1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

My Exotic Red EP ------ ABARTH

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by thomman85, Dec 1, 2011.

1. thomman85

thomman85 Esperto

white alloys.. yes.. i do like it.. but not as much as i like darker shades.. if i had the linea alloys.. then i would have definitely gone with white..

Front grill.. a BIG NOOOOOOOO

ROOF.. while removing the chequered roof.. i thought of goin with white. but again will be too too flashy.. and a long been planning to change to black stripes....

---------- Post added at 10:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:33 AM ----------

i like the idea..i bought grey cf vinyl for my center console.. may be i can use it for the mirrors.
  2. thomman85

thomman85 Esperto

just did a quick paint brush.. DSCN1240copy312.jpg

personal opinion.. i dont like the lower black portion from one fog light to the other.. looks like a joker smile.. so try to paint those fog lights holder in white..
    VW after their Breeze edition.. they came up with a head headlight edition.. and last saturday on my way home.. saw a reg. vento with bacl headlight.. looked cool... try to source it if possible.. then again.. it will be bloody expensive..

use normal vinyls.. glossy or matt.. up to ur pref.. the do a decent job and the heat won't be a problem...
    1 person likes this.
  3. thomman85

thomman85 Esperto

which ever colour u choose.. red or black.. change the wing mirrors to the same colour.. again.. vinyls will do.. cost effective and can remove if needed
  4. OCTANE

OCTANE Amatore

Cochin
    Thanks bro.!:) Regarding the black portion on the front bumper, I am actually trying to resemble the polo R line. And I checked it using some black chart paper.. It looks nice in reality coz it highlights the skirting already on the bumper. I dont think I can source the new headlight because VW will evaporate my pocket:p. Already service costs are more than twice of my linea with the first service @ 11,200rs where as linea had 3200 only. I will be doing a similar treatment on the rear bumper too with black vinyls and a double exhaust. Thought of covering the ugly looking tow hook with the exhaust but dont have any idea on how to do it. Google polo r line for the pics. Although that variant has additional skirting on it I think it will work on my polo too..
  5. thomman85

thomman85 Esperto

just did some extra.. on the mirrors and the lower bumper..divided the fog and the lower grill. DSCN1240copy312.jpg

i know red would be flashy.. but from what i see on punto.. it will be good on polo as well.. eye lid u can go black..if there is too much red.
    1 person likes this.
  6. raj29

raj29 Superiore

@ Thomman85
    Nice mods on your Punto, should i say Abarth :)
    I agree that black looks good on the roof than white. White would be a little too flashy for the eyes.
    The rear badging is good too
  7. thomman85

thomman85 Esperto

Athirapally, Vazhachal route... IMG-20121002-00210.jpg IMG-20121002-00211.jpg IMG-20121002-00212.jpg IMG-20121002-00229.jpg IMG-20121002-00232.jpg IMG-20121002-00233.jpg IMG-20121002-00235.jpg
    1 person likes this.
  8. OCTANE

OCTANE Amatore

Cochin
    I like your treatment on the fog lights.:up It gives the car a different look. Had not thought of that before. Let me see what all things I can work out.
  9. CrAzY dRiVeR

CrAzY dRiVeR Timido

Bangalore
    I went ahead with it. Got the stickering work done at a local shop though.

Got red reflective sticker commonly used in sticker shops. The guy at the shop told that these sticker dont bend - and hence we need to cut the corners. I'm not satisfied with that finish as silver edges pop out at the corners.

How did you paste the stickers properly around the edges?

MUST say - I can't go back to silver now. Its a beauty with the slight sporty red trim. Thanks to your thread for giving the idea.

20121001_153434_3.jpg
  10. thomman85

thomman85 Esperto

Thanks Raj..
    Post post a picture once ur done...
    yeah.. it looks way better than the silver...
    i used reflective stickers 1st.. but scratch marks are easily noticeable on them.. and hence i removed it and ent with glossy red.. but must say.. reflective look way sportier..

in both cases i used a hair dyer to get the vinyls heated.. so that is more easy to install the vinyls over the bends/curves
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2012