1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

MY FABULOUS FIAT LINEA

Discussion in 'Linea 1.4 Fire' started by J Ravi, Jun 2, 2010.

1. linealover

linealover Regolare

Madras
    we don't have the dislike button.else could have disliked the rats.
    Last edited: Oct 30, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  2. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    Today, I checked my Linea and found to be perfectly alright. The missing piece of wire was also found at the parking space, which is kept as spare for future! biggrin.gif

DSC00982.JPG
  3. rajeev_pillai

rajeev_pillai Regolare

Mumbai
    Kochi, Kerala
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Ravi sir,
    Check the gauge of the wire and buy one or two meters of the same gauge Finolex Automotive grade wire and keep it.
    In my car, the rats attacked the outer protective cover (black split loom), but no harm to the wires.

Rajeev
    1 person likes this.
  4. linealover

linealover Regolare

Madras
    is it possible to put some hard protective cover to curb these menace?
  5. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    Daily phenol-mixed water is sprinkled around my Linea in the night to discourage rodents. But, now, I have to think of other effective ways to curb their entry into the engine bay.
  6. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai
    Ravi Sir - Chennai rats are very smart. Now I use bleaching powder and I've been fine so far.
    1 person likes this.
  7. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    Thanks a lot, Suresh. I will try from tomorrow. :)
  8. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    Side-Wall Bulge Observed & New Tyre Got Fitted

Today morning while cleaning my Linea, I observed a bulge on the side-wall of the front right tyre. I was shocked to the core. Perhaps, it might have caused due to a deep pothole I drove into during my recent Bangalore to Chennai trip. My Linea suffered from a tyre burst only last year. The details are here. I don't want to take any chance any more. I have decided not to introduce tube in the deformed tyre for further usage. In the evening, I took my Linea to the neighbourhood Lal Enterprises and got her a brand new Good Year GT3 with the manufacturing date as 3113 [31st week of 2013] costing 1160598d1383222739-cara-mia-fiat-linea-rupeesymbol.gif 4950. The only consolation was that the outgoing damaged tyre covered 18,000 km in the toughest terrains of Himachal Pradesh in two trips.

DSC00983.JPG

DSC00984.JPG

DSC00988.JPG

DSC00991.JPG
  9. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

Ravi sir, if you had asked for warranty, a part of the cost would have been covered in pro-rata basis. But then, that is a headache, you need to visit the GY HO near EA mall, the engineer would measure the wear and approve, then we have to remove the damaged tyre from rim by ourselves, mount the spare to the car, give the removed tyre to them and then get the new tyre, go back to the tyre store and get it fitted onto the spare rim.

I did this laborious and time consuming process while my car was just 6k kms old, but in my case it was steel belt protruding outside. And I had to pay nothing as it was withing their threshold, 15% I think. :)
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  10. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    But, I drove on a deep pothole while driving to Chennai. Plus, my tyre had already covered 18 k km on the worst terrains of HP in 2 trips. So, I decided to get it replaced on my own.