1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

MY FABULOUS FIAT LINEA

Discussion in 'Linea 1.4 Fire' started by J Ravi, Jun 2, 2010.

1. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    Thanks, shams.

Yes, Ramesh; with power naps and breaks. From Abu Road to Mumbai [fully 4-laned], I did aggressive driving; from Mumbai to Bangalore, I restricted myself to sober driving, which reflected in the FE.
    1 person likes this.
  2. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    Welcome o great man! Can see alot of enthu to pen down your arrival post in just 2 hours after your reach. WOW sir wow. You have great will power and strenght to jump very high. bravo :clap
    2 people like this.
  3. bharathj85

bharathj85 Regolare

Chennai
    Welcome back sir.
    1 person likes this.
  4. RKK

RKK Amatore

Mumbai
    Excellent FE figures Ravi Sir. Reminded me of driving Mumbai Goa via NH4 and giving me excellent figures in FE (14.8) fully loaded with AC on. Waiting for your detailed travelogue.
    1 person likes this.
  5. nkrishnap

nkrishnap Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    Fantastic to have you back. Awaiting the blockbuster travelogue for this year.

Sent from my GT-N7000
    1 person likes this.
  6. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    Thanks a lot, zenwalker. But, the credit must go to my Linea! :)

Thank you very much, bharathj85.

IMO, if 90 kmph speed [actual] is maintained in the sixth gear [100 kmph on the odometer], maximum FE is achieved. Actually, I did aggressive driving from Abu Road to Mumbai, and then, the sober driving for the remaining part of the trip. Had I had done sober driving for the whole trip, the FE would have been much more! Many times, I got 16/17 kmpl for long trips. :)

Thanks a ton, Krishna Prasad. Yeah, the travelogue will be out shortly.
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2013
  7. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    Sir, is it a typo error or is that your car really has 6th gear?:shocked I thought Linea always came with 5 speed transmission.

Checked the data sheet of all linea models, all says 5 speed transmission. So hence the doubt :D
    1 person likes this.
  8. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    Oops. I am yet to recover from the hangover caused by my marathon drive, it seems. :) Yes, it is in the fifth gear. Thanks, zenwalker, for pointing out the error.
    1 person likes this.
  9. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    No problems sir, it confused me for a minute. So hence had to ask. :)
    1 person likes this.
  10. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    Car-Keeping My Linea!

Today, I started the work of car-keeping of my Linea - just like house-keeping - comprising many parts like boot/checking fluids and battery, engine bay, interior, alloy wheels, exterior and waxing and polishing to get rid of the muck accumulated from different parts of India. biggrin.gif

I spent about coupla hours to clean the boot, check the tools and check all oil/fluids and battery. My Linea consumed about 300 ml of Selenia K engine oil for 2,309 km. Although the coolant was at the maximum level, I added a few ml to bring to a few mm above the maximum level. I also topped up the windshield cleaning fluid to the brim. The battery was fine recording 12.4 V when the engine was off and 14.3 V when idling.

DSC00679.jpg

DSC00677.jpg

49720d1376467002-my-fabulous-fiat-linea-2.jpg
    2 people like this.