1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

MY FABULOUS FIAT LINEA

Discussion in 'Linea 1.4 Fire' started by J Ravi, Jun 2, 2010.

1. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    Thanks, karan desai, for compliments.
  2. linealover

linealover Regolare

Madras
    i have never seen anybody loves the linea the way you loves it.awesome love story.....enjoy her companion many miles and years.
    have a safe motoring.
    regards
    linealover
  3. linealover

linealover Regolare

Madras
    i have never seen anybody loves the linea the way you loves it.awesome love story.....enjoy her companion many miles and years.
    have a safe motoring.any idea of 3D mats in chennai?
    regards
    linealover
  4. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    Thanks, linealover, for the compliments. Kagu 3D mats are available in Chennai at AK International [0 93431 05742]. The boot mat is not part of 3D mat set. I imported it from Germany.
  5. linealover

linealover Regolare

Madras
    Thank u sir,
  6. mindgrinder

mindgrinder Novizio

Delhi
    guys what is better 3D car mats or 3M nomad car mats?
  7. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    Yesterday, I drove in my fabulous Linea to and fro my village, Vidur, located near Tindivanam, Tamil Nadu, to attend to an urgent personal work.

We left our home at 4:05 am. My Linea had tankful of petrol at BP COCO retail outlet at Chinnar, near Krishnagiri toll plaza as we had our morning filter coffee at A2B at BP Ghar Dhaba at 5:30 am and continued our journey. We stopped at Hotel Saravana Bhavan, Vellore, at 7:30 am for breakfast, and again continued our trip. We took a longer Vellore>Arcot>Arani>Chetpet>Gingee>Kooteripettai> Vidur [NH 7/46 & SH 4] in view of bad road condition of NH 66 from Krishnagiri to Thiruvannamalai. I drove through the bus stands and markets of Arcot, Arani and Chetpet!

Even NH 7 and NH 46 did not escape the fury of torrential rain that Tamil Nadu was subjected to recently. The wearing coat [bituminous concrete layer] got chipped off at many spots in the stretch from Hosur to Vellore. But, SH 4 was superb from Arcot to Arani and it beat many good 2-lane NH in India. But, it turned out to be in very bad state from Arani to Chetpet [about 40 km], later improved upto Gingee. From Gingee onwards, the roads were in good condition.

We reached Vidur by 12 noon [after 8 hours of tedious journey], finished our work by 1 pm and started back.

The Vidur Dam was full and overflowing through all its crest gates. I saw this magnificient sight for the first time. This dam used to be half-full when all other irrigation dams were full in a good monsoon year. But, this time it's different. The surplus water was flowing down blocking the low-level causeway that was the main entry point for Vidur village. We reached the village by the road on the top of the dam! I clicked some photographs.

For the return journey, I decided to take the usual shorter NH 66/46/7 through Thiruvannamalai, Uthangarai & Krishnagiri as I got fed up with the tedious driving in the up journey. From Thiruvannamalai to Krishnagiri, it was a complete mess. NH 66 was damaged beyond anyone's guess. There was semblance of road in between craters, potholes, water-logged areas, etc. Even, buses and trucks struggled to negotiate the mess. My Linea bottom-scraped twice! I was driving in the first/second and third gear for most of time.

When we reached Krishnagiri in NH 46, we had a sigh of relief. I broke the journey again at the same BP COCO retail outlet at Chinnar at 7 pm. I took the much-needed rest. We had stomachful dinner and our Linea, tankful petrol. BTW, BP COCO retail outlets at Chinnar and Thoppur [NH 7] have a scheme: they give a refreshment bag containing 1 litre branded water bottle, Britannia 50-50 bisuit packet and another packet of Lays potato chips, when Rs 1000-worth petrol or Speed is filled up. I collected two such refreshment bags one each in the morning and night! :)

When I reached my home, it was 9:30 pm after 17.5 hours of hectic trip of 672.2 km. Last night, I took a vow: I would never drive to Vidur/Pondicherry for another 6 months, or so, until the road quality improves on this route! But, the positive aspect of this trip is that my Linea returned a FE of 13 kmpl of petrol for the entire trip!

Now, it's time for the photographs.
    [attachment=5:ni5vyrh5]024vidur.jpg[/attachment:ni5vyrh5]
    [attachment=4:ni5vyrh5]025vidur.jpg[/attachment:ni5vyrh5]
    [attachment=3:ni5vyrh5]026vidur.jpg[/attachment:ni5vyrh5]
    [attachment=2:ni5vyrh5]032vidur.jpg[/attachment:ni5vyrh5]
    [attachment=1:ni5vyrh5]043vidur.jpg[/attachment:ni5vyrh5]
    [attachment=0:ni5vyrh5]044vidur.jpg[/attachment:ni5vyrh5]

024vidur.jpg

025vidur.jpg

026vidur.jpg

032vidur.jpg

043vidur.jpg

044vidur.jpg
  8. amogh

amogh Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Maan !! You are awesome.

Having interacted with J Ravi personally (although for a very short time) during the factory meet : I can say that the passion this man has towards his car is phenomenal !

And it's good to see that you have still kept the "FIAT" stickers :)

Amogh
  9. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    Thanks, Amogh, for the compliments. Fiat stickers will remain on my Linea for some more time!
    1 person likes this.
  10. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)
    Ravi,
    You have been really enjoying Linea :)
    Great to see one more quicke :)
    Look forward to many more.

As far as sticker is concern, I would have loved to see a bigger sticker, where FIAT spreads across both the door. This sticker looked cool on Punto. I hope FIAT provides a bigger stickers for Linea owners in next meet :p :)