1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

My Electric Blue 1.4E+ Grande Punto, christened as Trinity.

Discussion in 'Punto 1.4 Fire' started by MihirC, Dec 30, 2010.

1. MihirC

MihirC Amatore

Mumbai
    Hi Guys,

Finally our Linea gets her sibling The Punto which will be solely my car and not me dads. We took the delivery on the 15th of this month after a waiting of around 8-10 days.We have christened her Trinity. it sounds silly but me likes :cool

Had to take the delivery in a bit of rush as me dad had to be operated on the same day for total knee replacement for both his knees. He is home now an recuperating well. I was a bit apprehensive and hence wanted him to have a ride in the car once before he got operated. Took the delivery at 12 got the pooja done by 1 and admitted him by 4 .Super rush I must say.

Well here are the details again,

Its a 1.4 E+, got it for around 5.7L on the road , including freebies like rear camera, anti rust treatment, 2+2 warranty, mudflaps/mattressess, Sunfilms. Heres the link to my What car thread which has all the booking/deal details viewtopic.php?f=62&t=895

The car was in the yard from March 10 and it shows in some places where there are small scratches but thats alright to be honest. I couldnt have got a better deal.

Its awesome to drive around, though I have been restricting the revs to 2500 rpm and intend to do so ateast for the first 1000kms. Then will increase to 3500 rpm till 2000 kms then to 4000 rpm by 3000 kms and then go all the way.

But to be honest seeing what kind of FE Im getting with a light right foot I dont think I ll be going to 3000 rpm many times even after I run in. Although my average FE is 7.5km/ltr with a very light accelerator the instantaneous consumption varies between 13 to 23 kms/ltr( When I bought the car the average FE was 6.3kms/ltr)

Its been 16 days now and the car is already 560kms old.All the 560 kms have been in the city till now and I m really looking forward to a nice highway trip to Pune or Alibag to open her up.

Im very happy with the car, the way it drives , the comfort the features the way it looks , the electric blue colour is actually growing on me and now I feel any other colour wouldnt have looked as good. Honestly its all the same as our Linea but I never got to drive the Linea much, so Punto Im enjoying to the hilt.

My observations-

The first gear can be a bit sluggish but not everytime, its a bit weird . Sometimes it revs freely in the first gear and sometimes it feels super sluggish. I have realised it has something to do with the manner and the degree to which I press the accelerator.

The car is nicely powered, more wouldnt hurt but no complains with the stock one. Overtaking even in the 2nd and 3rd is a breeze.

The sheer bulk of the car does not give me an exact idea of my surroundings, Thats something which will only come much later I guess once I clock more than 2k on the odo. But at the moment is hell for me. No idea where the front bumper begins and the rear ends.

I like the shape of the car and the seats, its sloping ahead and the window line rises as it goes behind, a very nice sporty look and very aerodynamic at that.

Irrespective of the chassis potential the sheer stance of the car is very planted. I remember very clearly how my previous car, a 95 zen used to get insanely uncomfortable and speeds of 50-60 at the long Haji Ali curve my heart used to be in my mouth. I mean every passing second I used to feel ok now Im going to lose control or the car will topple.With the Punto I dont even have to think about reducing my speed or drive with my bp rising. its all so effortless, the same thing can be done in Punto at 80kms/hr.

Plastics quality-Honestly I dont care as long as the plastics are where they are supposed to be and 99% of the times while driving I prefer to look on the road rather than admire the plastics by feeling them or looking at them :lol: Like Aaron mentioned that dayat the tuning meet"plastics khana hain kya” lol.

The cars very spacious, the boot space meets my requirement to the T, and so does the rear and front leg room. Features list is endless and suits all my possible needs.

The bad part is today itself when I had parked my car in my office parking lot, some retard scratched the rear right wheel arch while parking his car. Just soo mad right now. First the accessories guy peels off the bumper paint as if he was peeling hot potatoes instead of installing a camera and now this.

