1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

My experience…… in last 21 months

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by Pradeepms, Jun 5, 2015.

1. Pradeepms

Pradeepms Amatore

Mysore, Karanataka
    Mysore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    My experience…… in last 21 months
    I told 2 days before delivery date to my fiat sales guy that get all the changes done which I had told and on the day of delivery I am shocked to see only door handle and mirrors are painted and no grills are changed, fog lamps is not there and remote is not there… I was not so happy and he told me painting took lot of time and RTO he had to wait with car for lot of time that this story started… and he said tomorrow morning you leave your car and I will give you with all my fittings before 3pm and with half heartedly I agreed.. no options also and I wanted drive my new PUNTO ASAP so I took delivery and went home and did pooja in temple near to our home… and went for a city drive and brought some sweets and gave to my relations… But I was also missing my ZEN very much.. it was my family’s first car and it was like a family member for 3 years and gave me and my family a good company and took us for several long drives and ofcourse I went to my marriage in ZEN only…..
    Next day I left car in showroom and then he called me at 5:30pm (previous day he told before 3pm he will give the vehicle) and told that all the fittings are done and please come and collect the vehicle and I went to showroom and I was very happy to see my PUNTO in silver grill and fog lamps and that evening it was raining heavily so I cud not go out..
    Next morning was Shocker….
    I was cleaning my PUNTO in the morning.. when I was trying to wash near left back tyre.. I noticed there is some damage to tyre (like somebody chopped off) nearly1.5 inches damage and suddenly I called my sales guy and told about this and he told sir.. come tomorrow as today is Sunday and we are closed we will look into this…. Next I took vehicle to show room and he saw and he was also shocked. .then I scolded him what kind of PDI that you have done because I had office on that delivery day and I was late to take the delivery and then he called his manager and they decided that they will send this to JK tyre company and get it replaced…. After 3-4 weeks of follow up show room guys told JK tyre is not agreeing to replace as it is not looking like manufacturing defect and they are talking to Fiat about this and they will update you ASAP and Iwas putting pressure on them and telling am frequently travelling to Bangalore and all and am travelling without extra wheel if anything happens who is responsible and later after 3 weeks they told Fiat has agreed to pay 50% and they are asking you to pay 50%.. I said bull shit am not paying anything.. you know this has happened just 2 days after delivery and in that 2 days one full day it was there in showroom for extra fittings which you didn’t do before delivery.. again they took 3-4 days and they told from show room as a good will we will pay the extra 50% and give you the new tyre and then gave after 1 week.. oops.. I started to feel…. Where I have landed….
    Later.. full enjoy…. With my PUNTO.. long drive to Hassan, sakleshpur, Bangalore… ohh superrr….
    After 4 months I completed 5000 KMS and went for first service and I think he didn’t do anything in the service except water wash and yeah.. I asked him to do wheel alignment.. gosh…what a mistake I made… before to service it was fine after service and WA… it started to pull left and after 2 days I went and complained to that guy who did WA and he was arguing with me.. it is correct only and I called service manager and showed him… he felt that pull towards left and he told fix that… I think he put some weight in right wheel… then he told me it is fixed… and TD… it started to pull right side… again I came back and scolded him and asked him to fix.. as it was already 6pm, he told me to come next day morning.. I scolded him and went again next morning… again he took the vehicle inside and came outside it is fixed… I think now he put some weight on the left side… when I was driving.. it started to pull again left side….. I came back again to showroom and asked service manager to TD.. he felt the same.. they told me to leave the vehicle and they drop me to office and dopr the vehicle by post lunch (as I was shouting at them that it is getting late to office)…. Later at 4pm they called me and told it is fixed and they are bringing the vehicle and they dropped the vehicle and went.. I was in hurry so I just took the vehicle and went inside the office thinking they wud have fixed it.. when I was going back home… I felt………… again it is pulling towards right…. OMG I called them scolded again…. Then I took to madhus tyre… and they did fresh WA and WB problem was solved almost but some times it was pulling right…. But it was not happening regularly….
    it was 1 year service time….
    I had driven only 11k KMS when I was leaving my PUNTO for 1 year service and they told me they will change all oils and do check up estimated bill was 6500 and my friends who bought Figo they were teasing me because they were charged only for 2800 for full service and oil change and all.. but I was happy with my PUNTO and I was telling them PUNTO is way far than figo…. Finally bill was 5200 and I was happy that I told them please don’t do WA/WB and I did that again in Madhus tyre…coooollll
    Front Suspension noise….
    After horrible experience with WA/WB done by Fiat guys… I was observing there is some noise coming some times (not all the time) whenever I will go over humps or pot holes and whenever I turn my steering wheel full towards left and move the vehicle there is some sound (TAK) from left suspension…. I was ignoring this later after my 2nd service it started to increase.. I was worried and started my yathra to showroom…
    First time I went hey could fix and they told me to come again….
    Second time I went they told they fixed it.. and delivered my car to office and went and when I was driving I could able to hear that same sound from front suspension……
    Third time I left vehicle for same reason they told they have changed damper and all and now sound is not coming…… when I tested sound disappeared from left side and started from right side….. ayyo devare (OMG)…..
    Fourth time I went and told them now it is coming from right side….. they did some thing (I think some greasing).. it reduced the sound but after 2-3 days… sound started from ………..BOTH the sides…. Shivane shambulinga….
    Fifth time again I went security smiled (almost kind of laughing) at me….(may be thinking again he came)….. I called service manager and scolded him and he told he will check and this time they will solve…. And I left my vehicle and went to office.. thinking it will be fixed this time….
    Evening 5pm service guys called me and told they have changed both Shocks as it was in warranty and now sound is not coming….. when they delivered the vehicle I tested and happy to not to hear those sounds (karak, karak..) after a month couple of times I heard the same sound again… but ignored as it was very very rarely coming……
    After some days it was 16k KMS… time to WA/WB..
    As usual I did my WA/WB from Madhus and went for couple of long drives and later I found that Sound isss back again…… from left side……. Jinka chika jinka chika jinka chika re…..
    Now am continuing with that sound.. also I have observed whenever I will do full water wash or go in the rain… sound is less…. So EXPERTS any help on this…. Fiat guys cant solve this… anyone in this group can solve….
    By the way.. today after 21 months.. my dear PUNTO clocked 20000…. Feeling proud…. goooooddd
    But Service… scared to go again to service station…..
    --- Double Post Merged, Jun 5, 2015 ---
    Continued from my previous thread " finally am writting my ownership review"
    cheers....
    Last edited: Jun 5, 2015
    prabhjot likes this.
  2. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    @Pradeepms

