1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

My Exotic Red EP ------ ABARTH

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by thomman85, Dec 1, 2011.

1. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    I initially hate it. But after seeing many times I was beginning to love the roofs and it was a unique stuff. I used to think that as a chess board. And the punto is like the knight most dynamic and useful in chess. So that roof symbolizes the dynamics of Punto. :D
  2. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Trivandrum
    Sun even initially I was not liking it much. But when I saw it in real, it looks excellent. It looks much better in real than in pics.
  3. thomman85

thomman85 Esperto

Chess baord.. that was the common thing i heard and i hated it.. until jst now.. refer Punto as the Knight.. that was cool....

---------- Post added at 05:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:11 PM ----------

my heart feeling very heavy now...............

---------- Post added at 05:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:12 PM ----------

my heart feeling very heavy now...............
  4. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Trivandrum
    Never mind buddy. You can still have white checks on the roof. But it will be a typical chess board design then. As your wife suggested, you can keep it for sometime. Cosmetic changes always keeps your car fresh. Maybe you can plan it for next year. ;)
  5. N Kiran

N Kiran Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    I would like to look it as Chequered Flag and not a chess board.
  6. thomman85

thomman85 Esperto

that was how i saw it......

---------- Post added at 09:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:46 AM ----------

Yeah.. next year is too long.. i had the chequered roof.. hardly for 3months

i badly wanted to go with cf vinyls.. but i my case its not VFM.
  7. soccerfan

soccerfan Regolare

Kochi
    Was talking to the guys from TeamEnergy regarding carble fibre vinyl wrapping on the dashboard near the glovebox. The guy was saying the wrapping on interior slowly starts to come loose due to the A/C usage. He said he can do it but it will come off slowly. Outside parts of car doesnt have this issue he said. Any idea guys?
  8. thomman85

thomman85 Esperto

i have tried it on a small portion.. an it doesn't stick properly.. and it does come off.. not sure if its due to the ac... i feel its coz of the texture, material and porous finish.
    may be on a bigger area.. it may stick...
    Last edited: May 21, 2012
  9. soccerfan

soccerfan Regolare

Kochi
    thanks for the reply Thomman :) . BTW have you put vinyl over the plastic which hold the windscreen washers? putting vinyl is a good way to hide that faded plastic ;)
    1 person likes this.
  10. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    i remember one of our tfi member prajith has done this !
    i'm also planning to do this,really the plastic looks so dull...