetan] and drove out in my Linea at 2:50 pm.

* I am fully satisfied with the servicing rendered by Concorde Motors, Mysore Road, Bangalore.:up
    Last edited: Jun 23, 2011
  3. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Great to see you update your ownership thread so regularly.
  4. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    Thanks, Ravi, for kind appreciation.
  5. rajesh karia

rajesh karia Amatore

Mumbai
    Hi Ravi,

I just saw your smart no. plates, i too have ordered 1 for my Linea, but the plastic frame which you have installed their is some confusion :???:, the shop person told me that such frame only comes in chinese make & have small light fitted inside the rim, is yours the same or some local brand ?

btw the N. Plate cost me 850/-, will install it today,
    & frame he is asking 700-800 for the chinese, which i will have to check cause i dont want one with the lights.
  6. jishnu

jishnu Superiore

Bangalore
    I;ve a bitter experience in that workshop :(
  7. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    I Returned Black&Decker Pressure Washer

Today, I returned the Black&Decker Pressure Washer back to Metro as I was not satisfied with the product. It involved a lot of pressure [both literally and metaphorically] to work with. Added to that, the customer care is lousy. I was asking for a demo at my home, but even after a week, nobody came forward in spite of a lot of phone calls. Email that I had sent to the address mentioned in the warranty card bounced. Very pathetic state of affairs.:mad: My Linea is comfortable with the pressure wash from our home borewell pump.:)I have got Metro credit voucher for equivalent value which will expire in one year.
    DSC04101.jpg
  8. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    My Linea Gets VIAIR 85P Portable Compressor From Amazon

Yesterday, I received VIAIR 85P Portable Compressor for my Linea.
    DSC04102.jpg DSC04104.jpg
    DSC04103.jpg DSC04105.jpg
    Today, I tested it on my Suzuki Fiero motorcycle as the air pressure in my Linea was intact. The rear wheel of my Fiero was around 22 psi initially, which I wanted to inflate to 32 psi. I connected the portable compressor in my Linea's cigarette lighter point, connected the rear wheel mouth with the nozzle, started the engine, switched on the compressor, within about 10 seconds or so, it was up to 32 psi.
    DSC04106.jpg DSC04107.jpg
    DSC04108.jpg
    I checked the pressure with my solar-powered tyre pressure gauge. It showed 33 psi.
    DSC04109.jpg
    Robust build. Very less sound. No air leakage. Quick air fill. Accurate pressure gauge. I am fully satisfied with VIAIR 85P Portable Compressor.:up
    Last edited: Jun 25, 2011
    2 people like this.
  9. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    That's a good buy.

I think this should prove reliable and robust. However , during your coming sojourn to the North , i reckon you should carry the foot operated pump. Can't beat it on reliability & simplicity - it reduces the number of things which can go bad when they are needed the most.

Gurjinder.
  10. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    Thanks, Gurjinder. VIAIR 85P Portable Compressor has already taken refuge in my Linea's boot, giving company to the spare wheel, tools, engine oil, coolant, umbrellas, etc. I do have a foot-pump, but, it's pain in the neck [apart from leg!] to operate, especially for Linea's tyres!:)
    Last edited: Jun 25, 2011