1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

My Electric Blue 1.4E+ Grande Punto, christened as Trinity.

Discussion in 'Punto 1.4 Fire' started by MihirC, Dec 30, 2010.

1. MihirC

MihirC Amatore

Mumbai
    The first servicing of my Trinity

My car was due for servicing in March, I at some level assumed that it was 3 months or 3k kms(I missed out on the whichever comes earlier part :eek:)

The following things were asked by me to be done during the servicing
    1) Engine oil to be replaced completely,along with the filter,
    2) Steering alignment to be corrected,
    3)Panel gap in rear right door frame,
    4)Noise from rear seats,
    5)Tyre rotation,
    6) Height adjuster mechanism goes down,
    7)Wiper blade change,
    8) Rear view mirror loose-
    9) Gap in front glove box, driver side,

Of these they mentioned that nothing could be done about pt no 3 and 9 lol. The quote I have got for the same is 2700+650+taxes for the engine oil and filter and the servicing charges.

Is there any way I can be sure they have actually replaced the oil and filter, I'm a bit apprehensive, ok I admit I'm paranoid ... I have asked them to keep the oil they have removed in a can but apart from that is there any check for the same???

Will keep u guys posted when I get my car in the evening.

Cheers.
  2. Herbie

Herbie Regolare

Bombay
    Grande Punto 1.4
    i got mine art leather seat covers done by orchis.... they have done a good job though :)
    charged 7.5 k including door trims.
  3. MihirC

MihirC Amatore

Mumbai
    details of first servicing

Got the car back from first servicing last evening. The. Service assistant, was a really polite guy and despite of heavy rains, he waited till 7 at the TASS on my request. Got an sms from TASS saying my car was serviced and I could pick it up. I know most of you are aware of this and so was I, but for those visitors referring to this forum should be aware of the subtle nuances that TASS has incorporated to give the servicing a wholesome and cared for feeling.

For those who missed out on my previous post mentioned below were the things to be tsaken care of in the first servicing,

1) Engine oil to be replaced completely,

Post service update-The engine oil has been completely replaced, and the oil filter is here, home with me lolz. The engine noise has reduced a bit but more than that the engine just feels quite a bit more refined. The refinement is felt not just at idle but when the cars running and the RPMs pick up. I mean there is no damn way I can quantify this but like Andy told me, gaddi pe kaam kiya hain aise lagta hain( it just feel that the car has been worked on)thanks mate.

2) Steering alignment to be corrected,

Post service update-Well the steering alignment is a bit more rectified than what it was and I don't have to hold the steering wheel distinctly tilted to go straight, but I still feel its not exactly in the center, will be sure about it only after a few days. The steering has become a bit heavier, not too sure if its just heaviness or if the pull back action has become more stronger. I love a bit heavier steering wheel personally, but at some times it actually felt like a non-ps car. Noot at parking speeds but at driving speeds below 60km/hr, haven't exceeded that since the servicing. Like VP suggested , I ll get it checked if the tyre rotation has been done in an X manner.will also check up on the tyre pressure.if everythings done right then hopefully it lightens up after piling up a few kms.

3)Panel gap in rear right door frame,

Post service update- it will be like that only sir, it won't give you any problem. Agreed and accepted just thinking of the greater good.ride handling safety and newly refined engine are still intact in the car, such thing I can let go. But that's just me.

4)Noise from rear seats,

Post service update-noise and squeaks gone completely yaaayyy.

5)Tyre rotation,

Post service update- Rotation done but like VP informed ,will get it checked if it was done in an X manner.

6) Height adjuster mechanism goes down,

Post service update-Well from what he told me , my problem was not as severe as some other cases wherein the seat used to move down while driving.mine used to just go down a couple of notches overnight lol. So the height adjuster part has been replaced FOC and the same is being done for all new FIATS.

7)Wiper blade to be changed-

Post service update-Viper bladed replaced under warranty. The top of the previous bade had chipped of. Guess the rubber had hardened a bit, not too sure.

8) Rear view mirror loose-

Post service update- The mirrir still has quite a bit of loose vertical movement. He informed that the mirror is fixed to the windsscreen and if the mirror socket gets damaged they can do a temp fix up but the actual solution would involve replacing the whole windscreen.I have my doubts.

10) Gap in front glove box, driver side,

Post service update- Same as point 3.

I have attached the invoice for reference.

Cheers.

IMG-20110610-00385.jpg
  4. MihirC

MihirC Amatore

Mumbai
    Travelled thru water, worried

Hi guys, pardon my english but have to work at this god forsaken place called Kurla. Had parked my car in my regular parking spot. Was in a meeting, when I checked up on the car it was in 10 inches of water , and that was because I park it on a slope. Down the slope there was around 2 feet of water. Since the rain showed no signs of stopping I had no option but to move the car to a better place, which would have me move the car thru the 2feet deep water for Distance of around 60 to 70 feet. I have driven in such conditionsa( my previous project was at tardeo lolz) so anyways managed to pull thru the 60 feet stretch without stalling the car but both the front grills were submerged, now I am worried if the car might be any damage to the car or the insides.

Need your advice buddies.
  5. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    I'd say you had a close shave. Since your car made it through without stalling , so it's fine. No problems.

Had it ingested water/entered the electronics , it wouldn't have made it through the puddle.

So, dnt worry and always be careful tackling these puddles of water.

Gurjinder
  6. MihirC

MihirC Amatore

Mumbai
    Most confortin words ever mate thanks. Got the baby back home ,she's running. Just fine.
  7. MihirC

MihirC Amatore

Mumbai
    Mods note- Duplicate post removed. Kindly use the "Report Post" feature to ensure better action on feedback. Thanks.
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 11, 2011
  8. MihirC

MihirC Amatore

Mumbai
    6 months and 4000 kms completed yesterday, 15th June 2011

Whats up mates,

My baby completed 6 months in my care yesterday, quite a few ups and downs but alls well at the end of the day and I couldnt be more happier than what my baby has to offer, Safety, comfort, luxury and peace of mind.

Intrestingly I even completed 4000kms on the car yesterday itself which is a bit low then what I wanted it to be, I was planning to clock around 1000kms a month by my stanndard usage, but couldnt take the car to work for a couple of months.Anyways that will be taken care of in the annual meet lol....

Well its just a small thing, but just wanted to update it on this thread:p
  9. niranrao

niranrao Timido

Bangalore
    hello MihirC... I own a 1.4 Punto E. i was in the same situation last month with 2 feet of water surrounding the car. but lucky i made it out while many of the other cars were stranded on the roads. So is there any checks we are suppose to do while in such situation?
  10. MihirC

MihirC Amatore

Mumbai
    Well ideally I would advise having just a check up of the car nothing more, assuming its working fine. Post the monsoons get a basic servicing donean that's what I'm planning to do.

MihirC