1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

MY FABULOUS FIAT LINEA

Discussion in 'Linea 1.4 Fire' started by J Ravi, Jun 2, 2010.

1. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    The letter 'I' in EMOTION is as shaky as the earlier one. Apart from that, it is okay. Only the time should tell about the quality.
  2. puchoo

puchoo Regolare

Delhi / Shimla
    I was actually asking with regard to the Fiat logo / badge itself.

3. animeshkumar15

animeshkumar15 Timido

BLR
    I had paid around 900 INR for the rear emblem of my Punto, 550 INR seems pretty low.Can you please confirm, whether its original ?
  4. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

The advantage if we go for the OEM monogram is that the letters are all aligned and a transparent adhesive tape is stuck on it, so all we need to do is remove the back adhesive paper align it and stick, whereas with the 99rpm ones, each letter should be painfully aligned and there are chances of misalignment always.
  5. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    No, it's not so. Even the monograms supplied by 99rpm.com, viz., LINEA and EMOTION, had a transparent adhesive sheet stuck on the top and another thick sheet at the bottom. The entire monogram is pre-aligned. I removed the bottom base sheet, held the top sheet of the monogram, aligned it, stuck it in one go and removed the top sheet.

- - - Merged Post - - -

The FIAT logos/badges seem to be of good quality.
  6. linealover

linealover Regolare

Madras
    Great sir! yet another voyage.

awesome rapport with your linea,

your linea defy s physics by not aging,seems as if took delivery from showroom.
    1 person likes this.
  7. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

But why is the alignment still off then?

I had no problems with regards to alignment when I stuck OEM 90HP monogram the same way. Does this mean the monograms were not aligned properly before they stuck the top sheet itself?
  8. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    Even the alignment was similar to the stock one. The letter 'I' in the stock monogram was shaky right from the day one.
  9. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    Bangalore>Trichy>Pillayarpatti>Dindigul>Bangalore

947.1 km in 24 hours.

MID.jpg

Yesterday [2 Oct 2013], self, wife and Linea left our Basaveswara Nagar home by 1:30 am for Trichy via Namakkal and Musiri. We reached my relative's place at Crawford, Trichy by 7 am. We breakfasted and lunched there apart from attending a function.

We left my relative's place by 2 pm and reached Pillayarpatti by 3:45 pm. As the temple was still closed, we waited upto 4 pm, when the temple's doors opened. We visited the temple and left it by 4:30 pm for Dindigul. We reached Hotel Sri Gowri Krishna, Dindigul by 6:15 pm. We tucked in sumptuous and delicious tiffin. We left there by 7:15 pm and reached our home, sweet home at 1:30 am today [3 Oct 2013]. I took a power nap of about an hour at just before Thoppur ghats.

My Linea had her first tankful of petrol at BP OSTS [One Stop Truckers' Shop] COCOO at Chinnar costing 1147213d1380748338-cara-mia-fiat-linea-rupeesymbol.gif 76.53/litre. The next tankful was at TVS BP Trichy costing 1147213d1380748338-cara-mia-fiat-linea-rupeesymbol.gif 75.62/litre. The last tankful was BP OSTS COCOO at Thoppur costing 1147213d1380748338-cara-mia-fiat-linea-rupeesymbol.gif 75.94/litre.

Road conditions: some rough stretches between Thottiyam and Musiri; some diversions in NH between Trichy and Pudukottai and some more rough stretches between Nattham and Dindigul. The 2 lane NH is being improved as a toll road by NHAI; but, no toll is collected now as the works are still in progress. Here are two photographs clicked on this stretch.
    DSC00717.jpg
    DSC00718.jpg
    3 people like this.
  10. mayurshah

mayurshah Amatore

Banagalore
    Wow sir.. I have always got inspired. By your travel logue...great to know u stay in basaweshwarnagar coz i stay in Rajajinagar close by..would love to meet u..once iam back from my trip to Rann of Kutch...will hit Pune Mumbai expressway in few minutes from now

Sent from my RM-885_im_india_249 using Tapatalk
    1 person likes this.