1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Discussion in 'Linea 1.4 Fire' started by J Ravi, Jun 2, 2010.

1. linealover

linealover Regolare

Thank god!
    sir,your are lucky to find this early and wise decision to swap immediately.

one can imagine how hard tire like GT3 go haywire,instead soft tire in place would have taken a toll on alloy with it.
    1 person likes this.
  2. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

I did Chennai>Pondicherry>Chennai trip today. We left our Royapettah home by 10:30 am in the morning, reached Pondy BP Ashram petrol pump at 1 pm, refuelled my Linea with tankful of petrol costing 1161627d1383412303-cara-mia-fiat-linea-rupeesymbol.gif 70.14/litre, visited our relatives at Navarkulam, lunched with them, watched India's batting, Rohit Sharma's double century, visited Manakula Vinayakar temple, left there by 7:10 pm and reached back home by 9:15 pm. I paid multiple trip toll of 1161627d1383412303-cara-mia-fiat-linea-rupeesymbol.gif 45 + 1161627d1383412303-cara-mia-fiat-linea-rupeesymbol.gif 45 + 1161627d1383412303-cara-mia-fiat-linea-rupeesymbol.gif 55 totalling 1161627d1383412303-cara-mia-fiat-linea-rupeesymbol.gif 145 on NH 45/66 via Tindivanam.

1 person likes this.
  3. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

My Linea Spent Today At Ramkay FIAT, Chennai

It's time for an update.

There were a lot of pending repair works that my Linea needed:

1. During my recent visit to Trichy, the rear right power window stopped working all of a sudden.

2. During my recent visit to Veedur, the chrome strip on the rear right quarter glass beading was found missing.

3. During my recent HP trip, the horn pad became moody and worked only in one position.

4. After returning from the HP trip, I found the top clamp of the air filter assembly was cut.

5. Some months back, I observed that the belt holding the battery was chewed by Chennai rats. But, since the battery was held tightly, I just ignored it.

6. During my HP trip, one of the mud flaps was found cut and dangling. Somehow, I managed to screw it back by introducing a washer. At that time itself, I decided to go in for the new moulded type flaps.

7. I explained the recent episode of rats chewing up wires that go to ECU. I was told that error codes needed to be deleted. I also requested for soldering of the joints and proper insulation.

So, I called Sukanya, CRM, Ramkay FIAT, Chennai, yesterday and got an appointment fixed for today morning. My Linea entered Ramkay FIAT this morning by 10:30 am and I got back my Linea by 4:45 pm. I was expecting only completion of ~75% of works due to non-availability of spares. I could not believe my ears, when I was told that all the required spares were very much available! :)

I paid rupee-symbol.gif 6,657 in all. I rated 9/10 in the feedback. I deducted one point as I felt that labour charges are on the higher side.
    Last edited: Nov 7, 2013
    6 people like this.
  4. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Linea 1.3
    Good work there from Ramkay. I also felt that Ramkay has stocked the parts very well. Even they have rarest of rare parts which we even don't expect it from a FASS.
    1 person likes this.
  5. nkrishnap

nkrishnap Staff Member Janitor

Linea 1.3
    They have an inventory of well over 2 crores when the mandate is around 80 lakhs for the metros. This is one way to regain the lost faith with respect to spares at least. Ramkay has definitely put the step in the right direction :up
    1 person likes this.
  6. Wish they were in bangalore.
    1 person likes this.
  7. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

I had to get approval for 2 days of leave, then drove down to Chennai JUST to get the car serviced with them. I even pushed the ODO by few hundreds over 15k for this. :)

I am amazed by their stock keeping. Whichever small part or accessory you ask, they readily have it or would source for you within a week. And they are high in ethics. None of Bangy FASSs have impressed me one bit.
    1 person likes this.
  8. Why cant fiat standardizebthe labour charges,dealers seems to charging as per their wish.
    1 person likes this.
  9. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

Yes, this is the fly in the ointment. I had mentioned this in another thread (Alloy wheel price reduced), and am saying it again, can we all pass on this strong feedback whenever we receive feedback calls from FIAT? And also probably post on their FB page.
    1 person likes this.
  10. Let us open separate thread on this.this topic deserves it's own thread.