1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

My Exotic Red EP ------ ABARTH

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by thomman85, Dec 1, 2011.

1. I guess yes. If the tuning box increases the power of the car then top Speed will increase is what I guess.

---------- Post added at 04:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:37 PM ----------

I guess yes. If the tuning box increases the power of the car then top Speed will increase is what I guess.
  2. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    Power tells how much work can be done by the vehicle. More BHP means they can do more work. What is specified is engine power. The actual work done will depend on weight, aerodynamics, tire grip, gear box etc.
  3. I am using ASA Tuning box, on the paper it read increase in BHP from 75 to 89 and increase in top speed from 175 to 184. These are just on papers i am not sure of the top speed though, never pushed her that hard.
  4. @Thomman,
    IMHO, it can't.. What the Tuning box can do is to make the car quickly reach the top speed but increasing the top speed can't be done, If Linea max speed is 180 then it is. If you check the manual for top speed it will be well below 180 mark, but still we floor her to go for 180 even more sometimes. So its the ability of the engine here to go for max speed and the tuning box just minimizes the time taken to reach that speed.
    1 person likes this.
  5. thomman85

thomman85 Esperto

Even i was under the same impression..
  6. thomman85

thomman85 Esperto

IMG-20120717-00027.jpg
    Vypeen refinery
    IMG-20120721-00028.jpg IMG-20120721-00029.jpg IMG-20120721-00030.jpg
    1 person likes this.
  7. varunrtr

varunrtr Esperto

KL-01/ TO
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Why dont you paint your mesh grille and fog lamp covers to black ? it would be better than this ! gvm have done that in his red gp n looks great ! Black roof looks more subtle than chequered flag which was too eye catchy (sort of head turner).
  8. N Kiran

N Kiran Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    @Thomman : Please check your Inbox.
  9. thomman85

thomman85 Esperto

i do want the grill mesh to be in black.. and as for the fog lights.. i want them done in red..
    i do miss it...:)

---------- Post added at 03:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:24 PM ----------

i do want the grill mesh to be in black.. and as for the fog lights.. i want them done in red..
    i do miss it...:)
  10. thomman85

thomman85 Esperto

IMG-20120730-00041.jpg
    on my return trip from B'lore ....came across this Punto in the Cochin - Thrissur highway..

Sorry for the poor picture....
    other details.. the rear parcel tray is stuffed with dolls with a tiny space and a big blue sticker on the rear righ bumper.. not exactly sure what it was..some thing like a drop of water..