1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

MY FABULOUS FIAT LINEA

Discussion in 'Linea 1.4 Fire' started by J Ravi, Jun 2, 2010.

1. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    QUIRKY ECODRIVE

I am facing a peculiar problem in EcoDrive. Everything is okay, but for the display/voice announcement of 'Update started - Update completed - Remove the USB device" while updating the new journey data in the USB drive. Earlier, I had two USB drives one each for EcoDrive exclusively and the other for music/songs. As I wanted the EcoDrive USB drive for some other purpose, I copied the contents into the other USB drive that contained music and songs, as it won't conflict with EcoDrive as per FAQ information. But, I found that there were no display/announcement when I inserted it after completion of a journey. I checked it with my laptop too, there were no new journey records of EcoDrive available in the USB drive. Then, I separated the EcoDrive contents into the same old exclusive USB drive. Now, I am able to record the journey data, but no display/voice announcements! I tried several other formatted USB drives, the same result. All other displays are okay like 'EcoDrive On' and then, 'EcoDrive USB in'. I tried disconnecting and reconnecting the negative terminal of my Linea's battery, but no display/announcement while updating the new journey data. So, I learnt a lesson or two about the quirky EcoDrive: I should have an exclusive USB drive for EcoDrive alone and have another for music and songs. I should not mix EcoDrive with music and songs under any circumstances.

Here is a photograph showing my Linea fitted with new Autocop rear parking sensors.
    [attachment=0:20yxdgey]19032011176.jpg[/attachment:20yxdgey]

19032011176.jpg
    1 person likes this.
  2. Hi Ravi, those black sensors look good on FTA but would have definitely look class if painted to body colour (my personal opinion).
  3. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    bnzjon: All these 18 months, I have been waiting in vain for Autocop to introduce blue coloured sensors. I found the sensors smooth and shining, which prevented me from getting them painted in car colour. Finally, I heeded to the advice of my daughter to go in for black ones.
  4. virus_60

virus_60

Bangalore
    Re: QUIRKY ECODRIVE

Hi Ravi,
    I have my EcoDirve USB filled with songs and some other data and I use the same all the time, so that I can listen to music while driving and I have no issues with ecodive recording the journey data.

What I did was-
    When preparing the USB drive for installation of ecodrive to my Linea, I used the pendrive which already had songs and other stuffs in it.
    Just yesterday I deleted added some more songs, and the ecodrive is still working fine.
  5. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Mumbai

Ravi,

Its a blessing in disguise !! Current status of your EcoDrive & USB (without any voice announcement) is just perfect. The earlier status (with voice announcement) was faulty ::D .

This Voice announcement is not for updating journey details but its for updating EcoDrive software in Car Blue & Me. It happens when you prepare a USB stick from PC EcoDrive Software & insert that USB in Blue & Me port when you already have EcoDrive installed in the car. This USB stick contains some zip files for installation of EcoDrive in your car. When EcoDrive is already installed in your car earlier, this USB will prompt the voice announcement 'Update started - Update completed - Remove the USB device" just like it happens when you installed EcoDrive in your car for the first time. If you won't to avoid this irritating voice announcement everytime you start the car, you've to delete those few zip installation files in your USB.

Not necessarily. I have a USB stick which I use for EcoDrive. It also has more than 1 GB of Songs since very beginning. When I installed EcoDrive thro' another blank USB stick, I wanted EcoDrive to operate with my this regular Audio songs USB. So I prepared this Audio songs USB in PC EcoDrive software. When I inserted this USB stick, it started giving those irritating Voice announcement everytime. I checked the USB stick in my PC. It had those zip installation files. So, when we "prepare" USB in PC EcoDrive software, it seems its prepared to install EcoDrive in your car when you insert it in car & gives those voice announcement. I then deleted those select zip files & since then it works just perfect without any voice announcements of update/ installation.

Though, I've not tried any other USB after that, I intend to do it just to check the above theory.

And my personal opinion :mrgreen: ... Whether Black or body color, I hate those round holes/ rings in the bumper of Linea.
  6. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore

Thanks, virus_60, for kind information. I shall do that and test again. Earlier, I had copied the iFiat folder from one USB drive to the other via my laptop.
    You are right, Amit. Now, I could see the difference. If I prepare the USB drive from my laptop, the iFiat folder doesn't contain the zip files meant for display/announcement. I shall test it again by preparing an USB drive EcoDrive that already contains music/songs. During my testing phase, the EcoDrive application in my laptop got automatically updated to version 0.9.9.2424, which might have contributed to the confusion! :mrgreen:
  7. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)
    remove "install" file from USB drive or rename it to install_old. Now you wont hear "Update started - Update completed - Remove the USB device" message anymore :)
  8. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    But, Viny, my grouse was absence of display/voice announcements in spite of the presence of 'install' file in iFiat folder, which may perhaps, due to automatic updating to version 0.9.9.2424, while I was testing!
  9. karan desai

karan desai Superiore

Morbi, Gujrat
    you got them installed in the right place unlike most of others. this is the place where the sensors come in lineas abroad.
  10. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    Thanks, karan desai. The credit goes to Concrode Motors in-house accessory fitter, Rafeeq, who did this excellent job. In fact, he took measurements before marking the spots for drilling. Rafeeq told me that he had undergone extensive training at Fiat India plant at Ranjangaon.