Hope the ASS centre improves over time, if they're still relatively new. It was similar here in Gurgaon as well: it took them many months for the adequate improvements in skill, experience and processes (both sales and service) to come through.

Don't worry: sounds like an excuse to head on that great highway to bangalore once a year for major service work.

Hope the improvement DOES actually happen as 'experience' is gained by them. Small dealer-owner-businessmen for a small-sales-turnover firm in a somewhat 'small town': it'll take them some time. Hopefully they WILL come up to tolerable/adequate speed, soon enough.

cheers
    Pradeepms likes this.
  3. Pradeepms

Pradeepms Amatore

Mysore, Karanataka
    Mysore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    @prabhjot yeah hoping that they will improve.... and I took couple of banglaore service center contacts from @Deepak I can plan for that in long weekends.... ;-)
    Thanks....
    prabhjot likes this.
  4. Deepak

Deepak Regolare

KA-30
    Bengaluru
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    @Pradeepms : finally seeing the ownership review. Kudos. also add few pics.
    I think URS fiat @mysore not upto the mark. I suggest to visit KHT during your next visit to blore.
    Keep writing about your Punto :)

@prabhjot
    Its no more great highway to blore now. State govt has screwed up the beautiful tarmac by adding 70+ humps :arghh:
    Nevertheless it has labelled as NH now. Soon will be 6 lane. :headphone::happy:
    prabhjot likes this.
  5. Pradeepms

Pradeepms Amatore

Mysore, Karanataka
    Mysore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    @Deepak thanks maga...

Latest update on Bangalore-Mysore highway.... they have removed almost all the humps and they have put foldable barricades in those places... I think now its better
    Deepak likes this.
  6. Pradeepms

Pradeepms Amatore

Mysore, Karanataka
    Mysore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Hey guys need help/suggestion...
    From couple of months my PUNTO was dragging towards right and this weekend I went to Madhus tyres where I will do normal WA/WB and they told tyre is not good change the tyres and later I went to BRIDGESTONE tyre shop where they checkd the WA and they told WA is not done properly and those guys started to scold JK tyre(which I have in my PUNTO, given by Fiat) and they also scold MRF and cEAT :) and finally they told me to change the tyres as after WA also I had drag. I was shocked to hear this as my PUNTO is just 21k
    old. How is this possible?????
    FYI.. I have done WA/WB @ 5k, 11k, 17k and now at 21k
    1) Is JK tyre is so pathetic?
    2) one of those bridgestone guys told me to replace front 2 tyres with bridgestone tyres and it will solve problem OR have my spare tyre (as it is not used) in one side(front) and buy one more JK tyre and have it on other side(front)... that might solve the problem and he told second idea will not last for more time as we are using JK tyre again..... :(
    3) has anyone faced same problem like this???
  7. Deepak

Deepak Regolare

KA-30
    Bengaluru
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    stock JK tyres are not up to the mark. it will worn out pretty soon. fellow TFIan @bibin has faced similar issue. He can throw some more light on this.
    Regarding the right pull: get it checked at FASS as well. check lower arm and camber adjustment.
    Pradeepms likes this.
  8. bibin

bibin Regolare

kochi
    yes....stock jk tyres wears out very quickly ...........tyre mileage will be around 30k but 21k i believe is some what early instead of doing WA/WB @ 5k, 11k, 17k .

tyre quality of stock jk tyres is pathetic and since punto is the heaviest hatchback than most of the sedans (believe me punto 1.3 mjd is heavier than the current people favorite ciaz) the tyres have a shorter life.
    Fiat fan Yuva, Pradeepms and Deepak like this.