1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

MY FABULOUS FIAT LINEA

Discussion in 'Linea 1.4 Fire' started by J Ravi, Jun 2, 2010.

1. l13mjd

l13mjd Amatore

Ahmedabad
    Bond ho to aisa..!

Even the garland is tastefully done..!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  2. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    Bangalore To Chennai

Our Linea brought me and wife safely and comfortably to our Chennai Royapettah home at 3:45 am today. We had left our Bangalore Basaveswara Nagar home at 10:15 pm last night. I took Hosur/Krishnagiri route in view of uncertainties prevailing in Seemandhra region due to Telangana issue.
    Our Linea crossed 70,000 km mark near Vaniyambadi on a long flyover. clap.gif By the time I came down the flyover and found a safe place to park and click a photograph, the meter jumped to 70,001 km. I did not stop anywhere else apart from this photographic stop of a minute or so.

70 k km.JPG

MID.jpg
    8 people like this.
  3. J Ravi Sir,

Do you not have nay plans of enabling Cruise control in your car.
    1 person likes this.
  4. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    I am comfortable with the stock form of my Linea. Perhaps, while upgrading in future, I may go in for the top variant with the factory-fitted cruise control.
    2 people like this.
  5. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    Chennai>Veedur>Chennai

Today morning when I was checking my Linea before a day-long trip to my village, Veedur, near Tindivanam, 'check engine' message and icon were displayed on the MID. When I opened the opened the bonnet I was horrified to find some wires chewed up by Chennai resident rats. Shockked.gif Then, self and my brother-in-law swung into action.

DSC00949.jpg

DSC00952.JPG

DSC00954.JPG

DSC00955.jpg

After the treatment, again I checked. The 'check engine' message and icon display were gone for ever. All the parameters were okay. Then, we left for our village Veedur in Villupuram district and returned back home by 8:45 pm.

MID.jpg

3 people like this.
  6. pdash

pdash Regolare

Bangalore
    Mahadevapura
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I heard many times that any wiring cut will void the warranty... But poor rats don'st understand FIAT's terms and condition.:eek:
  7. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    But, my Linea is well beyond the warranty and extended warranty!
    1 person likes this.
  8. l13mjd

l13mjd Amatore

Ahmedabad
    In the heart, our FIATs are always warranted, Ravi.. ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    1 person likes this.
  9. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

Wonder why all the rats attack the same area of wiring in all Lineas/Puntos!::pP

Ravi sir, the insulation tape does not seem to be sitting snug on the wires, from the pics. To prevent any loose connections/shorting, please make sure that the tape is tightly wound. Hope you used automotive grade wiring. :)

And good call for fixing it by yourself, even if you goto FASS, those guys do the same thing!
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  10. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    1 person likes this.