1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

My Electric Blue 1.4E+ Grande Punto, christened as Trinity.

Discussion in 'Punto 1.4 Fire' started by MihirC, Dec 30, 2010.

1. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Kuwait
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Re: My Electric Blue 1.4E+ Grande Punto, christened as Trini

Paddleshifter, since your friend is having a polo can you do a overall comparassion along with the pictures.
    Which car is the head turner on the streets,
  2. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3

Sure I can do it. I will do it after 6th Feb and post asap.
    I have already done side by side comparo of Figo 1.2 Titanium and Punto a few weeks back (though they don't belong to the same segment). Even that report is pending. ::V Here are a few teasers.
    [attachment=1:2322zga6]Photo-0511.jpg[/attachment:2322zga6]
    [attachment=2:2322zga6]Photo-0509.jpg[/attachment:2322zga6]
    [attachment=0:2322zga6]Photo-0514.jpg[/attachment:2322zga6]

Both are good looking. Punto surely gets a second look on road. One thing I've seen is that you don't have to compromise on looks part from any angle in contrast to i20 (rear), Fabia (side), Polo (rear) and Jazz (front).

Polo has a low overall height. So it looks wider especially in white shade and thus looks best from the rear. The negative side is that since the ground clearance is normal like all other cars, the head room is compromised. Red Polo looks better when viewed from the front.

Photo-0511.jpg

Photo-0509.jpg

Photo-0514.jpg
  3. MihirC

MihirC Amatore

Mumbai

Wow mate its really good to know that the guy with the ANHC acknowledge the punto like this. Says a lot doesnt it? The ANHC has a very good engine but i feel it lacks the chassis, its weight and the tyres to support that engine.
  4. MihirC

MihirC Amatore

Mumbai

I agree completely with you paddleshifter, interior space, especially the rear leg room and the features even on the highline polo were the main reason for me opting for the polo. That said you still should try the gearshift in polo :)
  5. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Panchkula

MihirC
    Gearshift of polo and vento are the best in their respective segment there no doubt about that.
    But gear shift of linea is not bad. It have become very smooth now after 22k kms though not as smooth as polo.
  6. MihirC

MihirC Amatore

Mumbai

No doubt even Punto and Linea have smooth gear shifts but they are no as crisp and precise as the Polo. apart from that I find the Punto to be an over all better product than Polo.
  7. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Kuwait
    Grande Punto 1.2

You are right Mihir, punto is ofcourse a better product than the polo, but no hard feelings, even polo looks great.
  8. MihirC

MihirC Amatore

Mumbai

I agree, no hard feelings at all. Polo and Punto are both stunners in the looks department, so it all boils down to personal preference.
  9. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3

lol. The way you guys are talking about Polo being a good looker makes it appear (at least to me) that now you guys are slowly finding Polo to be a better looker. :lol:

Guys, Polo in white is a great looker too. It is low in overall height so looks wider and the simple shape looks great. No exaggerated lines.
  10. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Kuwait
    Grande Punto 1.2

:lol: so next time beaware paddleshifter before flashing your beams :lol: :lol: