1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

My Diesel Weasel - Exotica Red Punto EVO - 1.3MJD Emotion

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by Anand Shankar, Aug 20, 2015.

1. Anand Shankar

Anand Shankar Amatore

Bangalore
    Punto Evo 1.3
    CR70 in shade :
    upload_2015-9-3_21-44-11.jpeg

Nomad Mats FrLft and Rear :

upload_2015-9-3_21-47-39.jpeg

upload_2015-9-3_21-44-55.jpeg

Magnetic Curtains - Inside :
    upload_2015-9-3_21-50-16.jpeg

From Outside :
    upload_2015-9-3_21-51-0.jpeg

Fitting : Is perfect, the magnets are quite strong, You can open and close the door & windows with the curtains on. The windows have a layer of mild tint that I installed, Blaupunkt is what I was told. Doesn't cut the light, but does cut out some heat.

upload_2015-9-3_21-56-25.jpeg

Finally a Pic from a recent drive :

upload_2015-9-3_21-58-34.jpeg
    Deepak, varunrtr, asimpleson and 8 others like this.
  2. Anand Shankar

Anand Shankar Amatore

Bangalore
    Punto Evo 1.3
    Updates :

I got a call this morning from a person from the FIAT Factory, he said he wanted to come over for a feedback session. I thought he was from KHT, so I rechecked, he was actually from Pune Factory itself.

So, he was there at my home for around 30mins, giving driving tips and talking feedback. I also got a 8GB Pen drive as a gift :D

It was more of a generic feedback, but since FCA was investing this much in sending a person to the customers home, it would have been great if the survey was more comprehensive.

ODO : 2500kms

+ves
    > loving the highway trips, decent mileage.
    > excellent performance from the a/c so far
    > 700km round trip doesn't tire the driver nor the occupants.

-ves
    > a plastic bit at the end of rear wiper broke and popped out, I have stuck it in place with super glue!
    > rear boot door doesn't shut unless slammed, which actually got the previously mentioned plastic bit to pop out!
    > the front wiper is not aligned properly, at full stretch its touching the plastic cladding under the bonnet and making a weird noise. Problem identified, need to get it fixed.
    > Lower Dashboard not fitted properly at a couple of spots, parts are overlapping incorrectly.
    > The center storage bin lid doesn't open 8/10 times.
    > the left pull has started showing up, though very faint as of now, its present.

I also got a silly scratch on the front left Fender! I don't know how, I am sure it was from the parking lot! I am fuming with anger right now. No matter how much you safeguard your car, scratches will somehow find their way through.
    Deepak, prabhjot, asimpleson and 2 others like this.
  3. pabhishek

pabhishek Esperto

Oslo
    Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    Those were some nice installations @Anand Shankar . Car looking beautiful as with all red fiats :)
    Anand Shankar likes this.
  4. Turbothinghy

Turbothinghy Superiore

Pune
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Even I got their visit 2-3 months back. It's a good gesture, let's hope they mean it
  5. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    @Anand Shankar

The curtains looks good, you got it for 2.5K right? Where did you get it from? 3 M store?

A generous dose of WD40 will make the rear door closing cylinders a lot smoother thereby avoiding the slamming of the door. Yes the rear wiper reeks of cheap quality but then that's what we get. Which is this central storage bin you are referring to??
    prabhjot and PradeepM like this.
  6. nkrishnap

nkrishnap Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    Congrats on getting the red hot punto evo home. Looks beautiful.

You can safely install the 100/90 head lights with a proper wiring kit and neat installation. Since you are not cutting any original wiring the warranty should be intact. I have been running 80w set up for low beam and 100 w for high beam for almost 24 months now. No issues as such.
    Anand Shankar and kunwar.g like this.
  7. Anand Shankar

Anand Shankar Amatore

Bangalore
    Punto Evo 1.3
    The curtains were bought from a local Tire / Accessories dealer, bit expensive but I found the quality the best among the options I had.

Thank you. I was thinking of 2 options, which would you suggest :

1. Upgrade bulbs to Phillips Extreme Vision 60/55, they supposedly have better Lumens rating and Throw range it seems.

2. Upgrade to Phillips EV 100/90 with a Phillips Relay kit(saw this for 800Rs online).

The current setup is real bad during rains, hardly any visibility. On Normal nights, the visibility is just ok, the light throw is not great.

*Have to mention that the Fog/Kerb lamps are awesome! They are almost as powerful as the low beam!
  8. nkrishnap

nkrishnap Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    I would suggest go for Hella or Osram bulbs. Found them better than Philips in terms of throw and life.

Agreed that the fog lamps are awesome.
  9. Anand Shankar

Anand Shankar Amatore

Bangalore
    Punto Evo 1.3
    Planning to upgrade to 100/90 bulbs with Philips wiring / cutout kit today.
  10. Anand Shankar

Anand Shankar Amatore

Bangalore
    Punto Evo 1.3
    Guys can you help me out with a good accessory shop where I can get the h/l upgrade done ? I called up a few, none have Philips wiring kit, they have some local unbranded wiring kit/Cutout else suggest Roots. I recollect 'Evo' in Indira Nagar was a good one, but read some poor reviews of late.