1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

My Exotic Red EP ------ ABARTH

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by thomman85, Dec 1, 2011.

1. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    polo 1.2 petrol also very agile till 110. I felt much better than 1.2 ivtec(0-110)
  2. N Kiran

N Kiran Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    Its not always the car. It takes a lot more than that to keep up, smoke (if I may use this word) or overtake a car of any other make. I donot understand why is it not possible for another car to overtake us or just keep up the pace even if it has a puny engine (3 cylinder or a 100 cc less doesn't make it puny IMHO).
    Need not necessarily run on a tuning box to over take a 75HP 1300 CC engine. We know and most of us accept the downside of the gear box and in-gear acceleration, turbo lag and what not. By the time the turbo spools, the other car might just overtake us and we can catch up and over take them in no time again. Fiats are one of the best, but not the only best vehicles around.
    2 people like this.
  3. thomman85

thomman85 Esperto

there was me, wife and some luggage in my car, where as the polo only had the driver and it had a much thinner wheels..

in open high ways.. punto will be faster.. but in busy highways in Kerala.. with just two lanes.. it pretty hard and above all that its too risky..
    although i took speed.. I din't do do any quick downshift or fast acceleration from stand still or zig zag driving.. as my wife feels dizzy..

my worry is the point when he gave me way to pass.. thats the one troubling me..

i do't knw if he used any tunning box.. if he did.. i'm happy

whatever u guys say.. one ting i'm sure.. polo/fabia has a good pickup..
  4. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12

Thats not true....if you keep rpm in red color as they used to keep you can also beat them in city.
  5. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Okay.

Then, may be I am not skilled enough driver to take on those cars.
    Last edited: Jul 24, 2012
  6. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    I have once checked my 1.4 with 1.2 tdi. It has a very good pick up once it overcome the turbo lag. I need to wake the FIRE fully(from start) to push him back.
  7. I agree with Kedar.
    Initially I have never done the redlining on my punto and always my relatives Fabia zooms away or overtakes mine. I was feeling tooooo bad that 90 HP dosen't do it job. Once I had a chance to sit with him in his Fabia. He redlines the car all the time, which I never do. The next time we both were driving our cars, from a signal, I tried redlining the punto and it pulled like a MAD, leaving my relative in astonishment. From then I have never lost to any of these cars which are feared to be better than Punto in pickup. 3000 RPM is the point at which my 90HP gets mad. Learning the trick to change the right gear at right time matters and more than that one needs to be always aware to apply the trick in no time when you are invited for a DRAG.
    2 people like this.
  8. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Its not just about the drag. The TDI was capable of tailing me at any speed and on all corners that day. That was the day when I completely floored my linea to attain the maximum speed I have done so far. Even then Fabia tdi tailed me. Skoda is not like other japanese cars where we have the advantage of cornering. They are very much capable. Period.

I am telling this after driving along with a tdi for more than 100 kms on highway.
    Last edited: Jul 24, 2012
  9. Yes Ramjn, Skoda and VW are not like Japanese. But my point is MJD always have an advantage over TDI, and only if the fab driver had a Tuning Box, he could have done that. From what ever I have heard the Max speed a Fab could do is 165. Your Linea might be doing 180 I guess. If the Fab did 180 then it is a tuning box or the it should be the Old 4 Cyl 1400 cc Fabia.
    1 person likes this.
  10. thomman85

thomman85 Esperto

does tuning box increase the top speed?!?!?

---------- Post added at 04:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:27 PM ----------

does tuning box increase the top speed?!?!?