1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

My Exotic Red EP ------ ABARTH

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by thomman85, Dec 1, 2011.

1. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    macha,
    enjoy your long journey....
    use indicators and flash lights as much as you can.
    if you want to hault along roadside check for proper shade,area and use parking lights.
    becarefull on tolls, maintain proper distance especially when behind the heavy loaded trucks.

Atlast, Travel as if you dont want to arrive ;)
  2. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    Cochin to Manglore: I just hate to go through that crowded roads in thalasseri. Is there any bypass to avoid the city. Other than that Till manglore the roads are not bad. In kasargod the rods are good. From border to manglore the roads may have some un expected humps. After Manglore till suratkal again very smooth roads. Surathkal to Udupi road constructions works are happening so the average speed may be less. From Udupi onwards the road is good. At Bhatkal some stretches may be bad. The entire NH66 is OK before mansoon. After monsoon many stretches become surfaces. Fill the fuel from Manglore. It will be enough to reach Goa.

Kamat veg Restaurant : Honnavar , another one(Kamat Upchar) after ankola and before the Hubli Highway. After crossing Karwar before the bridge there are couple of good restaurants.

Good luck and a happy journey.
  3. thomman85

thomman85 Esperto

Ganges thanks for the heads up.....

and Sugoa thank you for the valuable information... I'm planning on filling up gas from Mahe and as far as possible will try to avoid pumps in Karnataka.

I have heard the roads were really bad in Aug 11.. but i believe they have repaired and tared the road. a friend o fine who regularly travel between Cochin and manglore said the roads are currently good , but a bit narrow compared to other highways..
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2012
  4. rahul16

rahul16

Cochin
    hey thomman...... enjoy buddy..... Have a great trip :)
  5. Hi Thomma.... enjoy maadi...

Like I told you... take roads from Ernakulam to Thrissur and after the toll a second bridge comes, before that there is a service road on the left side, take that and then search for road going to Calicut.. then Kuttipuram.. Edappal.. Kozhikode.. Badagara.. Quilandi.. Mahe.. Thalassery.. Kannur .. Payyanur.. Kanhangad.. Kasargod.. Mangalore and then off to GOA.... :)

Any more doubts call me... :)
  6. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    Romsi, Is there a road after kuttipuram bridge, that bypass velancheri . In google map there is one road. Also once my wife told she noticed one board mentioning about a bypass, meet some where near vettichira(kadampuzha turn). Also he can take the Calicut bypass which will save some time.
  7. thomman85

thomman85 Esperto

Thanks .... sure...

will be using the google maps to navigate..
    only question.. the maps route is correct right..
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2012
  8. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Google maps are gr8 and nice application for mobiles,guess GMAPS.

if you trust on Nokia OVI Maps you will find goa in Cochin ::D
  9. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    :evilsmile
    Is it that much hopeless?
  10. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    sun,
    trust me i was new in hyderabad and i was finding exit to vijaywada route from punjagutta area.
    after overall stretch of 15 Kms i ended up with the same position where i was, i saw again the same PVR-Central in punjagutta,it was during night time...