1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

MY FABULOUS FIAT LINEA

Discussion in 'Linea 1.4 Fire' started by J Ravi, Jun 2, 2010.

1. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    Same reason for my late reply, rajbajwa.

I bought Linea after getting inspired by VahanPujari's ownership thread in Team-BHP.

Oh, that's very good. Your Linea must be very lucky. :)

Thank you so much.

I played my part. Now, the ball is in my friend's court.

Thanks a lot both on my behalf and on behalf of my erstwhile FTA Linea, YB.

Thank you so much, kedarbendre, for the compliments.
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2014
  2. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram
    Nice to see you back in the forum Raviji.
    It was news to me that VP changed his car, was thinking that he will pass on the car to another family member. What is his new car? is he still mod here?
    Happy to note Raviji that you have swiftly embraced a vehicle with dynamics of a high centre of gravity going from a sedan.
    Happy journey.
    To the other member owning a 99 Linea, yes the money is yours but still my humble suggestion would be save the 15 lakh that might be needed to buy the next car in your mother or wife's account because I think Fiat cars can serve as well as new car for atleast a lakh km or 8 years and the money saved can come in handy when needed.
    3 people like this.
  3. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Hi Bala sir. How are you? Long time. :)

VP bhai has also shifted to a XUV in white color. Most of the Linea owners are unable to satisfy themselves with another sedan and XUV is the only thing that is being liked by them having having some amazing time with their Fiat Lineas. Many Linea owners have shifted to a XUV when the time to upgrade arrived.
    2 people like this.
  4. livelyyoungman

livelyyoungman Regolare

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    It's sad to note the departure of your FTA. Anyways all has a beginning and an end. Do share your experiences with your XUV as well. Truly you have been an inspiration to all of us.

Sent from my Z1 using Tapatalk
    1 person likes this.
  5. Nadeem Ahmed VR 46

Nadeem Ahmed VR 46 Esperto

Gadag
    Felt sad to know that you sold your FTA Linea & bought XUV,
    Your Linea has been an inspiration to all of us that Fiat's can go on any roads of india.
    We will miss her.:(
    1 person likes this.
  6. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram
    Raviji, you have been a great guide for us.
    I took screen shots of your 6th service bill and have noted and informed the A.S.S of parts to be changed. Though I wanted to change the timing belt and chain the service guys told me that it is sufficient to change it at 90 k kms.It might be valid too since my car travels only in highways and hence not much wear and tear.
    1 person likes this.
  7. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    This will keep happening until FIAT has something to offer in that segment, or the segment above LINEA :).
    1 person likes this.
  8. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    Thanks a lot for the appreciation and nice words, guys.

Even I was advised like this at Ramkay FIAT. But, I insisted after knowing the horror stories of damages to engine after the timing chain got cut in 1.3 MJD at 60 k km.
  9. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Got it changed at 35kms when SA said chain is making slight noise. Call me paranoid if you will..::V
    1 person likes this.
  10. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    Nowadays, I have the company of these FIATs after the departure of my erstwhile Linea! I imported the left one from Italy. FIAT India presented me the right one [optical mouse] during FIAT Ranjangaon plant visit in December 2010. These FIATs will accompany me during all mega trips. biggrin.gif

IMG_1289.jpg

I have kept Linea's ashtray in my XUV500 as a souvenir.

DSC_0025.jpg
    9 people like this.