Will be sending the car for getting touched up , getting a new rvm fitted as the current one is loose and a bit wobbly on coming Tuesday. Will keep you guys posted.

No mods planned for the car at the moment and if Im not wrong not atleast for the first 10 k kms. Want to relish the beauty in stock condition to the fullest before I change anything and to be honest I like my cars stock, that’s just how I am but keeping options open. Something like a midlife upgrade so to say.

Will post the pics soon.

Furthermore I would like to thank Amogh for the pointers he mentioned , when I asked him for advice regarding buying this specific model as it’s a March 2010 one, paddle shifter and others to name a few.

This is the only forum that irrespective of the status of the member whether he is a novizio or a mod all are treated as equals and helped in the best possible way and I really appreciate it. Hats off to all the mods. I have chanced to meet only Amogh, Grandeur and Vahan Pujari till date and hope to meet others soon.

I would also really like to thank all the members on TFI who have helped me personally or by sharing their experiences here which helped me.
  2. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Kannur
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Re: My Electric Blue 1.4E+ Grande Punto, christened as Trini

a hearty congratulations for your ride mihirc.

very glad to note that all fiat owners are very much satisfied and happy with similar experiences.

happy and safe driving
    cheers
  3. MihirC

MihirC Amatore

Mumbai

Thanks jayadev. Whats there not to like. Cars good, engines good , features good.

Hope you are enjoying your 90hp as well. Hey does the gear in your car have the P logo on it for the 5th gear?

Thanks again mate.
  4. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Kannur
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP

i feel so!! as if the punto is made for 5th gear as that is where punto gets extra ordinary which makes it irresistable .

ps: the p logo was done through photoshop just to show how i feel.
  5. karan desai

karan desai Superiore

Morbi, Gujrat

1.4 petrol will really open up after you pile up some kms. i am enjoying mine after 9000kms. congrats on the bold color
  6. rajeev_pillai

rajeev_pillai Regolare

Mumbai
    Kochi, Kerala
    Grande Punto 1.2

Hi Nikhil,
    Congrats for you EB 1.4 E+. I couldn't attend the tuning meet. But we can plan for another one in the coming month/year.
    Drive safely, also you can try varying RPMs occasionally, there is no harm in it .
    i think you will cover the run-in with in a couple of weeks.

Rajeev
  7. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3

Congrats MihirC on becoming a proud owner of a Punto 1.4 Emotion Pack.
    Electric Blue is an awesome color. A few days back, my father came to my room to tell me that he saw a Blue Punto in Sector-17 in Chandigarh and its amazing. :)

+1 to Aaron on his comment regarding plastics. The thing has been blown out of proportion by 3 members at another forum for God knows what motive.

Fuel economy of a car just out of delivery is low just like you see 6.5kmpl because the car is run idle a lot. Make sure you reset the trip meter at least once.

Speedy recovery to your dad and Happy new year to you and your family including your Punto and Linea. :)
  8. MihirC

MihirC Amatore

Mumbai

Thanks Karan. What you are saying about the engine opening up is true. FIAT engines usually open up after the first 5-6k kms. My dad uses our Linea rarely and for short distances so we have just clocked 6k kms on it in the 18 months that she is with us. Planning to change that with the Punto though ::T
  9. MihirC

MihirC Amatore

Mumbai

Thanks Rajeev. We will surely plan out something in the next couple of months.

I think I should have clocked around 1.5k by mid of jan.How many kms have you clocked till now.

Good you reminded me about varying the rpms, I had completely forgotten about it. I do keep varying the rpms but on long stretches of open roads I maintain 2.5k rpm continuously need to change that habit.
  10. kr_vasudev

kr_vasudev Superiore

Bangalore

Hi Mihir

Congrats on your new acquisition. Wishing you happy miles ahead.

I thought EB color was discontinued on Punto, after reading this thread felt I am wrong.

Thanks
    Vasu