1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

My Electric Blue 1.4E+ Grande Punto, christened as Trinity.

Discussion in 'Punto 1.4 Fire' started by MihirC, Dec 30, 2010.

1. MihirC

MihirC Amatore

Mumbai
    Posting the pics tomorrow Tony..I'm glad you found it a good read. Thanks!!!
  2. Tron

Tron Superiore

Mumbai
    @MihirC, dude i must say the whole write up was simply superb!! While reading it, i was actually roaming in your story. Whole movie being projected front of eyes without any screen & projector!
    And that habit talking to car! Oh boy, im still laughing while writing it! :p
    Well even im going through same FE trouble after my 2nd service! Dont understand what to do! Now just waiting for next fuel up lets see. I took appointment & got my car checked but noting was found that day. I more worried as the same streach was giving me FE 15/16kmpl. Now it drops down to 12!! What the hell! No traffic condition is changed on my daily route! I have to wait till next week, after that i'll directly make noice in Fiat as im facing trouble while shifting in 2nd gear but SA feels it alright! Any suggestions guys??
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2011
  3. MihirC

MihirC Amatore

Mumbai
    Ask the ASS guys to check your ECU, and also the gap between the spark plug, thats what was wrong in Trinity.
  4. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    ohhh on this sunday I was in Mumbai and you were in Pune what a coincidence. I was in Boriwali West and was roaming around in Inorbit Mall :)

I clocked 160kmph on 90HP.

BTW Southern Command is very close to my home... it hardly take 10-15 mins..

I was staying in 2008.
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2011
  5. MihirC

MihirC Amatore

Mumbai
    Pics of the issues highlighted to FIAT, the awesome waxing job done by the TASS guys

Here are the pics guys , the 3D mats, the waxing polishing job on the interior , exterior, the tyres, even the vinyl where the washer sprays are were polished:p. also the pics showing the mess up the guys did when I gave the car for the first time post 1st servicing are attached.

One thing I forgot to mention was when I said the engine felt more opened up, what i felt is that the driveability of the engine , the responsiveness , the pick up in the first 3 gears improved after the first 3500 kms, now even the 4th and 5th gear are are so much responsive. The engine note has become ever so much more sweeter the gurgle, it purrs :cool: I can pull off cleanly from the 4th gear at around 1800 rpm when im cruising at 30 to 40 kms /hr and in the 5th gear at 5okms/hr with a decent amount of torque, ofcourse its not good enough for the sudden overtaking but its just good. The 3rd gear can be used as an automatic right from 20-70 kms/ hr while the 4th gear can be used as a automatic from mid 30's right to 90kms/hr with no lugging or strain on the engine. Anyone else experienced this before??

Scratch on the fron driver side door.jpg

6040 rear seat opened and the top bracket of the locking assembly bent.jpg

Scratches on the plactic parts 2.jpg

Clip for headlamp broken and removed.jpg

Battery cover loose and dangling to the sides.jpg

Scratches on the plactic parts 1.jpg

Gasket or beading strip loose in the engine bay.jpg
  6. Tron

Tron Superiore

Mumbai
    @mihirC, SA said he scan the ECU. Nothing was wrong in it. After 2nd service one day my Linea started showing me ''CHECK ENGINE'' on MID but on the very next day it went off automatically! So talked to grandeur about it, he suspect fuel quality must be bad. So waiting for this current tank to get empty. Then only i'll come to know the exact issue!
    In your case what SA did for excceded gap of spark plug?? He replaced it??
  7. MihirC

MihirC Amatore

Mumbai
    not being able to post pics

@ Mods- I dunno whats wrong , but im not being able to post anymore pics of the car , its showing some error, please help...
  8. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    Great write up! As a 1.4 owner I understand every word you wrote, and also your conversation with the car. I do that sometimes mainly during solo driving. Most occasions, the car hears and responds :)
    Mileage, as I said elsewhere 17 is the max I got on highways.
  9. MihirC

MihirC Amatore

Mumbai
    He just corrected the gap, I honestly dont know how, but he surely didnt replace it.
  10. Tron

Tron Superiore

Mumbai
    well mine case is surely different bro, mine is diesel so no spark plug theory as compression takes place in diesel to ignite fuel. Lets see, im checking my car in galaxy now. Asking them to open up the clutch assy. to check all parameters.
    I have been shouting on all of'em for hard shift but same reply i got from diff. SAs & diff. TASS ''sir your car's shifting is perfect, nothing wrong with it!'' Now due to this thing if my clutch had suffered a lot & if (touchwood)my clutch dies who is responsible?? Who will pay for it?? Pressure plate can be achived under warrenty but for clutch plate why should i pay from my pocket? Though i report TASS time to time about my problem, they are less intrested to solve it!
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2011