1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

My Electric Blue 1.4E+ Grande Punto, christened as Trinity.

Discussion in 'Punto 1.4 Fire' started by MihirC, Dec 30, 2010.

1. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Your Trinity looks fabulous. :)

Take good care of her through Dr. Prakash!
    2 people like this.
  2. Tron

Tron Superiore

hey mihir,its been hell of a long time haven't seen your posts about Trinity.
    Well really wonderfull write-up! Just keep on going man, don't stop atal.
    Good to see/hear about you & your Trinity.
  3. sungoa2010

Loooooooong wait after your last post finally didn't disappoint. Excellent write up. Punto in EB looks gorgeous.:)
  4. MihirC

MihirC Amatore

Thanks guys, She has been getting lot of scratches from i dunno where since the past 2 weeks. got a dent as well. I am thinking of getting the doors painted , first the lhs and then rhs, claiming them under insurance:-D. Glad you enjoyed the update Sungoa ;)
    Last edited: Dec 23, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  5. Toruk_Macto

Toruk_Macto Amatore

Wow. What a write up! Pure passion. Loved the blue color. Wish you many many more romantic years with your trinity.

Sent from my LT26i using Tapatalk 2
  6. pioneeraaron

pioneeraaron Superiore

Nikhil your trinity looks fab bro :) Well maintained and a jem of a engine to own!! Nice pics :D
  7. Auto Freak

Auto Freak Amatore

That was passion and love poured out in words!
    Was so good to read.

Trinity must be so happy to be in such loving care :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
  8. MihirC

MihirC Amatore

The 5 features I cant do without in Trinity

Well although I have the Emotion pack version of the Punto, I believe that nowadays even the other variants of the Punto are well equipped for the price point, and even if they are not then the inherent safety and stability which comes with a FIAT is a deal maker anyways. Just thought I ll highlight the top 5 features in Trinity that I just cant do without.

1) Steering mounted controls- This is the feature which gets used by me everyday, everytime I drive. It makes things so convenient for me while driving. I can keep a focus on the road and change songs, jump FM stations, control the volume. It makes the drive so much easier and that too with the right song lol. The selection of songs or artist or folders is visible in the MID and that makes listening to the right song a breeze. The thing which I would have loved though is fast forwarding or rewinding the songs, is this possible??

2) Bluetooth Connectivity- Although this feature works in sync with the steering mounted controls. Making and receiving calls while on the move is much less riskier. I say “much less riskier” as being on call while driving is risky anyways as it does take the attention and focus away from driving. Though this feature does not negate the risk, it does help in focusing on the road as well. Scrolling up/down the recent calls list or thru the phone directory is very easy and so is giving voice commands for calls as well as music etc , but you need to get the right accent first.

3) Speed sensing music system- Well FIAT took care of the fact that the driver should pay more attention to the road and not the music system and on cell phones. But what about driving at high speeds when you cant risk losing attention at high speeds, when maybe the right song for the right speed is playing ??? Voila and in comes the speed sensing volume control feature. The more the speed of the car increases, the louder the volume gets. This feature has 2 pronged benefits 1) it reduces the engine noise at high speeds 2) I don’t have to even bother or divert my attention to shifting my thumb to increase the volume. Very neat feature.

4) Rear wiper and Defogger- This feature has saved my a** more times than I can count. It eases up the driving in monsoons also helped keep the rear glass clean + the defogger helps in clean up the condensation from AC or During rains on the rear glass. During heavy rains the ORVMS are useless and what helps is the combination of RVM+ rear wiper. God knows how people drive sedans without these. I sure as hell cant. In the future FIAT’s can we expect heated ORVM’s???

5) Day/Night mirror- Not much to say about this feature but it really helps cut down the glare from the headlights behind immediately at the same time you get an idea of the cars behind you. Wish list ??? Can we have the same feature for ORVM’s???? Is FIAT listening??

Well there are so many more features which I find useful, both safety and comfort and those which ease up driving , ABS, anti knocking engine etc etc. but the ones mentioned above rule the list of favourites?

What’s your take guys, what do you love in your FIATS???
    1 person likes this.
  9. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Grande Punto 1.3
    Excellent points Mihir.
    You know what, I was not aware of this feature, till factory visit.
    During this drive, Ravi Sir and ScintillaSpire, informed me about this feature, and it was so easy to drive in Night now.
    1 person likes this.
  10. MihirC

MihirC Amatore

Thanks Ravi. Well that was one of the intentions of my post. There are some features which get overlooked completely as not necessarily FIAT mentions all of them in the brochures and not all get time to go thru the manual. The other intention was to highlight the fact that we love some features and get accustomed to them but we completely forget how special they really are. More of an acknowledgement of what we have in our cars which we forget to mention or highlight.

- - - Merged Post - - -

Hahahaha AAron, not a big deal to keep Trinity as new as her first day, I love her morethen i love most living beings :D

Yup AutoFreak. She loves the care and affection I shower on her and she acknowledges it and gives back even more. If you treat her like a princess then she will treat you like a king;)
    Last edited: Dec 27, 2012