1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

My Electric Blue 1.4E+ Grande Punto, christened as Trinity.

Discussion in 'Punto 1.4 Fire' started by MihirC, Dec 30, 2010.

1. MihirC

MihirC Amatore

Mumbai
    Gurjinder, mate, 4,000/- max seriously man that hurt 4K:uh:p... does it look that bad, what made u say 4000?-
  2. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    @mihir

No offence man :p

They look like art leather.

Gurjinder.
  3. MihirC

MihirC Amatore

Mumbai
    None taken dude, even if we assume for a moment that they are art leather then do they honestly look like the 4k seats? Asking an honest opinion?
  4. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Very difficult to say, by pic it is pure or art leather.

The middle part (body touching part) looks definitely pure leather to me. If the other parts are also pure leather, cost will be 15k+. Otherwise, ~10K.

Even art leather will cost 8K+.
    Last edited: May 31, 2011
  5. gurjinder

Punjab
    The fit isn't as snug as it shud be , plus the look is not right.

But hey,that's just my opinion .

I reckon its time you disclosed the price and other details. :)

Gurjinder.
  6. MihirC

MihirC Amatore

Mumbai
    Prerequisites of design , costs and material of the seat covers..

Hahahaha Ravi, finally a Mod hits the nail on the spot. :p

The material-

Well the seat covers are completely art leather. But the material used is the top end art leather available. The company is Ovion , which as the vendor informed me is the art leather department of Stanley.Maybe im a novice but compared to the other art leather seat covers I had seen this material feels much much closer to real leather. The softness of the fabric,the material does not heat up in the summers as much as it does on the regular seat covers, and a few other things.

The prerequisites in design-

The vendor , a known contact near shivaji park, Dadar, is a very good friend and when I told him I wanted art leather seats from Orchis, he very clearly told me that Dont go for Orchis, this is the brand to go for if you want as close to a real leather fit, finish look. The seat covers he had assured me will be fitted in a way that it would be difficult for a lay man to find out the difference if its art or real. I had only 2 wants, better side support on the back and better side support on the seating area, for which he did additional cushioning to the existing seats, I dunno how though. so the sides of the back and of the seat are cushioned in such a way that the seats hold me in place even in high speed turns. The back of the seat is done so well that it forms the shape of the spine, like its in "S" shape and so comfy while driving. The fit also is so tight that it makes me go:eek: Feels like im driving a racing car now. Its so much like bucket seats man. Im in love... Poor mans Recaro's lol. Also he had given me a lovely customising option, select the fabric and then he ll do it in any design that I wanted. The design which I selected was from Stanleys catalogue, the design shown was in a Bentley lol.

The cost-

Like Ravi said the seats Cost me 10K (due to personal relationship) but the quote that I had received for the same from other vendors around was between 15-20k. Took 3-4 hrs for complete installation.

PS- the rear headrests are done so awesomely,oh hell , the whole car is done so awesomely that its only if I look at tthe type of stitching can I make out its not pure leather. The guys Name is Amar Singh. PM me if anyone needs the contact details. Questions???
  7. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    10k I think its good deal
  8. MihirC

MihirC Amatore

Mumbai
    Yea 10 k is a pretty good deal especialy considering the fit and finish of installation and the material I got. I had initially shortlisted the marigold and napa fabric from Orchis which was costing me 9 k and 12k respectively from other vendors for which this guy was charging me 5k and around 8k. But he informed me that the napa and orchis seat covers start peeling off in layers after a year or two, especially the napa one.
  9. gurjinder

Punjab
    @Mihir

Seriously dude, my estimate was as far away from reality as Punjab from Timbuktu :p

Cheers!

Gurjinder.
  10. MihirC

MihirC Amatore

Mumbai
    Hahahaha ya, dude , way far off. No worries. Its all good.

Cheers.