1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

MY FABULOUS FIAT LINEA

Discussion in 'Linea 1.4 Fire' started by J Ravi, Jun 2, 2010.

1. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    Rats Massacred My Linea Again

Today, when I opened my Linea's bonnet, I found this:

1.jpg

2.jpg

I drove to the friendly neighbourhood multi-brand service station United Motors, who I was patronizing with during my MS Omni days. I was told they could fix it, but not with FIAT genuine spares. I readily agreed. They fixed a transparent tube in place of the original black tube. I paid 1190072d1389617525-cara-mia-fiat-linea-rupeesymbol.gif 100 and drove back home within half-hour.

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

3 people like this.
  2. rajeev_pillai

rajeev_pillai Regolare

Mumbai
    Kochi, Kerala
    Grande Punto 1.2
    I am also using the same technique. However the plastic tube will expand with temperature and will get disconnected.
    I have used two cable ties to secure it in place.

For a better solution, use the fuel tube (rubber type) of a motor cycle. It will not expand with heat

Rajeev
    3 people like this.
  3. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    Thanks, Rajeev. I will observe for some time and change it.
  4. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    Rat Menace Continues

Today, I caught the culprit red-handed. :(

WP_20140114_013.jpg

The rat made a mess of my Linea's air filter cover.

WP_20140114_016.jpg

I started the engine and startled the rodent, risking splashing all its interiors on Linea's interiors. It jumped out and ran out of my house. No damages were noticed. Later, I cleaned the engine bay.

WP_20140114_018.jpg
    3 people like this.
  5. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)
    Looks like rats like cozy and comfortable rides on Linea :)
    And i guess you caught it black handed :p
    1 person likes this.
  6. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    My Linea is for sale. See here for more information.
  7. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram
    That incident reminds me of my own incident
    A rat had even started a family with 3 young ones at the driver's foot well in my linea (we take out the car only once in a fortnight)
    I was about to throw the young ones in a dustbin, when my father advice me against it asking me to leave them in a corner,since the mother will come searching for the kids and I obeyed him.
    Rats have eaten lots of things in my car
  8. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    The Story Behind Linea's Change Of Ownership

Yesterday, my Linea was bought by our family friend and well-wisher, Ajay. He will take delivery of my Linea on 2 February 2014. We are all happy that our Linea stays within the family. smile.gif

Who is this family friend and well-wisher? He is none other than Ajay, who recommended 3D Kagu mats and presented me with many goodies, both desi and foreign, for Linea, Thunderbird and now, XUV500!

A finest gentleman that he is, he did not even express his intentions, when I discussed selling my Linea some days back. He just asked me, how much I expected and kept quiet. I did not have even an iota of idea that he might be interested. So, I told him the quoted price and informed him that I proposed to insert ads in various Internet fora including Team FIAT India. He knew that if he had expressed his intentions, I might have not quoted any price at all and I would invite him to take Linea at his own price!

Yesterday, an interested person called me and fixed appointment for inspection and TD in the evening. My BSNL mobile phone did not have connectivity in the afternoon and evening due to software upgradation at their exchange. So, that person turned up late after enquiring my home's location. When I was going for TD with him, Ajay turned up with his present for my XUV500! I requested him to wait at my first floor home and continued my TD with that interested person. When I returned from the TD, he expressed his wish for TD. I told him to wait so that I would take out my XUV500 from the garage as I had offered him to drive XUV500 at his convenient date and time. But, he intervened stating that he wanted to TD Linea and not XUV500! Then, I got puzzled. He and my son did a TD of Linea, while I was chatting with that interested person. After their return, my son came to me and cautioned not to commit anything to that interested person as Ajay was interested. I got confused. So, I told that interested person that he was number 2 in the queue, the first being Ajay. There was one Pediatrician from Dharmapuri, who was the number 3. That interested person liked Linea very much and wanted to strike a deal by giving a token advance. I requested him to wait for a couple of days for my friend's decision. That interested person left in his FIAT Petra visibly upset with the turn of events. I could understand his feelings.

Later, Ajay told us that he wanted to buy Linea for his mother. He would register Linea in his name and present it to his mom. I told him, I would be the happiest man if bought Linea. Then, he test-drove XUV500 with me and returned home. He drove Linea from Basaveswara Nagar to Jayanagar to show it to his mom and brother. He returned late in the night and clinched the deal. When I told him that my price would be different for him, he requested me not to make him feel guilty. He told me that he would buy at the quoted price only and not a rupee less. Finally, we all agreed happily. He would take delivery on 2 February 2014.

Had Ajay arrived some 10 mintues late, Linea would have gone to a different person. Had there been connectivity in my BSNL mobile phone and if that interested person arrived a few minutes earlier than Ajay, again Linea would have gone to that interested person! Generally, I don't believe in fate. But, seeing the turn of events last evening, I am inclined to believe that timing plays a crucial role in our life! :)
    14 people like this.
  9. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Interesting story.
    Your Linea is a legend, I am sure it went to a good hand.
    1 person likes this.
  10. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    With Ajay as the new owner, Linea will have continued stay within the family! :) Thanks, Ravi.

Absolutely. I am very happy. :)
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2014