1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

MY FABULOUS FIAT LINEA

Discussion in 'Linea 1.4 Fire' started by J Ravi, Jun 2, 2010.

1. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    Thanks, Gurjinder. Yes, I love Ashoka Chakra much more than Utsav logo. :)
  2. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    My Linea Gets Black&Decker PW1570TD High Pressure Washer

Today, I bought Black&Decker high pressure washer PW1570TD with angular nozzle and brush for Rs 6499 as against total MRP of Rs 10,069 at Metro, Yeshwantpur, Bangalore, to keep my Linea clean. I was shown demo of both Bosch Aquatak100 and Black&Decker PW1570TD. I decided in favour of the latter in view of its economical pricing [Rs 6499 vs 6990], provision of wheels at the base to facilitate movement [no wheels in Bosch Aquatak], higher pressure [120 bars vis-a-vis 100 bars], more cable length [5 m as against 3.5 m], etc. Metro says there is free trial period of 7 days, and if I am not satisfied, I can return it and get back refund/credit voucher/replacement. I was suggested to get the warranty card stamped during my next visit after expiry of 7 days free trial period. Here are some photographs:
    DSC04053.jpg DSC04055.jpg
    DSC04054.jpg DSC04056.jpg
    Last edited: Jun 18, 2011
  3. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Awesome. No need to go to the washing place now. The under the fender area / under body area are the ones which desperately need such a gizmo at home. The angular nozzle will help a great deal here. Not to forget the condenser/intercooler.

Sir , i'd suggest getting a steam cleaner for the engine bay next! :)

Gurjinder.
  4. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    Thanks, Gurjinder, for giving me a new idea!:)
  5. karan desai

karan desai Superiore

Morbi, Gujrat
    great buy. washing will be more satisfying now.
  6. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    Yes, karan desai. All along, I was unable to wash the underbelly, mudguards of my Linea to my satisfaction. Now, I can do it.
  7. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    Bangalore-Pondy-Bangalore In Less Than 18 Hours

I did another Bangalore-Pondicherry-Bangalore quickie in less than 18 hours on 21/22 June 2011.

Self and wife left my Basaveswaranagar home by 9:50 am on 21 June 2011.
    DSC04061.JPG

I took Bangalore>Krishnagiri>Arcot>Cheyyar>Vandavasi>Tindivanam>Pondy route on NH7/46/MDR/SH5/NH66. We lunched at BP Ghar Dhaba A2B and continued our journey. The toll plazas at Krishnagiri, Vaniyambadi and Pallikonda have started collecting the old tolls due to court stay order on the new enhanced tolls.
    Toll.jpg

SH 5 was decent with a blend of very good, good, not-so-good and bad stretches, but driveable. The advantage is very less vehicular traffic. The disadvantages are drive through Vandavasi and Tindivanam market areas and no decent eateries en route. At Tindivanam, the bypass road to NH 45/66 was closed due to construction of bridge over railway line. They have erected a sign board on NH 45 announcing 'Road Closed' but not on SH 5. So, I went up to the bridge construction site and took another village road to reach Tindivanam and crossed through the existing flyover after wading through the busy market area.:irked
    DSC04064.jpg DSC04066.jpg

My Linea's MID was showing external temperature at 40 deg C from Vellore that continued up to Tindivanam.

We reached Navarkulam, Pondy, at 5:30 pm, visited our relatives, freshened up, had coffee there, later had a darshan at Manakula Vinayakar temple, filled up my Linea's tank with petrol [costs Rs 61.49/litre] at the Ashram BP pump, attended and dined at a marriage reception at Ananda Kalyana Mandapam, left at 8:35 pm and reached home, sweet home, at 3:20 am today after a hectic trip of 797.8 km. I had a FE of 16.1 kmpl for inter and intra city driving with ACC set at 20 deg C and sedate driving at 80-90 kmph on NH/MDR/SH.
    DSC04071.JPG DSC04072.JPG
    DSC04073.JPG DSC04074.JPG
    DSC04075.JPG
    1 person likes this.
  8. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Ravi sir good to see such a fantastic FE for Petrol Linea.
  9. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    Yes, agreed. But, the catch is I have to do sedate driving @ 80-90 kmph. If I do spirited driving @ 100+ kmph, FE would fall down to 13+ kmpl!
  10. grey_hound

grey_hound Amatore

Pune
    +1 to Sedate driving - It is always good for all practical purposes, there are hardly any roads where you can go into the spirited mode. If you do find a stretch the spirit dies down eventually. Might as well drive with full satisfaction and at ease at 80-90 - gets the best value out of the car as well.

Excellent Posts and Excellent Updates :)

Cheers,