1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

MY FABULOUS FIAT LINEA

Discussion in 'Linea 1.4 Fire' started by J Ravi, Jun 2, 2010.

1. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Ravi sir nice photos. I liked last photos.

Who owns Black Punto
  2. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    Thanks, kedarbendre, for the compliments. shams owns the black Punto.
    Last edited: Jun 13, 2011
  3. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    My Linea is getting more gadgets!

<html>
    <body>
    My Linea is getting new gadgets!:)

Today, I received <a href="http://cgi.ebay.in/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220794752896#ht_4071wt_1135" target="_blank">solar-powered digital tyre pressure gauge</a> and <a href="http://www.dealextreme.com/p/ultrafire-kh-t60-ha-ii-xm-lt60-5-mode-1200-lumen-white-led-flashlight-1-x-18650-57006" target="_blank">white LED flashlight</a> for my Linea.

<a href="http://www.amazon.com/VIAIR-85P-Portable-Air-Compressor/dp/B0036E9VB6/ref=pd_1" target="_blank">Portable air compressor</a> is in transit.

My Linea is getting physically fit to take us to a mammoth 8 k long trip in a couple of months from now!

</body>
    </html>
  4. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Sir, i'd suggest putting in a good quality fully synthetic engine oil when you get the car serviced before setting off for the trip. Since you intend to do 800+kms in a day at times, i won't trust the Selenia to keep up with the rigours of the travel.

Gurjinder.
  5. kvk

kvk Amatore

Bangalore
    This is little bit scary.. isn't the oil supposed to handle such rigours?
  6. gurjinder

Punjab
    Off topic

It should do just fine. Don't worry.

Its just that me being me, im not satisfied until i have the best oil running in the engine. Even my Bullet with its age old engine is running Motul Semi Synthetic ( next oil change is to Motul fully synthetic) . :p

Gurjinder.
  7. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    Thanks, Gurjinder. But, Selenia K withstood without any issues rigours of 6600 km long mega trip in last November/December spanning across 7 states!:)
  8. kvk

kvk Amatore

Bangalore
    ok.. i understand what you meant in your previous post now :)
  9. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    My Fabulous Fiat Linea Adorns Smart Number Plates

Today morning, I personally visited N K Impex located near Rajeshwari theatre and Family Mall off Old Airport Road, Bangalore and bought embossed smart registration number plates for my FIAT Linea. A set of two embossed plates costs Rs 850 and a set of two plastic frame costs Rs 500. I paid Rs 1350 for both. I preferred the frames which circumvent drilling holes on the plates, and hence, they look cute.
    DSC04037.jpg
    Mr Raja Shankar of N K Impex, whose MS SX4 wears the smart number plates embedded in the plastic frames, informed me that the plastic frames are imported from China. He showed me their plates and the fake ones. I could easily make out the difference in quality between the original and the fakes. The hologram on the top left corner of the plate depicts Ashoka Chakra instead of Utsav logo.

An hour back, I completed the job of fixing the frames first, followed by the plates, on my Linea. Originally, my Linea had her plates fixed with four screws on each plate. However, I found that the slots on the frame match with two screw-holes only. So, I drilled two more matching holes on each frame to enable fixing the frame with four screws. Here are some pics:
    DSC04044.jpg DSC04043.jpg
    DSC04046.jpg DSC04051.jpg
    My Linea's old acrylic number plates...taking shelter in the attic!
    DSC04039.jpg DSC04048.JPG
    Last edited: Jun 16, 2011
  10. gurjinder

Punjab
    Good you went for the frames sir.

The Ashok Chakra looks much smarter and exudes an aura. I ordered a set from Utsav and got a Utsav sticker where this hologram should have been. :-?

Here's a pic.

Gurjinder.
    Last edited: Jun 16, 2011