1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

My Electric Blue 1.4E+ Grande Punto, christened as Trinity.

Discussion in 'Punto 1.4 Fire' started by MihirC, Dec 30, 2010.

1. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Mumbai
    What are you saying, Ravi? Flipping off RVM a bit to avoid glare from lights of vehicles coming behind? That has been in almost all cars since ages.
    Last edited: Dec 27, 2012
  2. amogh

amogh Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3
    VP,

Don't be surprised! A number of friends of mine don't know this feature :) (some in India and some abroad)
  3. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Mumbai
    Ooops. It's such a basic thingy. But you are right, until someone tells us, we won't know about this.
  4. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Yes thats what happened.

I never thought why this is present -
    fiat-grande-punto-dashboard-059.jpg
    Last edited: Dec 27, 2012
  5. MihirC

MihirC Amatore

Mumbai
    One of my close friends using a polo 1.6 didnt know about the day/night rearview mirror for a year, he didnt know about the orvm's turning in opposite direction as well. Its better to say it out. Helps more people than we think. We assume that since we know , so does every one :eek:
  6. MihirC

MihirC Amatore

Mumbai
    Whats up guys, been a long time i posted here. Trinity's going strong at almost 28,000 kms. it will be 4 years in a months time. long report coming up. But for the meanwhile my car insurance has to be renewed.

I have been using Bajaj Allianz zero deep all these years, and I have made my share of claims. and needless to say my premium for zero dep this year is 25,000 Rs ( Bajaj Allianz) anyone has any recommendations of other cheaper companies for zero deep??

Also what is your take on this " Zero dep needed for a 4 year completed car" ??
  7. amogh

amogh Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Go with Royal Sundaram. They are known to give good rates. Also if you purchase the policy online you get one year of RSA free from them.

btw : 25k premium for a 5 year old 1.4 Punto ? What is Bajaj Allianz smoking ?
    MihirC likes this.
  8. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    I have personally experienced cheating in claim settlement by Bajaj Allianz and Bharati Axa both, even for very legitimate and minuscule amount claims upto like Rs. 15-20k in a single incident in an entire year. Not trying to generalize here but a lot depends on the surveyor who could pass illegitimate claims and block legitimate ones for slightest lapse in reporting from your side or stating other technical reasons beyond your comprehension or imagination. One cant find time and energy to fight them involving the ombudsman for smaller sums esp.

Do go for a zero depreciation policy always as long as it is offered. It is totally worth it. Might I suggest you to go for GIC based company like United India Insurance Co., except they may not have cashless tie-ups with FASCs which is totally OK in my book atleast. These government owned companies/subsidiaries are sticklers for procedures but you have much better chances that legitimate claims are not blocked. Besides the IDV calculations and break-up costing is very reasonable and leaves very less room for misinterpretations. The premium payments are most reasonable too. One could save as much as 30-40% as compared to private insurance companies.
    MihirC likes this.
  9. MihirC

MihirC Amatore

Mumbai
    Thanks simpleson. +1 to what u said. It also helps if the SA is someone you know and helps out with the claim surveyors. Never had a problem with that till now. Touchwood.

Heres the quotes i have got till date, also the current quote pic (25 k one)

IMG_20141103_133034_edit.jpg

Attached Files:

10. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    I wouldn't mind spending 10k on emergency RSA services and remotes lock malfunctions etc. rather than pay these ##$@#. :punch: Better to pay the local mechanics or garages for emergency services, which are not less in a city like Mumbai. Please take a quote atleast from GIC based companies they are much better I say. If you are looking for a good deal PM me I will divert you to get a good and affordable deal for the mentioned IDV.

PS: I get no commission or brownie points to refer.. ;):p:D