1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

MY FABULOUS FIAT LINEA

Discussion in 'Linea 1.4 Fire' started by J Ravi, Jun 2, 2010.

1. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    can you please tell me what products you are using for polishing? and how easy /hard it has been for you to remove minor blemishes and swirls from the car's body?
    I"m seriously looking at these products but want a good review to proceed!
  2. vj_v1

vj_v1 Superiore

Hyderabad
    ^^ Pains of a black car owner :D.
    1 person likes this.
  3. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    What to do ,what to do :rolleyes:

Sent from my Q1000 using Tapatalk 2
  4. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    I have Meguiar's products [NXT Tech Wax 2.0] both in liquid and paste forms. Most of the minor blemish and spots will vanish if I apply them on the affected areas, leave for a few minutes and scrub it using banyan cloth. For stubborn tar spots, I use the paste supplied with Cam-Paint pack, which was a sort of rubbing compound that has abrasives in it. For removing the gum marks, I used that rubbing compound only repeatedly.

The waxing and polishing work is surely time and energy-consuming. So, I spread it out in more parts so that I need to spend only 2 hours each. For example, I will do exterior washing and scrubbing in day 1 [2 hours] and waxing on the next day [2 hours]. I do waxing only once in 3 months or so.
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2013
    2 people like this.
  5. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    My Linea had petrol today at neighbourhood HP COCOO costing rupee-symbol.gif 79.39 pet litre, tyre pressure checked up and filled to the required level. She had lost 3 psi in one month. My Linea is fully ready for yet another journey tonight. :)
    3 people like this.
  6. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Ravi Ji, I understand you may be travelling to Trichy. Avoid taking Karur-Trichy section as the construction work is still not complete. Just a word of caution. :)
    1 person likes this.
  7. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    Thanks, Ramesh. I will take the time-tested Namakkal>Thottiyam>Musiri>Trichy route only. :)
  8. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Yeh. Alternately, you can also think about Namakkal-Thuraiyur-Trichy. Heard the road in this route is in very good condition.
    1 person likes this.
  9. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    Emotion Regained

Just a few minutes back, I received the logos from 99rpm.com and my Linea regained her emotion, thanks to super-fast delivery by 99rpm.com.
    clap.gif

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

But, it is roundabout. I understand that the road conditions of Musiri route are good.
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2013
    6 people like this.
  10. puchoo

puchoo Regolare

Delhi / Shimla
    Can you confirm the quality of the FIAT logos please , been wanting to place an order for them but 99 RPM makes it very clear that these are after market quality and not OEM